• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Video Game Music?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yea it had like 2 ddr remixs and it was fun he looked tom cruz in DMC 4 lol

I also like the music from guilty gear alot as well

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's see here. From the top of my head:

Jenova from FF7
Bowser final battle from Yoshi's Island
Smithy's theme from SMRPG
Palkia/Dialga battle theme from Diamond/Pearl
Anything from Twilight Princess

Yeah.

Exovel

Smash Ace
I know I'm a bit old school nowadays, but here's what I think.

1) Sonic 2
2) Zelda: OoT
3) Super Mario
4) Cutthroat Island (Genesis)
5) NHL Hitz... 2003? (I'm not really sure on the year, I just remember the tracks got stuck in my head a lot)

sreeja

Smash Rookie
From the days of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, video games have almost always been accompanied by music. Music in video games began as brief jingles to start a level, and then it began to play during the level. As video game systems advanced, their sound capabilities also advanced. With more available channels and new techniques, composers were able to create more elaborate and better sounding pieces.

Exovel

Smash Ace
From the days of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, video games have almost always been accompanied by music. Music in video games began as brief jingles to start a level, and then it began to play during the level. As video game systems advanced, their sound capabilities also advanced. With more available channels and new techniques, composers were able to create more elaborate and better sounding pieces.
Yeah, I think we are all pretty aware of that. So, what's the point? It certainly doesn't tell us what you think the best music is.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Stickerbrush Symphony - Donkey Kong Country 2 (known in brawl as Bramble Blast)

All the music from The World Ends with You (for DS)

Legend of Zelda music (classic)

rmporter35

Smash Cadet
Almost all of the music in Secret of Mana was fantastic! The Dark World music of a Link to the Past was excellent... Crystal Chronicles on the 'Cube had some nice work on it...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Final Fantasy VIII and IX have perfect soundtracks. I can listen to "Blue Fields" (the overworld theme) from VIII on repeat for hours. IX had gems like "Qu's Marsh" and "Gargan Roo". These soundtracks rival Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but for sanity's sake, I will not compare.

F-Zero GX, Bomberman 64 & Bomberman Hero have incredible soundtracks. I listen to them often.

Also, Stewart Copeland did a wonderful job at scoring the original Spyro trilogy. I do not own the soundtracks, but I do want need.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The most well-balanced soundtrack would have to be Brawl. All types of genres, so that's definitely up there.

However, my favorite is the soundtrack for The World Ends With You. Why? It has actual music. Like, music that was made for the game, but by actual bands that were planning to use them in a concert. The songs get stuck in my head too.

Liontamer

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna go off the beaten path and mention Tim Follin's music. He did great work all the way from the oldest systems up until the PSP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Follin

Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was one of his best. Also, if any of you are fans of the Angry Video Game Nerd, Follin did the awesome music for the otherwise awful NES game Silver Surfer!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Assistant Soundtrack Director, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
Staff, VGMdb
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
http://www.vgmdb.net

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well these by far are some of my favorite videogame OST's:

Final Fantasy VII (One Winged Angel)
Final Fantasy X OST
Grandia II OST
Legend of Dragoon (LOD)
Legend of Legaia (it's definetly underrated)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (consist of a good mix of everything)
Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid: (Playstaion version)

these are just some that I like, but my favorite definetly has to be Legend of Dragoon, it just has a unique style which I've always enjoy.

I have a three-way tie for me (all Zelda Ocarina of Time):
Gerudo Desert
Song of Storms
Zelda's Lullaby

Top Bottom