• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better moves they could have given to characters?

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
Lucario's Extreem Speed should start up instantly and fly some short distance with the ability to charge for more extreme distances. While charging Lucario floats in the air like a sitting duck just as he does now.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Make Lucario's ExtremeSpeed do twice as much damage as Pikachu's Quick Attack, and be twice as fast as it is now. Oh, and hit three times, just because that's how ExtremeSpeed does in the games.
ExtremeSpeed only hits once in the games... :p

But doing double the damage of Quick Attack would be cool. It would be like hitting with both of Quick Attack's hits in one!

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
ExtremeSpeed only hits once in the games... :p
I think he means how the animation hits three times...

Yeah, no opening lag on lucario's up b, needs to do some kind of damage as well.

Pit needs to be able to do something to recovery after he gets hit out of his up-b

lonelymascot

Smash Rookie
they could have given the support trophy Isaac something like mother gia or ragnarok instead of just a biig green hand going across the screen

and toon link decu leaf, skull hammer and something to do with the wind waker for his smash ball

and the ice climbers smash ball move is useless they seriously need a diff one for them

Xer0mega

Smash Rookie
I think they should've given Sonic his Axe Kick from Sonic Battle (the one where he flips and sticks his leg out). It would've been a good spike for him, plus I think it would make more sense.

Mario's spin should've been more like it was in Super Mario Galaxy. It would be just a single spin that gives him a little height when done in air (only gives the boost once until you land, though).

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
To hell with the sword, Ganondorf needs the Trident of Power. That's he 1 true weapon & Nintendo needs to get off the sword duel fetish (or just use Shadow Link for them instead).

Yoshi should tether recover with that tongue.

Controversial choice: Fox with an Adventures based moveset. I mean if they weren't going to put Krystal in then they might as well have done this instead to differentiate Fox from Falco. Also, the arwing in cockpit view should've been the FS for both (& Wolfen for Wolf)

Jigglypuff: Singing FS

Shiek: Where the hell did the chain even come from anyway? What ninja waves a slow *** chain around? Do something ninjaie!

Splice

Smash Hero
Mario - DownB makes him grow bigger for a second, and has a hitbox like a Dsmash.
Kirby - DownB could have made him use his needle ability, or his dash attack could be similair to his Drill attack in kirby Crystal Shards.
Wario - DownB should be similair to Bowsers DownB (coz Wario does this in the games)
- Down throw should have been his ground pound from WarioWorld
- Fair should hit with his head, not his foot.
Rob - Dsmash could have his arms fall in a more guillotine like matter

REL38

Smash Lord
Olimar should have been given his triple punch from Pikmin 2, not that wierd headbutt thing. In Pikmin 2, he would deliver two small punches and then a third big punch (along with the *glock* sound effect). Also, change Metaknight's dash to the one in his kirby games. Not to make it faster, but rather just change the animation so its more representative to the franchise.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I like the idea of the Morph Ball as Samus' crawl. I had a thought similar to this a while back when a friend and I were discussing how Samus might change from Melee. We came up with this cool idea.

Samus would duck normally, but if the control stick was tapped down twice she would enter Morph Ball mode. Unlike other crawls, she would stay in this mode unless the control stick was tapped up.

Neutral-B would be bombs
Side-B would be would be the Ball Boost
Down-B would of course be the Power Bomb (Awesome)
And A would be the Spring Ball with the control stick directing the hops
Also, holding down during A would stick the Ball to the stage for a few seconds (like Spider Ball?)
Again, tapping up will always revert you back to standing Samus.

This new set up would give the already diverse Samus even greater possibilties... on par with PT when you include ZS Samus. Not only that, but it stays very true to Samus' abilities in the Metroid Games. Pretty awesome no?

--- C.Olimar788 mentioned what Samus' Down-B would be if she used bombs out of her Morph Ball crawl. With the idea I mentioned above, it might be better if Down-B put Samus into Morph Ball mode rather than tapping down twice - better midair capabilites. Though, I'm not sure I would like it to be a transformation like with Zelda/Shiek - more just a different mode... ?

Also I think that by making Samus' Morph Ball into a mode rather than a crawl, she can keep her decent dtilt.

However, I'm not sure about dodging, but shielding would be normal and a throw option where the Morph Ball would stick to the enemy if she was close enough, with shock pummeling, and any stick direction to use a bomb to shoot off her opponent would be pretty cool. Wow, that's a lot of ideas for one character!

Adrostos

Smash Rookie
falcon needs a b move where he spins around in a tornado kneeing everything
also it should have incredible priority. >:D

o wait... :/

also improves sheiks down b >_>

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Link-Jump attack should have been his side smash.

DK: Get's the coconut gun that works like the cracker launcher

Squirtle: Bubble>Water Gun

Ivysaur: Poison powder>Bullet Seed

Charizard: Fire Blast and Fire Spin>Flame Thrower and Rock Smash. Fly should have worked differently.

Meta Knight: Sword Beam>Drill Dash

Sonic: Bounce attack>current down special

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Wario should've had a cargo throw. No, for real.

In Wario World, he did a lot of heavy lifting and carrying. His cargo throw would work similar to the way it did in that game. That means a chargeable forward and backward throw (chucking or spinning, respectively), and a pile driver just made for free-for-alls (aerial down throw).

He also should've had a more exciting Up-B, but the only thing that comes to mind are those glue globe thingies from the same game. (They could work like Cypher maybe?)

Oh, and they should've made Bowser actually run. I still don't get it.

And DK's dash attack should've been his roll from DKC. I mean, Diddy got his cartwheel.

Everything else I got has been said.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
1) Give Toon Link the Phantom Sword, because it looks kewler. Toon Link also went through MORE trouble to get the Phantom Sword instead of the Master Sword.
2) Instead of him doing tri-force slash, he could stop time for a few seconds, just like he could in phantom hourglass. Two people having the same Final Smash doesn't look right. I think Toon Link deserved his own one. :)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Luigi should be able to use his vacuum from Luigi's Mansion. Its one of his only games for himself and he doesn't even have a move from it! It could probably replace his fireball, and it would almost completely de-clone him from Mario.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Luigi's not even a clone of Mario.

And what you're saying would leave him projectileless.

And if I didn't already say it, they aren't clones.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Toon Link also went through MORE trouble to get the Phantom Sword instead of the Master Sword.
Not really. TL went through a lot of trouble in WW to get the Master Sword. Wind Temple...

Two people having the same Final Smash doesn't look right. I think Toon Link deserved his own one. :)
Fox...Falco...Wolf? Landmaster?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but...

Replacing Ike's B with a projectile shockwave. Ike's Ragnell did that in FE9 and FE10, I don't see why they decided to clone Marth's and Roy's B moves by making Ike's B a charge-up hit.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
Not really. TL went through a lot of trouble in WW to get the Master Sword. Wind Temple...
No not really. TL had to go to more than two temples and islands to get the Phantom Sword. He had to go to about..5 islands, including the two islands next to the third one you had to go to, to just get the 3 sacred metals FOR THE BLADE. Also, the two temples which he had to go and recharge the Master Sword were easy. (They were short and simple anyway..) And don't forget that the third island was HUGE. You had to go through that island just to get to the temple O_O!

Fox...Falco...Wolf? Landmaster?
But their land masters had different stats than eatchother, whereas, TL's and Link's tri-force slash are the same. So i think TL still deserved his own Final Smash.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't. Give Marth less range, a bad recovery, no dancing blade, and he be lighter than Jigglypuff.
He's already got a bad recovery though :laugh:.
I'd say... Give him back his Shieldbreaker from Melee. The actual one if VERY situational.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
I don't. Give Marth less range, a bad recovery, no dancing blade, and he be lighter than Jigglypuff.
I don't agree at all. That would be completely idiotic, in my opinion, if they made him lighter than jigglypuff. HE's A HUMAN BEING. I don't really see how a human could be lighter than a small pokemon. (which can float like a balloon.)

He's already got a bad recovery though :laugh:.
I'd say... Give him back his Shieldbreaker from Melee. The actual one if VERY situational.
I agree. Making him stab kinda makes it easier to hit people.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't agree at all. That would be completely idiotic, in my opinion, if they made him lighter than jigglypuff. HE's A HUMAN BEING. I don't really see how a human could be lighter than a small pokemon. (which can float like a balloon.)
Why would it be idiotic? Bowser should be 10 feet tall, much larger than he is now. You have double jumps, and even triple jumps, which should never happen in real life. This game has room to make Marth bad, it's not like it matters.

Make him as light as Jigglypuff. That's fair.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
Toon link needs the leaf from Windwaker. It could be his UpB and operate like G&W's parachute, and it could be his B and blow a blast of air that acts like squirltes water. Little to no damage, but it pushes items and people back.

I think it would make him more interesting, and seperate his moves a little more from big dumb slow link.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ness' pkflash is changed to a stunning attack like zss' dsmash if quickly executed (but starts much quicker than it does now) and hits hard after a while... And maybe ness gets a slingshot, but he doesn't have anywhere else to put it.

Captain falcon uses the laser in his pocket... And falcon kick is good rather than terrible.

Ganon gets sword usage, but it's really slow and does uber damage.

Lucas should disappear from existence.

MK instead of just starting neutral A with a multi-hitting attack, you have two hits then a multi hitting attack that rnages fairly far, like in kirby games.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Samus with Corruption revamp. With Ice Missles, Plasma Beam, a Screw Attack that allows you to wall jump... Her grab attack would be the Grapple Voltage where you just hold A for damage. And the bomb jump and Melee Nair and Super Missle (but with ice).

jahkzheng's idea wiht the Morph Ball mode seems like a good idea, that would make her recovery one of the best.

Top Bottom