• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Zelda on Smashboards?

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well if so many people think it would cause problems then I would say that making a tournament is not a good idea to do.

We can make this into a rising Zelda brawl help/rating thread :D ... Anyone want to brawl me and critique?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am also of the opinion that threads like these are for sissies. Overzealous video production I'm not entirely fond of, either... but as long as it's one thread per user they are A-OK.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Okay, well if so many people think it would cause problems then I would say that making a tournament is not a good idea to do.

We can make this into a rising Zelda brawl help/rating thread :D ... Anyone want to brawl me and critique?
Sure man. Just hit me up on AIM. It may be harder for some depending on time zones. I'm sure it'll work out though.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Haha this seems like something fun! I nominate Aeyr!!
lol he'll hate but I think he's really fricking good. He plays his style to a perfect T almost all the time against me and can beat people that give me headaches.

I do believe he can give Ryoko some fights. Althought I want to face Ryoko more, if it were in person.

AEYR for best Zelda at least in the FL area!!

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
Haha this seems like something fun! I nominate Aeyr!!
lol he'll hate but I think he's really fricking good. He plays his style to a perfect T almost all the time against me and can beat people that give me headaches.

I do believe he can give Ryoko some fights. Althought I want to face Ryoko more, if it were in person.

AEYR for best Zelda at least in the FL area!!
I was actually waiting for you to post this hyde. I was wondering why no one mentioned aeyr and I even tried to bring attention to him by linking his video thread, but I would never nominate him myself because apparantly there's some kind of rivalry between him and me that I don't know about :D.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I am no one to judge Zelda players, but... if I had to, it would be Ryoko, Darkmusician and Luthien ^^
Finally I can play with Wi-Fi :D

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
Luthien has no videos up, but we been over this, ryoko doesn't have vids up either and he gets kudos. Luthien wrote the in depth Farore's Wind guide in a lot of detail and probably is the best at ledge-stealing on here. (granted I still think he overuses FW too recklessly but to each their own)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Aeyr has some vids up but none too recent or of him against others, though he has played newer people in the area and swept them.

Ryoko I know is good. But I still challenge him in IRL.

I know that I'm just fanning this Flame bait thread but I saw the smoke coming up through the tubes and had to jump on board and watch.

Nakayorz- yeah Rivalries are hard to come by but I think that Aeyr is a fair ARCH-RIVAL for me. IDK who would be considered who's rivals but I know mine.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I did not know Aeyr was in the FL area. Where? I would really like to play him so I can critique where my Zelda stands (although I also enjoy mixing in Sheik). Who else is in the FL area so that I can ask to play when I get my Wii back?

Its only a matter of time till "Welcome back Wii !!"

Luthien

Smash Ace
Luthien has no videos up, but we been over this, ryoko doesn't have vids up either and he gets kudos. Luthien wrote the in depth Farore's Wind guide in a lot of detail and probably is the best at ledge-stealing on here. (granted I still think he overuses FW too recklessly but to each their own)

Wow, well, I have a few things to say.

1) I am not the best Zelda on the boards. By far. I'm hardly even a candidate. That's all I'm going to say. Please leave me out of this from now on.

2) Ledge-stealing isn't enough to make you a good Zelda... I may be the best at it, but even I haven't used it for ages... actually I think I last used it against you.

3) My FW usage has toned down lately. I haven't played you for... I don't even remember. A lot changes in a few months. What I'm trying to say is, we should play some time. XD

I regret opening this thread. I don't even know why I was mentioned. Naks I can understand, since he has videos and I consider him a fine Zelda player. I wrote a guide. Writing something down and telling other people how to do stuff is completely different for actually being able to execute what you preach. And although Farore's is an incredibly important aspect to a Zelda and using it properly can make a break a stock (or the match), there are other things you need to be able to do that are far more important. No matter what I do using Farore's Wind as a Zelda, another Zelda can beat me with ease if they have better spacing and mindgames... something that happens quite a bit, actually.

I will not participate in this thread, and I'm not nominating anyone else either. I'm simply asking people to not include me in this.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
Luthi, I apologize if what I said annoyed you. I just felt like giving you props and worked with only what I knew. And yes the information is dated but again I apologize if I was out of line or something.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I did not know Aeyr was in the FL area. Where? I would really like to play him so I can critique where my Zelda stands (although I also enjoy mixing in Sheik). Who else is in the FL area so that I can ask to play when I get my Wii back?

Its only a matter of time till "Welcome back Wii !!"
Tallahassee, I'm there Green Mario will be coming back in fall. not too many but still good people.

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
Luthi, I apologize if what I said annoyed you. I just felt like giving you props and worked with only what I knew. And yes the information is dated but again I apologize if I was out of line or something.
You weren't out of line.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Personally, I don't think it matters who is "The Best"...as long as we can acknowledge who is great.

There have already been names mentioned...so I went list anyone, but those who have been mentioned certainly deserve to be, and I think that should be enough for both the players and the community as a whole.

There'll always be debate about it and players will always have their high and low times in their play...so let's just give props to those that deserve it and leave it at that.

Luthien

Smash Ace
XD I know you didn't mean any offense, and I didn't take any. Besides, you were right. ^^ I welcome criticism, especially if it's good.

So yeah, I agree with FinalKai.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Smashboard's Next Top Zelda Player
SNTZP for short.

Na na na na na na, you wanna be on top? ;)
Oh yeah!

Hehe saw this gif before had to go looking for it, so that's for you Ethan.;)

Anyway this thread makes me wonder what ever happened to that Zelda doubles tourney :p. I'm just gonna say uh that yeah Ryko is always right haha. Though really I nominate you all hehe.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I nominate Popsofctown as the best Zelda player! He gives my...Ol...Did...War...Lucar...nvm.

/jokes

goodkid

Smash Lord
There's also some very good Zeldas on AiB. DoppelGanger, Somacruz2, xjellyfishx.

If we would rate this based on experience/knowledge of other match-ups, tournament exp, commitment to Zelda, and overall placing, I'd say

Darkmusician, Ryoko, S2, DoppelGanger- at the top of the list

Nakayorz, The Lake, KOF, Zone(I don't think he plays Brawl much)- middle of the list.

@S2- you should play Doppel, you both are in Cali.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
can't be me.... I'll never be able to break the ceiling into the professional realm becuase, as well as I do with her, I'll kill myself with zelda occasionally.... I've done that with every character that I've ever mained... I don't know why... but I can be doing incredibly well and then just botch an edgeguard or set myself up to be fully charged Fsmashed... it's quite frustrating knowing the amount of matches you SHOULD have won, but that you just screwed up on.

that and I'm an unorthodox Zelda anyway because I use farore's wind FAR more often than any other zelda ever does.... and I jump with up.... don't kill me >_<

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
The "SmashBoards Next Top Zelda Player" should really kick *** to this "DT" which plays with Ike. He ***** my Zelda like 3 times (I know I'm not excellent but Im not bad either; mediocre). That stupid lag and his sword with long range and strength hits me after a second. Is this an abusse? Lol.

P.D: -Spazn- I think it was you that remembered me of the tournament. If you want I can make a quick one very simple and maybe it could be the next week or the other one. Doubles right ?

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Dias4Flac isn't good with anyone but Bowser, his Bowser is toooo good, no doubt, but everything else is meh.

Nak, those 7 "epic" videos are no longer epic, lol. They probably were weeks ago when I thought they looked epic, but watching them again, the seem slow, I get better and god they're boring...

I would be glad to play anyone who claims to be best Zelda. Yes, I main Zelda and that's about it.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
P.D: -Spazn- I think it was you that remembered me of the tournament. If you want I can make a quick one very simple and maybe it could be the next week or the other one. Doubles right ?
Yeah doubles, though totally man that would be cool and I would still be up for it. Not sure if Luthien my planned team mate for the last one is still up for it. But yeah was looking forward to the other one and it never went through, made me sad lol.

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
there will never be the gratest zelda player everytime one person gets good
another gets better.. so it kinda pointless to fight bout this XD

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok, I think I will host a Mario kart tourney, when I finish, I will start this one :D. Can somebody please **** every Ike player that plays Wi-Fi? I mean my Zelda has been ***** by many Ike players with all that lag, with my dins fire detonating everywhere. I can only use my super d-tilt that makes them go crazy :D

Iris

Smash Ace
Dias4Flac isn't good with anyone but Bowser, his Bowser is toooo good, no doubt, but everything else is meh.

Nak, those 7 "epic" videos are no longer epic, lol. They probably were weeks ago when I thought they looked epic, but watching them again, the seem slow, I get better and god they're boring...

I would be glad to play anyone who claims to be best Zelda. Yes, I main Zelda and that's about it.
...Who...?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you know... I'd like to get some vids up so that I could get some help improving >_<

I can;t just transfer replays via SD card can I?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
After beating the crap out of a couple zeldas at this recent tourney I traveled to,(3 stocked every one of them) I think y'all should really reconsider Pops' Zelda. He puts up MUCH more of a fight than any Zelda I've played.

Top Bottom