• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
BEST Extreme Smash in Troy

December 11

Where:

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Student Union in Troy, NY

At the intersection of Sage Ave and 15th St.

Google maps image. Most people will probably come from 7/Hoosick St.

Zoomed in plus parking. Greens are definitely free, and yellow areas are questionably metered on weekends (including along 15th St).

Building image is how it looks from the intersection of Sage Ave and 15th St.

Go to Google Maps and search for "Rensselaer Union, Troy, NY."

We will be in room 3602 on the 3rd floor, and we will also have access to an adjacent room (in case we need more space). As a note, this is not the room in which we will normally have tournaments.

We can provide housing overnight if necessary. Contact us beforehand.

Prices:

$5 Melee singles
$5 Brawl singles
$10 Melee teams ($5 per person)
$10 Brawl teams ($5 per person)
No venue fee

Payouts:
Singles:
55/30/10/5

Doubles:
60/30/10

Schedule:

Registration for each event will go until the event starts. Singles will include pools if there's enough attendance and setups. It currently looks likely that there will be pools.

11:00am - Venue opens
12:30pm - Melee doubles
2:00pm - Melee singles
5:30pm - Brawl doubles
7:00pm - Brawl singles
12:00am - Venue closes

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Wobbling is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Set format:

1. Blind picks: Both players select characters.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-2-1 order according to controller port number.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Rules:

- Items off and none.
- 3 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on.
- If time runs out, if either player exceeds 50 ledge grabs, that player receives a loss. Otherwise the winner is determined by stock then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- If the match ends with both players dying from a suicide kill (such as by Bowser or Ganondorf), the initiator of the move is declared the victor.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned. In addition, all people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall beyond 300% or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.
- Meta Knight's infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
- Scrooging is banned.

Stages:

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Set format:

1. Blind picks: Both players select characters.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-2-1 order according to controller port number.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Setups:

We'll have anywhere from 3 to 10 tvs provided for us but no systems. At least bring systems if you can't bring a tv.

TVs:

Venue - 3-10
Others - 3-5
probably more

(put wii/cube stuff here)

Bring systems anyway!

Attendance:

Zaandaa
Kwan
Tacoreaper
Calm
VibeSlyph
CAC
Arcturus
Questor
5-10 other RPI
CJT + friends
Tuna
Cura
Eevee
Beta
Erk
Sharky
Karnith + friends
blizzardbeam
1337-0 + friends
Altairian
Twin Scimitar
T. Webb
Sol
JesiahTEG
Asylum
Snowman
Vicious
Minh
Nightro
a nub
Spamus
Niko
otg
Mikael

More people

Tons of other maybes

T.O. contact info:
Name: Adam
AIM: Zaandaa
Email: tiger10x@yahoo.com
Cell: 207-649-0605

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'll try my hardest to be there, but I have a curling tournament the same day, and my team would probably rage if I ditched them.

I'll probably be there in the evening or something though.

<3 this.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Anub it's very unlikely that Rochester will be coming to this. It's about a 4 hour drive for them. Your best bet would he to hitch with spamus if he decides to make the drive and is willing to pick up

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I do not believe my horrible luck. Exams after the day of every tournament I swear......

Will not be going :(

altairian

Smash Lord
Study at the tourney. Or study like crazy before the tourney and use the day of the tourney as a rest/relaxation day so that you've got your **** together for your exams. Everyone in college will have exams around this time, you can do both! ;D

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ya really, dudu dude. You're not supposed to study too much the day before a test, studies prove that its better to study in advance and take a relaxation day.

Plus IMMA BE THERE!! CJT COMBO!!!!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I told you guys that if theres a tourney nearby that I dont really have to travel for then Id play. I can take a bus to this one.

N64

Smash Champion
remember all the times troy crew drove 3-5 hours for tourneys in WNY/NYC/NJ/MA/CT?

All of the above listed areas should come to this. Only seems fair! Hype hype.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yeah cjt u have the wrong wii lol check your wifi brawl friend code. And compare it with your allisbrawl 1

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'll check that out when I get back from class. I'm pretty sure my AiB one is the one from my wii at home, but I can double check. Also, in the event we did a switchamaroo, we can switch back at this.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Naw i dont have it anymore. It was Als wii. He has it. Lol. Its the 1 we played wifi on. Cause its the same code as your aib tag and your tag on there was cjtherooftime Lol.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Does it have my SD card in it? bc I cant find my SD card, and this would explain a lot. And theres no way you can get in touch w him before this? Ill gladly switch back....

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
It's just 4 hours from Biddeford lol. That's like the same as Rochester to go here. Plus you can hitch rides if MA comes some time.

Karnith

Smash Rookie
Pending my schedule for finals, I will be coming up to this. And I'll try to get some other Vassar people to come, as well.

SSBMaster11

Smash Rookie
I might be going to check out that college soon. I'll try to schedule it so that I can come.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
let's make all matches best of one and play on an overheated projector

also, grand finals is jiggz ditto on hyrule temple

Top Bottom