• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best suggestion EVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elen

Smash Lord
Lol I know what you mean but....definetely not the BEST suggestion ever. It for have to be an option for each player, because some people actually use up to jump, and some would definetely use something like this.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I use it for is canceling shines sometimes (which you might not be able to do in brawl so who knows...). Like if I wanted to turn around real fast or something then I could just turn then mash up.

I guess it would be okay. Hes saying toggle it anyways so its not like you would have to have it off or on.

mario-man

Smash Lord
You should really consider the point of this. It might help you become better at any game you ever play. It's called there is no point whatsoever and you should USE YOUR HEAD!!!!

Also, you must not be that good, because you must not use any uair combos or you would not have suggested such a thing. Try doing one if you had to hit X or Y? Very difficult, wouldn't you say??

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
This isn't a bad idea. Ever tried fast-falling a u-air and jump by accident? (I mean fast falling before you do the attack) Besides, many people find it easier to short hop with buttons, and if you're going to deny short hopping's usefulness, then you don't really understand smash bros. on a competitive level.

On a side note, it would also be nice if the controls were more lenient for reverse neutral b attacks. It's too easy to side b with falco, for example, instead of reverse lasering. It's not something you should have to practice. But I guess that last part is just my opinion.

mario-man

Smash Lord
This isn't a bad idea. Ever tried fast-falling a u-air and jump by accident? (I mean fast falling before you do the attack) Besides, many people find it easier to short hop with buttons, and if you're going to deny short hopping's usefulness, then you don't really understand smash bros. on a competitive level.

On a side note, it would also be nice if the controls were more lenient for reverse neutral b attacks. It's too easy to side b with falco, for example, instead of reverse lasering. It's not something you should have to practice. But I guess that last part is just my opinion.
This makes a hair more sense than the authors idea. I mean, so you don't lose a jump when DIing, there are better reasons to support your idea than that, although they are not very strong arguments.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea. Not for any DI reason, but so I can do the up A attacks more easily. All too often I find myself not using a characters regular old up A in the heat of battle because I'll wind up jumping or doing an up smash instead. I myself always use the buttons for jumping, it's just how I play, and I find that sometimes I'll jump with the control stick by accident. It'd be great if the controls were customizable so I could turn this off if I wanted to.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not going to say anything else before this gets out of hand, but I still disagree. That's all I'm going to say.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As an option yes, as an unchangable default no. This idea isn't that great by the way.

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
This idea is good. I just the c-stick for up and down airs because I jump by mistake if I use the joystick. I'm used to it, I can do long combos and it works for me, but there's no reason I should have to do it.

Most players, in my experience, find the joystick jumping "feature" annoying, and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to turn it off on a player to player basis.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
well thats what i meant, i just gave one example among many..
i use the captain and id rather not jump doing uair combos also... dont know how he'll be in the next one.. but for the sake of whatever characters, id rather not use the cstick to do uairs

WR3K

Smash Ace
id like that, because sometimes when i want to do a grounded up b with link i accidently jump and it brings me up leaving me vurnerable

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Like every simple thing that people feel differently about, it should be toggleable. I do agree that I would use my up tilts more if I didn't have to worry about accidently jumping- I don't think I would actually switch it off though, since I use up and X/Y.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree
Up on toggle needs to die
and Die hard
god dammit
it screws me ove so much

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
I think you don't need to toggle it on or off UNLESS you are doing attacks like what WR3K said.

/\/1/\/J4

Smash Journeyman
i totally get you and fully support this. i hate when i wana do any move that requires a utilt and accidentaly jump instead such a pain. butt still a feature is another option and more option the better

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'd like this option, even though is rare, as for everyone, I mess up sometimes and angle the stick to far up and jump into my death, or intoa combo.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've never had anything screw up because of control stick up. And anyway, if people are having trouble with uair, why don't you just c-stick it? Duh.

I think it would be confusing to have the ability to toggle up control stick. You use left, right to move, and down to crouch/fastfall, but up wouldn't do anything? It just seems strange.

If you want to SHFFL uairs or do uair combos, you should be using the c-stick without a doubt.

Also, if you turned it off, then DI would get really ****ed up. It would be nearly eliminated. Most DI options involve some form of up or diagonal up. How are you going to DI up/left after getting smashed off the stage?

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Im not saying disable UP
Im saying disable UP stick for jumping

and im not saying completely disable it.
Im saying make a toggle(option) to disable it for those who want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom