• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best stages for PM Ness?

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Make sure you go to wuhu island immediately :p

Uh, i'd say lylat may be a potentially bad stage for ness but im not sure

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Eh, im not that familiar with PM at the moment but i think lylat still has its tilting yes? If not lylat might not seem as bad but i feel like it might be easier to screw up a recovery there even if there is no tilt

Akhenderson

Smash Apprentice
Lylat is bad.
Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland, Norfair, and PS2 are all solid.
YI:B feels a lot more doable because although his pk fire game gets weakened a little, you have a few tricks you can do to keep yourself alive because of how god awful his recovery is, and it screws up certain match ups like Marth because of the slants. This counterpick stage should be practiced on to keep in your back pocket.
Warioware's liking is dependant on the player. I personally love it because the platforms allow tech chases for days. Some people don't like it however for other reasons.

Tofurkey

Smash Rookie
I've done a lot of work trying to figure out the best stage for Ness and I'm pretty sure it's Fountain of Dreams. The platforms aid in his approach options which he otherwise lacks. The position of the stage also makes his u-air a much more viable kill option, and doesn't really take anything away considering Ness doesn't often kill downwards as often. The length of Ness' recovery also means he can chase really far off the ledge.

silkys

Smash Cadet
Ban Skyworld and Lylat always. Terrible stages for Ness' recovery (assuming you like me and you mess up sweet spotting the ledge). Personally not a big fan of Norfair or PS2 because of the same reasons, but they're much more lenient than the former with the whole recovery thing. Generally I'd say you'd like to pick stages with platforms like Battlefield's or walls that you can ride up with PKT.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
I personally enjoy Skyworld, and will more after his recovery is fixed in the patch. Once you get past the "I **** up", it actually offers Ness probably one of the best chances among the stages.

I personally hate any stage with slants and FOD due to the fact I wont always have access to all my DJC options, but thats just me.

epm425

Smash Rookie
Warioware's liking is dependant on the player. I personally love it because the platforms allow tech chases for days. Some people don't like it however for other reasons.
I agree that Ness's tech chases are supreme on this stage. With so little room Ness has an easy time following up and finishing his combos, making his combo game deadly on this stage. The only issue I have with it is that certain matchups turn this stage around completely (Bowser) and Ness just gets early KO'd due to being Ness. What are your thoughts on stage choices in matchups like these?

Last edited:

epm425

Smash Rookie
I've done a lot of work trying to figure out the best stage for Ness and I'm pretty sure it's Fountain of Dreams. The platforms aid in his approach options which he otherwise lacks. The position of the stage also makes his u-air a much more viable kill option, and doesn't really take anything away considering Ness doesn't often kill downwards as often. The length of Ness' recovery also means he can chase really far off the ledge.
Can you explain the aid that FoD's platform's gives to ness's approach options? I'm not sure I get it haha

epm425

Smash Rookie
I personally enjoy Skyworld, and will more after his recovery is fixed in the patch. Once you get past the "I **** up", it actually offers Ness probably one of the best chances among the stages.
Why Skyworld? I've always had trouble with the platforms overhanging and I always feel like i'll be edgeguarded more easily.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I like Lylat, especially against spacies, but it is definitely really hard.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I prefer platform tech chases over chain grabs and the length and height of the platforms allow Ness to cover almost every tech option. Also, the stage really hurts spacie's recoveries. And I'm all about limiting their recovery options since you basically have to kill them when they're off stage all the time.

epm425

Smash Rookie
I prefer platform tech chases over chain grabs and the length and height of the platforms allow Ness to cover almost every tech option. Also, the stage really hurts spacie's recoveries. And I'm all about limiting their recovery options since you basically have to kill them when they're off stage all the time.
I see. I'll keep this is mind for stage choices in the spacie MU

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my favorite stages are green hill zone because it's like a small FD with a wall, and wario ware because i can recover/tech chase on the platforms giving me many options

FD because it's easy to combo there

Top Bottom