• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best teams characters?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Who does everyone think the best characters for doubles are?

And for that matter, worst? (in that they specifically get bad in doubles, not lol ganon :smirk:)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
IC obviously are terrible.
G&W and Wario and probably Snake are among the best in teams.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
IMO, Kirby is incredibly strong in doubles...
He's got a lot of damage & kill potential, he can help his teammate recover, his recovery isn't bad due to his multiple jumps...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Recoveries don't matter that much in doubles when people usually focus on the one onstage to wreck 2v1 while the other guy is recovering.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda is very underrated in doubles.

inb4whyarewetalkingaboutatrashchar

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bowser.. Side B can be interupted.. Grab releases don't work with a teammate on the stage.. Yea the things good about bowser don't exist in doubles..

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
MK and characters with good kill power that aren't terrible
So Wario, Snake, G&W, Fox (though I rarely see him in doubles)

Lucario's amazing if used properly, if not then he's aii. Same goes for ZSS.

Pikachu's good too but that's just because of how versatile he is.

zmx

Smash Lord
ZSS and GnW.

Probably the best high tier (read: not top) doubles team out there. They can work so well together.

Obviously Dsmash can fill up the bucket relatively quickly making it a basically 1HKO move. GnW's smashes are also unbelievably strong and his mobility isn't bad either meaning he can really take advantage of ZSS's downsmash further.

Edi:

I actually don't think Icys are terrible in doubles at least on neutrals. They are obviously nerfed but as long as one has a smart partner I still think they could be viable. Once an icys player gets a CG on one of the players, his partner could stop the other from interrupting it. Of course this would only be somewhat feasible provided his partner has a really good boxing out game.

Blue Dusk

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing Mario, and Mr. Game & Watch, + Meta Knight (If 3v1).

Because of the fact that I can hold about seventy-five percent of my chance against one of them on level nine...
Sonic: Me

Mario: I'm only able to use melee attacks so it makes it a little complicated for me to fight him.

Meta Knight: His attacks kinda fast, plus sometimes I get stuck in his barrage and it'll probably take me about one point three seconds to realize that.

Mr. Game & Watch: His forward smash is way beyond stronger than mines, and I'll try to avoid his standard special.

All of them against me, I wouldn't have a chance to win.

... and I probably didn't have to explain that?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
3vs1 is not a competitive standard as its not on equal grounds like 2vs2. So yes, you don't have to explain that at all.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I was really surprised to see how well Sonic,Pikachu and ROB did in doubles at Apex this year. A good Sonic player can support his teammate extremely well.2v2 allows Pikachu to score some really early kills with thunder, since it's easier to take your opponent off-guard with thunder when you're not the one that hit them into the air. ROB can stock tank pretty well and seems to be better at killing in teams.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm rather surprised nobody's mentioned Pika/Lucas yet. Considering how they can abuse Lucas's magnet for healing (there's a somewhat-tricky glitch that let's Lucas heal 100% from one thunder), it's a rather potent combo.

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm guessing Mario, and Mr. Game & Watch, + Meta Knight (If 3v1).

Because of the fact that I can hold about seventy-five percent of my chance against one of them on level nine...
Sonic: Me

Mario: I'm only able to use melee attacks so it makes it a little complicated for me to fight him.

Meta Knight: His attacks kinda fast, plus sometimes I get stuck in his barrage and it'll probably take me about one point three seconds to realize that.

Mr. Game & Watch: His forward smash is way beyond stronger than mines, and I'll try to avoid his standard special.

All of them against me, I wouldn't have a chance to win.

... and I probably didn't have to explain that?
This guy just won the internet. His logic, it just blew my mind.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
what about mario and luigi.

they seem like a good team accept they both suffer from range and recovery issues....?

C.J.

Smash Master
No, it's IC. they are nothing in doubles,
they can't do chain grabs at all.
Not really, no. They still have each attack hit for double damage, get free smashes out of a grab, and still frame trap everyone.

ICs are underrated in doubles imo.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
oh

my

God

ICs are horrendously bad in doubles. If you are saying otherwise, it's unsubstantiated theorycraft that doesn't pan out in reality.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you dont understand delux...if you can keep your ICs constantly desynced its absolutely broken with a good GaW player

DeLux

I am like, the fastest desyncer in today's metagame and have the most versatile desyncing game along with probably top 5 strongest desynced frame trap game in the world and let me tell you point blank, that isn't the answer >_>

The con of desyncing ( a climber commits to an option and is now going to get hit) leads to getting separated in doubles. Then between TWO opponent's that can kill Nana and a teammate with friendly fire, Nana is getting lit up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, ICs would have problems against teams that had like MK, Snake, other high tiers.. Sonic..

But I think ICs could wreck low tier teams.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I found it far more hilarious that the falco kept shooting tornado, allowing the MK to keep starting it back up again.
I am like, the fastest desyncer in today's metagame and have the most versatile desyncing game along with probably top 5 strongest desynced frame trap game in the world and let me tell you point blank, that isn't the answer >_>

The con of desyncing ( a climber commits to an option and is now going to get hit) leads to getting separated in doubles. Then between TWO opponent's that can kill Nana and a teammate with friendly fire, Nana is getting lit up.
Rating ICs in doubles is pretty much a matter of how good Sopo is in doubles. Which is pretty bad I'd say.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd say IC's is a gimmick, just the opposite kind of gimmick you usually see in teams.. Team gimmicks usually rely on two characters exploiting a move hard to use (in singles) in doubles by comboing into it/fillingupbucket/healing

IC's gimmick is by having a death grab but now it just requires a teammate to protect them doing it. IC's CG is pretty fast, so it only needs like 30 seconds of protection at most.. And if you get someone off stage, it's gonna be simple to CG the other in the meantime. Again its a gimmick.. most ICs main just don't like the idea of having to work harder than they do in singles. Yea, their CG is easier to break out of now, but its also a bit easier to grab people..

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman

9B doesn't live in the U.S. though, let alone kansas :I

ICs are alright in dubz, they just can't be the better character in the team because then they'll be violated I:

Yes @ Lucario+ZSS > G&W+ZSS btw ;I

Kirby, MK, Snake, Wario, and G&W are most likely the top 5 characters in dubz, then Diddy, Marth, D3, Pika, and a few others follow for dubz high tier, etc. :B

ye :pichu:

DeLux

My desync game is faster than 9Bs.
It's not even debatable >_>

People with knowledge of the IC metagame would probably agree.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
IC aren't garbage in doubles. They're usable. However, if you have a secondary obviously it's better to use that instead. They def aren't the worst though...which is all i was saying. IC+mk on a team can actually be pretty decent. I've seen 2d-jeff do alright with ic in dubz. But he would never seriously use em for dubz cuz he has a pretty damn good wario, toon link, diddy, snake, metaknight, zss, and game and watch. Oh and kirby.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The correct answer will always be Meta Knight and Meta Knight. Also most likely vs Meta Knight and Meta Knight.

Snake is good in teams to, gets gimped less easy, lays traps is a pretty cool guy and doesn't affraid of anything. Diddy is better 1 vs 1, but is still good for teams. Bananas get less in the way than mines for your partner, but Diddy just doesn't likes crowds too much.

:phone:

Top Bottom