• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Secondaries for Samus Mains

Deception

Smash Ace
Samus is a fairly versatile character, but she has some very bad matchups with some of the higher tiered characters. I want to know what the members of the Samus boards think is a great secondary for Samus mains that covers her weak spots and such.

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Since Samus isn't very good in Brawl she has too many hard matchups..
So it's hard for me to pick only one good alt character in her place!

It's a good idea to pick someone who can deal with smaller & quicker opponents (Which is hard for Samus.)

And if you your opponent has those annoying projectile stopping stuff (Waddle dees, Pikmins), then Zelda is a good alt cause her Din's goes through those!

If you can't decide, just use the little basstard MK as your alt :(

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
I use Ganon as one of my many secondaries. And on some days, my ganon gameplay is even better than my samus.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This is from the Pit Character Chat Sub-Forum

I created a thread not long ago. It's called Why I Think Samus Complements Pit. Here is what I wrote:

Dryn said:
That is "complement," as opposed to "compliment." The former refers to completing or making whole, while the other is just a way of expressing how one esteems another. Don't get confused now! Anyway, this thread isn't going to be offering an advanced technique, a character specific technique, or glitch. The name of the thread says it all. All right, so here I go.

• Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES) were both produced by the late Gunpei Yokoi. (He passed away in 1997.)
  • The music was made by Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka for both Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES).
  • Both Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES) were created in 1986. (Yay! I was a year old! :psycho:)
  • In Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES), there are creatures that look similar to each other. That is to say, the Komayto look like Metroids.
  • In Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES), once you complete the game, you start off with everything you collected through the first run.
  • Both Samus and Pit make their reappearances through the Super Smash Bros. series.
  • Both Samus and Pit excel in projectile and recovery.

If anyone can come up with anything else that complements Metroid (NES) and Kid Icarus (NES) or Samus and Pit, feel free to express them here!
This really isn't relevant to this thread, but whatever. :p

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Maybe its just my playstyle, but pikachu compliments my samus well.

Samus' issue is SHORT spammy characters. And pika can handle those no issue.

I still have issues with an Olimar though.

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness-doesn't have much of an issue with short and fast characters IMO, because he sort of is one...

Pikachu-Ness eats his spam game
Olimar-PK Fire makes his pikmin into fire wood
Metaknight-Not nearly as bad of a match up as that board says it is IMO...
Kirby-Ness' air game is just as good as his...and maybe then some...

I'm thinking Zamus as well for a 2nd when it comes to short characters as well maybe...

Echo_0

Smash Rookie
I use pikachu as my secondary. Good for taking out the shorter guys

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
my 3 people that compliment my samus with cps: olimar(main) kirby: (another main) ics: they can play similar to samus it seems with some tweeking but with completely different matchup ratings maknig them great for a secondary

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
DK, Samus, Sheik. Well, those are the characters I play. Sheik compliments Samus well, her physics are almost pure opposites. They each are good at comboing but not that hot at KOing. DK is there to whoop Top tiers.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
ice climbers!
they can outspam any short annoying character with desynched blizzards and iceblocks and the little ones are the easiest (IMO) to chainthrow.
it does take quite a bit of work to play as them but they don't (usually) have a problem with the short characters.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Well, I stick with the defensive characters. Those of which include: Dedede, Snake, and Ganondorf. One character with projectile game + mindgame (Samus), one character with mindgame/ range (Snake), one with melee / range (Dedede), and one solely melee (Ganondorf).

Top Bottom