• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Zelda's here on the forums?

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
Sup guys I'm a ZSS main and I've been bouncing around a bit as far as secondaries... but zelda is a standout in terms of feel. I'm a noob but I like her SHHFF nair. Its fast for pressure, pretty sure it auto cancels and you can chain some pretty ridiculous strings in uh training mode lol

Recently picked her up the old way. For fun. I like glass cannon's.... Anyway who are the best Zelda's here on the boards in everyone's OBJECTIVE opinion... keyword in that sentence. I know how people get lol.

Also real quick what would you guys consider mandatory tech / advance tech skill for playing zelda.

Most useful tech skill. Meaning the one you find yourself using the most successfully in actual matches.

Also who wants too fight... I mean train right now.

Thanks

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, Nairo dabbles in Zelda... So... :secretkpop:

But on a serious note, a dedicated solo Zelda I'd probably consider one of the best would be @|ven|

As for useful tech skill, DEFINITELY JC OoS. This is very useful for Usmash and Farore's Elevators OoS, which are among her fastest options, and quite deadly. She doesn't really use many/any other tech skills, lol.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@Ven probably yea.

SHFF Nair can autocancel yea, it's AC window is < 38 frames & Zelda's SH is 40 frames so you can shave off a few frames like that if you time the FF at the right time (which is very slightly after the final hit of it).

Personally I think Perfect Pivot Jabs, learning to overshoot the ledge when recovering (hold down during the teleport when moving towards the ledge) & getting the obscure angles with FE are the most important things regarding tech.

Even though Zelda's PP isn't exactly the greatest, it's decent enough create some space & whilst using a move that is virtually safe on shield (8 frames of ending lag) & a p decent disjoint & the latter two helps Zelda's already fantastic recovery by adding some versatility. This will be very useful as more & more players get used to exploiting the one frame vulnerability every character has when grabbing the ledge.

Getting the obscure angles is also incredibly important for the Elevators, since the first hit can be DI'd it is important you learn how to get the second hit. I made a p lengthy post about what Zelda players need to do with FW here & in it I talked a bit about how to get those weird angles.

Last edited:

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
Well, Nairo dabbles in Zelda... So... :secretkpop:

But on a serious note, a dedicated solo Zelda I'd probably consider one of the best would be @|ven|

As for useful tech skill, DEFINITELY JC OoS. This is very useful for Usmash and Farore's Elevators OoS, which are among her fastest options, and quite deadly. She doesn't really use many/any other tech skills, lol.
Ooooo Jump cancel? I was looking at that thinking it might've been a Zelda special lol. I asked because I looked at the primer stickied here and it had a lot of crazy character specific tech. You wanna play sometime?

Nickat98

Smash Cadet
I'm a Zelda only main, I'm not too familiar with my zss MU (really cause I haven't faced a good one) but I'll play you if you'd like.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I mean, if we're going by region, then every Zelda player on the boards is the best Zelda player in their respective regions lol. Like, I'm the best Zelda here in Wisconsin. Granted, there are only two of us lol.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I mean, if we're going by region, then every Zelda player on the boards is the best Zelda player in their respective regions lol. Like, I'm the best Zelda here in Wisconsin. Granted, there are only two of us lol.
Right, but Zelda mains are a dime a dozen, especially we who have mained her since Melee. Seeing her progression really brings out an appreciation to show Zelda what she's capable of, and so there's Zelda mains, and there are us Zelda mains who do our research and pioneer the competitive character. We're all the best Zeldas. ;)

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Can't say that as New Jersey native, thanks to Nairo.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Um...it's cool?

Besides, it's nice to be around a lot of highly talented smashers.
It's just unfortunate being a good Zelda player in the same state as the best one lol. Not like there are a lot of us :p

Btw, love your avatar. Tharja's the best character in Awakening.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I'd like to think i'm a great Zelda player, not sure how i rank against the other Zelda's here... plus doing Zelda dittos isn't really the way to determine that right? lol

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I'd like to think i'm a great Zelda player, not sure how i rank against the other Zelda's here... plus doing Zelda dittos isn't really the way to determine that right? lol
Zelda dittos are awkward. Would not recommend lol.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm a very bad Zelda but I'm 2nd in my region in Melee and 1st in Sm4sh, because nobody else plays Zelda in my region except one guy in Melee. I have a higher placing than his best highest in one tournament, but he has far more results than I do, so yeah.

Basically there is no Zelda in the southwest. People claim they're here but they're lying.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hmm no really good Southwest Zeldas?

Time for me to get on that.

HylianCricket

Smash Rookie
I thought it was just me that had trouble with Zelda ditto matches. Looking around here long enough I see that's actually a thing.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
I'm the NEOH Zelda if that means anything lol. Zeldas are ranked by state number not tourney records lol
Yooo I think I saw you online months ago on Anther's or something, I'm the resident Pittsburgh Zelda. Need to track you down at the next Youngstown Trials

Last edited:

Silverwind 2020

Smash Cadet
Sup guys I'm a ZSS main and I've been bouncing around a bit as far as secondaries... but zelda is a standout in terms of feel. I'm a noob but I like her SHHFF nair. Its fast for pressure, pretty sure it auto cancels and you can chain some pretty ridiculous strings in uh training mode lol

Recently picked her up the old way. For fun. I like glass cannon's.... Anyway who are the best Zelda's here on the boards in everyone's OBJECTIVE opinion... keyword in that sentence. I know how people get lol.

Also real quick what would you guys consider mandatory tech / advance tech skill for playing zelda.

Most useful tech skill. Meaning the one you find yourself using the most successfully in actual matches.

Also who wants too fight... I mean train right now.

Thanks
I consider myself to be pretty darn good with Zelda. However, I don't really care much for tiers, just characters I enjoy playing. Nor do I scan frame data. I learn through experience, and if there's a problem, I work out a solution. I also don't use the elevator all that much. Sure, It's powerful and cool, but it's kinda risky, don't you think? Seriously, if you screw up, it's game over! Unless the person you're playing against is either terrible, and or sucks at life. Despite what my friends like to think, Zelda is one of my secondaries. But they know better than to underestimate my Zelda.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yooo I think I saw you online months ago on Anther's or something, I'm the resident Pittsburgh Zelda. Need to track you down at the next Youngstown Trials
Lol I've been trying to get to that, by its always been on the weekend I'm working lol. I've never been on anthers ladder but I'm regularly on roll glory

Jimster

Smash Cadet
Zelda dittos are awkward. Would not recommend lol.
Zelda dittos can be amazing! If both Zeldas decide to go aggro of course. I had a few Zelda dittos with a (somehow) good FG player today, magic sparkles and lightening kicks just fly everywhere. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Top Bottom