• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better chain grab with Fsmash incorporated

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Quite the opposite Frozen. Because Nana can't break Popo's grab with one smash, you just grab them before Nana finishes the charging up phase and she'll just hit the opponent while they are in your hands... Problem is that there aren't that many people that you can footstool like that easily in a CG...

Teh Future

Smash Master
wow that is so obvious lol I can't believe people haven't done this before. And actually wobbling works great on heavier characters except for bowser, I will definitely be implementing this in my game.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
As Frozen said, I found out about this a few days before you made this thread. I didn't really know how to explain it or show how to do it though.

This also works with Down-Smash. However, Down-Smash has more end lag than F-Smash. The damage output for this is awesome. And you don't really have to worry about move decay of the smashes with Nana because you can just finish it off with Popo instead.

With the easiness of Hobbling heavies, and the amount of time it takes to get them to death percent in the first place, using this gets them to death percent quicker. Because doing the hobble normally on a heavyweight eats up a lot of time on the clock, especially against opponents who are trying to run out the clock on you in the first place.

If you don't time the release of the F-Smash/Down-Smash, your opponent can buffer their shield to powershield the initial attack and you can grab them before they can drop the shield.

With this in mind, it's probably not a good idea to do this on Snake because he can pull a grenade out before the release of the smash. We already have to worry about him pulling it out while Hobbling.

I mastered this in a few seconds, because I knew what I did when I figured it out the first time, so I don't find the timing difficult. So I don't know how difficult it is. If you do mess, you'll obviously smash the opponent away, and lose the chance to chaingrab them.

And like Kadaj said, it can technically work on everyone.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Wow I saw this a long while ago, yet someone told me only **** could do it. They said something about Fsmash having a different trajectory between the US version of brawl and the *** version. Whatever.

Very flashy cg :D

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow guys, seriously, you do realize anyone decent can get out of hobbling within 3 grabs on FD right? Stop thinking hobbling is good, its useless if the guy knows how to get out.

swordgard

Smash Hero
they...they can? :confused:
SDI using QCDI and the cstick till your at the edge, the ice block has like 7 frames of hitlag, way more than enough. If done perfectly, you travel about 2/5th of FD in one ice block. assuming you can do 2-3 SDI per ice block and you hold the direction to DI, you do about 1/4th of FD.

Now il once again take my leave for i do not want to reveal too many of my secrets about this game >.>

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Yes, SDI the ice block
I realize that they can still SDI the Ice Block. But would it be enough to get them far away from you to escape? I feel like you can read their DI and still be able to grab them afterwards.

(Probably should have went in the Q and A :laugh:.)

swordgard

Smash Hero
I realize that they can still SDI the Ice Block. But would it be enough to get them far away from you to escape? I feel like you can read their DI and still be able to grab them afterwards.

(Probably should have went in the Q and A :laugh:.)
Yes, and after 2-3 grabs they are at the ledge and can SDI off the ledge and you cant do anything now. Lost a free 0 to death because you tried hobbling instead of alternates...

EDIT: Im surprised ice climbers board never noticed that lol.... that and lots of other stuff

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
The fact that they can still regrab or whatever after the Ice Block still means it's their choice of what option to pick. Just because they hobble once doesn't mean they can't always switch to alts, or even just do an fsmash on wake. What you're saying is good info though, but you speak as if hobbling is ineffective.

swordgard

Smash Hero
The fact that they can still regrab or whatever after the Ice Block still means it's their choice of what option to pick. Just because they hobble once doesn't mean they can't always switch to alts, or even just do an fsmash on wake. What you're saying is good info though, but you speak as if hobbling is ineffective.
It is because their is no reason to do it more than once if you arent at the center of the stage(especially on anything but FD), and it is overall slower to do, has no reason to be done compared to alt grabs.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ah yes, that person has come up with many good ideas that make it simpler to deal damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokJqEYS52o
EDiT:: I was juss testing it
&& i found that you can do it with every smash move
WOW;;
this has to be teh greatest
XD 10char
I have a question.
You are supposed to grab them and let Nana smash right after you grab right?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
That was flashy xD
I'll have to try this. It looks easy to do: just hobble while charging up a smash in between. I liked the fsmash>usmash at the end, too :D

lain

Smash Master
It is because their is no reason to do it more than once if you arent at the center of the stage(especially on anything but FD), and it is overall slower to do, has no reason to be done compared to alt grabs.
I think you're kind of missing the point swordgard, but I see some good points in there.

You're only doing 1 ice block, so even if they SDI the block, they can't possibly get far enough to escape an inevitable grab anyways. If you're doing multiple iceblocks, yes they get far away and they can di off the stage and yadda yadda yadda but the point is that it's only one iceblock.

However, I do know that people can sdi nana's fsmash and possibly escape the grab range of popo.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I think you're kind of missing the point swordgard, but I see some good points in there.

You're only doing 1 ice block, so even if they SDI the block, they can't possibly get far enough to escape an inevitable grab anyways. If you're doing multiple iceblocks, yes they get far away and they can di off the stage and yadda yadda yadda but the point is that it's only one iceblock.

However, I do know that people can sdi nana's fsmash and possibly escape the grab range of popo.
Its more of the fact that you cant use the cg more than twice. =/ Im pretty sure youd agree that there isnt much point to doing this when you could just alt cg all the way. And yes, you could also SDI the smash XD

swordgard

Smash Hero
if they do you CAN GRAB first then let go of the charged smash and repeat

you can't SDI a grab
You still lost 1 grab to try and find out, and this will only work if they dont SDI the ice block for 2 reasons. One, if you re charge the smash and they sdi, they will be farther=more time=smash that sends away.

Useless, please move on.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol thats crazy.

they def. do not slide far enough away to where you cant grab them.

plus you dont have to smash then grab you can do it at the same time making it to where you cant SDI or you could grab before the smash is released
1st i never said they slide to far so you cant grab them. Though you probably never played someone who QCDI and use SDI with cstick on 1 ice block. It will throw you off since nana will have to run in between, and takes more time to setup because she needs to return to neutral position. 2nd, if you start charging a grab in anticipation and they SDI, your screwed since the smash will get out charged and take em out of the grab.

3rd, they can SDI to the ledge after 2-3 grabs, making it unviable as an infinite. If they SDI to the ledge, they fall off the stage and you cant regrab.

Any more questions as to why there is no point in learning this. Use alternate grabs, end of story.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol well just grab THEN smash them then footstool ice block again im sure that will make it viable

I main Marth anyway Top 3 in the Nation :laugh:
It doesnt, it makes you lose time and is thus WAY easier to break out of grab. Your better off redoing the thing. And smashing after still doesnt solve the 2 other problems. It is NOT viable. Stop arguing that it is considering that there is no reason to run this compared to alt grabs.

1- Cannot be done more than 3 times in a row.
2- Deals less damage than 2 alternate throws unless you smash, which makes it even more unreliable.
3- Is slower overall.

As said, either you hold your grab from before, then it will be overcharged and send them away. Or you do it after, thus slowing down your cg uselessly.

EDIT: You may be top 3 marth in nation, but that doesnt matter if you cannot see that this is totally unviable. Knowledge>opinion. And i never heard of you before whatsover. I wont post my status as ice climbers in my nation, cause its irrevelevant.

Eljin

Smash Ace
Bnzaaa on Eljin's account:

Can't you try to hobble them back and forth with the B-Throw Hobble? Or you could just Hobble them towards the center and them go back and forth from there...

@Swordgard: Obviously the infinte is better and will garuntee death, but if you go to a tournament where infintes are banned/limited, then this is another option.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Gosh, he can SDI behind you. Learn your stuff guys. And i havent checked that other one, if it isnt frame perfect(as in im not even sure, i think the hitlag keeps em there, so i dunnow for that other cg) it wont work. And im not going to USA to see if things are viable lol. Canada is where im at XD

Top Bottom