• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beware of the ****ing mouse

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Pikachu can chaingrab fox to 80% with downthrow. He can also chain grab fox with forward throw and combo fox with forward throw, It is absolutely ridiculous. And his down b don't underestimate that **** it kills vertically like no other and not even that it can kill horizontally at 70%...

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The same they were thinking when they made the original.
At least Pikachu got some of his former glory back, unlike Fox who has been good in every game, we all know that Pikachu sucked in melee.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
The same they were thinking when they made the original.
At least Pikachu got some of his former glory back, unlike Fox who has been good in every game, we all know that Pikachu sucked in melee.
IMO Pikachu was good in melee, it's just other characters were better.

Still, he was fast, could pseudo-spike with uair and could KO with upsmash.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
IMO Pikachu was good in melee, it's just other characters were better.

Still, he was fast, could pseudo-spike with uair and could KO with upsmash.
in fact his u-smash was better than fox's and his f-smash had a lot of range (and still does and cause they nerfed marth's f-smash range he now has more range than marth).

And in all honesty i think pikachu in melee could have been high tier if he was just more popular..

His down b wasn't as good not even nearly now its like 10 times better...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Pikachu is a lot better in Brawl, but he still lacks priority against other fast characters like Diddy or Squirtle.

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
I play with a really good Pikachu player pretty much everyday. Its all about timing the attacks, since Pikachu is left open after a bunch of them. Like Thunder. Even if the pikachu is moving and the thunder misses him, you still have a second to nail him. The Reflecter agaisnt the Lighting bolt is good. If he's edge gaurding with Thunder, just use the Reflecter spam to levitate to outlast the thunder, and when its safe, B->Past the him. Its about mainly not letting him get ahold of you.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Not letting a grab slip in is virtually impossible, especially in Brawl.

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
For the record, I find it easy to get out of chain grabbing by using a combination of jumping and the reflecter. I can normally get out of it after the 3rd grab.

Top Bottom