• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Video Game Music?

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
FunkMaster, Culex Battle from SMRPG is the same as FF4 Boss Battle, it's a nice song cameo
8000, those links don't work for me, but it's nice to see there are other people who enjoyed Radiata Stories.

Mega Man Series:
2: Main theme, Bubbleman, Flashman, Crashman, Airman, Dr. Wily Stage 1
3: Title (I just started playing it >_>)
X: Opening Stage, Spark Mandrill, Storm Eagle, Boomer Kuwanger, Sigma Stage 1, vs. Sigma
X2: Opening Stage, Bubble Crab
X3: Opening Stage, Blast Hornet, Crush Crawfish, Toxic Seahorse, Gravity Beetle, Vile, Zero's Theme
X4: Colonel
X5: Main Theme, Dynamo, X vs. Zero, Sigma Stage 2, Duff McWhalen, Grizzly Slash, Squid Adler

Chrono Trigger/Cross: EVERYTHING

Sonic:
1: Green Hill Zone
3&K: Flying Battery Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Doomsday Zone

Final Fantasy:
I: Battle Theme
IV: Battle, Boss Battle, Dreaded Fight, Zeromus
V: Battle With Gilgamesh/Clash on the Big Bridge
VI: Dancing Mad, Decisive Battle
VII: Aeris' Theme, Boss Battle, J-E-N-O-V-A
VIII: Man With the Machine Gun, Don't Be Afraid, Force Your Way
IX: Vamo 'alla Flamenco, Battle, Hunter's Chance
X: To Zanarkand, Blitz Off, Battle, Otherworld, Seymour Battle
XII: Battle With Gilgamesh/Clash on the Big Bridge

Starfox:
SNES: Corneria

Guilty Gear:
X: No Mercy, Holy Orders, Awe of She
XX: Noontide, Holy Orders, Awe of She

Secret of Mana:
Main theme, Meridian Dance

Earthbound:
Giygas & Pokey

Street Fighter 2:
Ken Stage, Guile Stage, Cammy Stage, Ryu Stage

Lufia 2:
Battle, Boss Battle, Sinistral theme

I'm probably missing a million others <_<
good lord that's a lot of favourites. but yeah, Chrono Cross' opening theme, "scars of time", was really good.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Here's a list of a few of my favorites. Not at all exhaustive.

Banjo-Kazooie: Treasure Trove Cove
Castlevania II: Bloody Tears
Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix: Right Now
DDRMAX2: Forever Sunshine
Donkey Kong Country 1 - Treetop Town
Donkey Kong Country 1 - Water Theme
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Mine Theme
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Rattle Battle
Donkey Konga - Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing)
Final Fantasy VI (III): Terra's theme
Legend of Mana: The One Who Waits For the Breath of Destiny
Megaman III: Needleman
Super Mario 64: Dire Dire Docks
Super Mario Bros.: Main Level Theme
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Jungle Japes

FeArTeHsMaSh

Smash Cadet
Kingdom Hearts 2 has amazing music. The main theme song (Passion), Another Side, Darkness of the Unknown - Those have to be my favorites of all time.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is a close second. I think that for its era this game had the best music ever. EVERY stage has either a great song, or an epic song. They are all so surreal and astounding in their own way.

Shout outs to:
Megaman X: All the stages have great music.
Final Fantasy VI: Same, great composing for the theme music.
Chrono Trigger: I Particularly like the tune during the overmap of Queen Zeal's era.
Final Fantasy VII: One Winged Angel.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Halo series
FF 7 and 8.

Those are definitely at the top, and one of my favorites.

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
Good Music? holy crap where do I start!

Final Fantasy IV and VI had absolutely perfect music in it, some of my favorites... Although I'm not up on the later stuff; it feels to me that Final Fantasy has become far overrated.

Legend of Zelda Link to the past has awesome stuff... but there there's...
The Dark World Dungeons. My favorite Zelda Track ever.

The Castlevania series, Up to IV and Circle of The Moon had some sweet tracks in it. (Aria of Sorrow and beyond was good, but harmony of dissonance probably had the worst IMO)

Metal Slug 5 had awesome music, Particularly the first level.

Smash bros (melee) of course has sweet music. my favorites are the metal battles on both games (More melee than original), The final battle on the original, and the giga bowser battle on melee.

The final battle on Super mario 64 (DS) was awesome... Despite it being overremixed (Mostly on newgrounds). :urg:

Earthbound: best freaking final boss ever, how many final bosses do we see nowadays that look like something out of a H.P Lovecraft novel?!.... I swear even the music is scary!

F-Zero GX: I liked Aeropolis' Trancy techno music; it feels like your literally flying through it, Lightning's Acid Techno/Rock was awesome too. And who could go wrong with the explosive Rock of Fire Field? :chuckle:

Resident Evil 4's Creepy, sometimes ambient music was very fitting too. especially when shaving enemies's head's off with a shotgun... before a freaking parasite explodes from thier head.

Sonic Advance 3 has my absolute favorite sonic music music. That and the one sonic song used in SuperDoodleMan's Perfect Control 1 (Not 2) .

and finally a non console games:

Diablo series' tristram is a great theme.

Starcraft had some awesome music, too bad the game was mostly a Warhammer 40k rip-off according to my best friend.

Cave Story has awesome music too, Google it if you don't know what it is and play it: Metroid, Castlevania & Zelda fans (heck even fans of any sidescroller game) will love it (Graphics Freaks won't though, unless cup of graphics is SNES sprites :)).

pdk

Smash Lord
clearly, the american sports team's theme song from KOF98 is the greatest thing ever:

"ugh... ugh... ugh... ugh... TAKE IT ON!"

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Basically any music from Square is great.

Retro music, Kid Icarus has some awesome music. Can't get it out of my head most of the time.

More recently, I've been having troubles with getting Twilight Princess music out of my head. Even though it's not that great, it's disguistingly catchy.

Kefka

Smash Apprentice
My favorite VG music of all time comes from FF6 and chrono trigger, though Zelda themes are always fantastic. Yoshi's island for SNES had amazing music, too.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Cave Story has awesome music too, Google it if you don't know what it is and play it: Metroid, Castlevania & Zelda fans (heck even fans of any sidescroller game) will love it (Graphics Freaks won't though, unless cup of graphics is SNES sprites :)).
YES! Cave Story's Music is simple awesome!

Everyone go play cave story now. ;)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Square has like, best every kind of music, 'specially those emotional scores that touch your heart. :cry: Or maybe I'm a wimp.

I love pretty much every track on F-Zero GX. That futuristic music captivates my mind every time I hear it. Unlike a lot of people I know, I carefully listen to a lot of the music when playing games... It's real important and enjoyable.

Kais

Smash Ace
Guilty Gear, no contest.

But if I had to pick others, then:

1. Guilty Gear
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Windwaker
4. Silent Hill 2 and 3
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. F-Zero GX
7. Mega Man X

No particular order, mind you.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.. let's see. Some of my favorites:
1.LoZ Twilight princess (goron theme FTW)
2. Fire Emblem music (Bleh, I like all of the FE music..)
3.Dr. Mario theme (This theme is just plain fun lol)
4.Corneria (From Star Fox 64.. man, I loved this soundtrack)
5.Chrono Cross into (One of the best intro's ever..)
6.Tales of Symphonia (This game has some of the best music.. I swear.)

Annnnnd that is all that I can think of that I really like.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Final Fantasy Tactics
Legend of Mana
Secret of Mana
Yuk, I didn't like legend of mana.

FFT and secret of mana were great sound tracks though.

I also really like zelda soundtracks, FF soundtracks, Tekken, Mega Man and Shadow of Colossus soundtrack

Right now, I'm currently listening to the Phoenix Wright Orchestrated soundtrack.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
6.Tales of Symphonia (This game has some of the best music.. I swear.)
Oh man, how can I forget one of my favorite Gamecube titles? If you liked the music in this game, you'd love the music in Tales of the Abyss for the PS2. The freaking opening theme, Karma, had me tingling already.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
My favourite song ever? I love the Metroid Title Screen...I used to just sit on the Zero Mission title screen for long periods of time listening to that...

Game in general...Probably FFIX with FFCC close behind. FFIX is just nice and calming to me and FFCC is just good in general.

Also, Kirby music is generally really awesome as is Zelda and Pokemon and Mario...I just like a lot of game music. :/

Oh yeah...Guitar Hero 2 is awesome (first one is, too) as is Cave Story.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
. FFIX is just nice and calming to me and FFCC is just good in general.

Also, Kirby music is generally really awesome as is Zelda and Pokemon and Mario...I just like a lot of game music. :/
All such great music, But in some games the music gets annoying after listening to it for a long period of time. For example: In FFCC while collecting everything in Goblin Wall, I eventually mute my TV.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I have to admit I'm rather biased towards old school SNES RPG's. Those music will stay with me forever, especially Secret of Mana, FF VI, and Chrono Trigger.

I barely even notice the music in games I play nowadays. The only memorable sound track has been that of Katamari Damacy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta go with OoT, all of its music is awesome...

Metroid prime has pretty sweet music too, and TP has awesome music as well, u just gotta love the vs ganondorf battle theme...

Top Bottom