• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Toon Link Stage

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Toon Link. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Toon Link the advantage?

Ørion

Smash Ace
Final Destination would be pretty good because it's easy to projectile spam as long as you are not against a spacie or pit who could out-projectile you on the flat stage. For other match-ups though, you could easily force an opponent to come to you because they have no where else to go. On this stage though, just be aware of the lip when trying to recover.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
A ******** stage.
Rainbow Cruise is TL's "Best stage"
So the more ridiculously weird the stage is, the better.

Jyuchiro-

Smash Rookie
I agree with sasukebowser since rainbow cruise moves alot you can have lots of place for suprise attacks or any random attack at any random area

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Something with sloped leading downward and away from the stage, like Corneria or Lylat or Yoshi's, allows him to set up early gimps. Large horizontal space allows projectile spam. Large vertical space allows abuse of his aerial game.

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
I would say a funny stage where you get stuck easily and can hit up to 999% easily without killing your opponent. That is pretty good when I play as Toon Link, but that might be just me.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
So, long flat stage with sloped edges and plenty of room for projectiles and aerial game. Anything else? This is for s custom stage.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Platforms usually don't help out Tink since they stop his dair, but they allow platform stalling (short hop and a dair as soon as you leave the ground; good mindgame, especially if you often drop through platforms and attack with dair).

If you really want easy kills with Tink, make the side blastlines close to the sloped edges. Dsmash throwoffs can often OHKO that way. Otherwise, leave lots of room off the side for recovery gimpage.

Top Bottom