• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Than MLG, August 21st, CANCELLED

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Driver's ed doesn't cost that much, and seriously most people have 2-4 years of part-time jobs to save for license/driver's ed before they're even old enough to get them. It's not like there's anything else useful to spend the money on at that age (and this is coming from someone who bought thousands of dollars worth of Warhammer models and MTG cards during high-school).

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
I kinda agree with the price issue. It was ridiculous at first, but this tourney doesn't have more than 15 entrants yet. I think you should reduce the singles + doubles fee by half, and keep the entry fee. Just a thought. ^-^

Gichan

Smash Champion
I kinda agree with the price issue. It was ridiculous at first, but this tourney doesn't have more than 15 entrants yet. I think you should reduce the singles + doubles fee by half, and keep the entry fee. Just a thought. ^-^
dude no, cause then the winner leaves with nothing, so why would they travel so far?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Driver's ed doesn't cost that much, and seriously most people have 2-4 years of part-time jobs to save for license/driver's ed before they're even old enough to get them. It's not like there's anything else useful to spend the money on at that age (and this is coming from someone who bought thousands of dollars worth of Warhammer models and MTG cards during high-school).
unfortunately i was under the belief that it is only possible to get a job when ur 16, and 100% impossible to get a job if ur any younger (unless its a paper route or u know someone). Couldn't work at Dad's pharmacy cause he said u strictly must be 16, mom had no hook ups, didn't have any other hook ups, and couldn't run a paper route cause mom didn't think it was safe (back when i was 14 and asked her).

Got 1st job at 16 at wendy's (when i figure out they hire 14 year olds cause a 14 year old went thru the same training at the same time as me), and had to save 3/4 of my money for school. Even now I have to save a majority of my money for school. I can do 20 hrs a week, after 2 weeks i get $400 (off minimum wage), but only get to keep $100 which I use on bus tickets, buying food on my break, tourneys, games, funding my social life, etc, so by he time i save 300$ it would at least be 6 weeks, but that means i'm deprived of everything i mentioned, and i've become to attached to those things to change my lifestyle for 6 weeks.

So yeah, thats my john, trying to get dad to teach me driving tho, made some arguments, looking better, but no results yet =/

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Hmm I guess I had an easy answer to that out here in hillbillyville with corn detasseling during the summer starting when I was like...12. I hadn't really thought about how limited that would be in a more urban area like TO... but yeah I had 3 paper routes as a kid.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
Yeh.
**** this. It flopped.
Ah well. You tried. Don't give up either. Brawl is scarce around our area. We need brawl!

You should see if you could host some biweeklies, like the sauc3age fest biweeklies. If chatham goes down to london all the time, maybe you'll get chatham AND london? You guys play Melee too, right? You could have both. o.o

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
I -can- play Melee, I just suck at it.

I'll talk to someone and see what I can do.
Lol. I'm not that great at Melee. I practice a ton, but I usually fall short. The way to get better is to attend these kinds of things, and thats what I wanna do.

But yeah, you should talk to Fishy and see if you guys could get something going over there. If you guys had biweeklies, I'm sure you could get people to show up. I would try my best to get Chatham over there, and London isn't far from Ingersoll, so they might come too. Can't hurt to try, but do what you can. ^^

Patches

Smash Master
If I do start up some sort of biweeklies, it'll probably happen at my house. We can't do it at Fishy's simply because we blow a fuse with 2 xboxs running.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So this actual event is canceled right Patches? May want to clarify that in the OP/Title in case anyone gets confused.

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah. I just haven't gotten around to it.
I'm pissed off at the fact that people in Toronto don't wanna come down but whatever. I mean Avarice and I go to tourneys all the time, which is WAY out of our way, and yet people can't drive 2 hours?

****, but yeah. Its cancelled.

Patches

Smash Master
I'm broke all the time, and I manage to get to tournaments. I'm just saying, it's a big disappointment to for this to happen.

Patches

Smash Master
It's cool Gi. Like, I understand WHY this couldn't happen, but it still bothers me. I'm not trying to start any drama or **** like that, but I dunno.

Top Bottom