• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BHB Broken Hit Box # 1 Results + Shoutouts Thread - 4/21/2013 - Brooklyn NY

LLDL

Smash Hero
Smash 64 Singles (17 Entrants)

1: Sensei ($102.00)
2: KeroKeroppi ($51.00)
3: Greginator ($17.00)
4: Stranded
5: Nintendude
5: Shade
7: JimmyJoe
7: JNatty
9: KoRoBeNiKi
9: Chain-Ace
9: cobr_evolution
9: weedwack
13: SmashJesus
13: yobolight
13: skyfire
13: Maliki
17: hotdiggitydog

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
it was fun, thought there were more people here

Generals shoutouts:
Chain-Ace: Nice hosting, good venue
Owner of Next Level: Thanks for the help, sorry I was so hyper.

Shoutouts/Fun time

1: Sensei
Congrats, good Melee Friendlies also. Dubz should have happened. #KoRoFaCe

2: KeroKeroppi ($51.00)
Nice job getting 2nd. Fun Friendlies, wish my Yoshi was doing that well at the beginning of the day.

3: Greginator ($17.00)
Hello, nice to meet you. Nice job getting 3rd. I think we played 1-2 Fun friendly

4: Stranded
You have gotten wayyyyyyy better. Fun Friendlies

5: Nintendude: Fun, I mean No Friendlies :c Nice work in the tournament though.

5: Shade: Good work, nice to speak as usual. Fun Friendlies

7: JimmyJoe: Fun matches, Fun Friendlies

7: JNatty...I think we played some...............Fun Friendlies
9: KoRoBeNiKi
9: Chain-Ace: Nice job hosting, should have played Some Friendlies
9: cobr_evolution Nice match vs Greginator, i think we played No Friendlies
9: weedwack Nice matches, really close. I felt weird using Pikachu 2nd round >-> abuseFalcon'sreocverymoreplz Good Friendlies also
13: SmashJesus: Nice set, nice to see a good Samus, good work, Few Friendlies though
13: Yobolight Surprised your game with Nintendude wasn't closer. Also, Infinite Friendlies
13: skyfire. Not sure if we played, if we did, Maybe A Fun Friendly
13: Maliki: I think I played you, if yes, I Guess A Fun Friendly?
17.hotidggitydog Were you the yoshi/ness, if yes, a Lot Of Friendlies

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Geh I got a pretty unfavorable bracket, I could nitpick my placement in relation to other players, but that would be lame.

The tournament was pretty stacked, in tournament I only played Nintendude (I need to work on my anti-fireball game) and Greginator (I didn't know who you were till after I lost LOL, I thought you were a random).

Fun friendlies with some peeps.

Maybe next time I will bust out my secret Pikachu.

Jnatty

Smash Rookie
First things first, a big shout out to Chain Ace for organizing this tournament. Props for getting some of the best players in the area to come out for this.

Shout outs:

1. Sensei- I'm really sorry I never got to play with you (not that it even would have been close). Watching GF against Kero was amazing. Videos just aren't the same as watching high level play in person. Also, sorry for not knowing who you were when you came up to me... awkward..
2. Kero- Great play today, and thanks for having me and Yobo over a few weeks ago to help us get ready for this. We should do it again some time.
3. Greginator- I wish we had gotten a chance to play some friendlies today, but I'm VERY glad we never met up in the bracket. Great play today.
4. Stranded- I had a great time in friendlies, and you played really well given the p.o.s. controller you were working with. Even with that I couldn't win a game off of you (aside from before you had warmed up at all). Can't wait for our mm at Zenith.
5. Nintendude- I really enjoyed our friendlies, and I learned a lot about both Mario and Kirby from watching you play. Looking forward to whenever I see you next, and definitely hoping to step up my game before then so I can give your Mario a better match.
5. Shade- Great technical ability with Fox. Close games. However, I'm NOT losing to you in tournament again. Hope to see you at Zenith.
7. JimmyJoe- Really glad I got the chance to play some friendlies with you after the tournament. Can't figure out why you like Hyrule in the Rat-Kirby matchup over Dreamland, but it clearly works for you.
7. Jnatty- obviously the best smasher in existence... lololol
9. KoRoBeNiKi- I actually don't think we ended up playing at all. I know you played a lot with Yobo, but I'm going to have to play you some time. I'm also looking to get online soon, so maybe then.
9. Chain-Ace- Great job organizing. I don't even think I saw you play today except for Melee. I'm sure I'll eventually run into you and get to play some friendlies.
9. cobr_evolution- fantastic games in the tournament. Really could have gone either way. Great play today, though, and you deserve serious respect for your dedication Samus.
9. Weedwack- I had a great time in friendlies with you. Some of the things you pulled out with Ness really surprised me, and I play against Yobo's Ness all the time.
13. SmashJesus- great friendlies, great Samus. I was expecting Cobr to be the only good Samus there, but you proved me wrong. Same as to Cobr, props for sticking with Samus.
13. Yobolight- LEARN HOW TO COUNTER PICK! Please? ;)
13. Skyfire- Really enjoyed my friendlies with you (as always). Looking forward to seeing you at Zenith and seeing if I can make you eat your words.
13. Maliki- Sorry I kept mispronouncing your name today.... lol. I enjoyed our friendlies, and it was good seeing you after such a long time. You've definitely improved, and I'm looking forward to playing again whenever I run into you again.
17. hotdiggitydog- You almost ended my tournament in my first losers bracket matchup. I wasn't expecting to get trucked on that first game given how bad that matchup is for Yoshi. Good play today.

To everyone:
It was great meeting all of you and getting to put some faces to the names. Also, sorry I freaked out so loudly after I lost to Shade. Didn't really mean to, it just kind of happens...

LLDL

Smash Hero
You're not the first one or the worst one to have let out their verbal frustration. Don't worry about it. Was very nice meeting you and we'll def play some friendlies

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
This tournament was a lot of fun. Shoutout to Next Level and chain-ace for doing this! You guys rock!
1: Sensei ($102.00)- Lol i got put through a thrashing. You beat me down harder than you usually do. :laugh:You've gotten so much better since SWEET. Good games buddy. I'll get you next time.
Oh! And you may be good at smash, but you're pretty bad at rock paper scissors. Step your game up, n00b.
2: KeroKeroppi ($51.00)- Good cop bad cop? I thought you said bad cop bad cop!
3: Greginator ($17.00)- I really did not know what to expect from you prior to the tournament. You were a lot better than i thought you'd be though, you really impressed me. You have a really unique pika play style and seem to be good with a bunch of characters. I had a blast playing you in the tournament. It was nice meeting you. Good Games.
4: Stranded- This little mongrel. Y u go only falcon when you would do so much better using other characters? So much pride lol. Good job in the tournament.
5: Nintendude- Dude i had soooo much fun playing you. I've wanted to play you since Apex 2012 and it was really nice to finally have it happen. You're so good with a bunch of characters and seem like a really great guy. I wish teams would have happened it would have been too fun teaming up. It was nice seeing you. i look forward to playing you again in the future. Good games.
5: Shade- lol let's get some frendlies in next time. I had a lot of fun watching your tournament matches. Your fox seems really good, i wish i would have played it. Nice seeing you again.
7: JimmyJoe- Lol the day will come when we play in tournament! It needs to happen! Why don't we ever play frendlies either? We're the worst. Anyway. You're the ****ing man and it was nice seeing you. Let's play soon.
7.5: JimmyJoe's GF- Nice meeting you.
7: JNatty- Eh yo! I know we didn't play at all but it seems like you've gotten a lot better! Good ****! It was nice seeing you again. You and Yobo should stop by and play smash again soon.
9: KoRoBeNiKi- Lol this guy. You're so funny man. It's a lot of fun to play you. Lol we make fun of falcon dittos so much. That match up is crazy lol. I'm still amazed that you Z cancel with R. It was nice seeing you. Good games.
9: Chain-Ace- Dude you're the man. Thanks so much for putting this thing together. Next time take a break from TOing and play some FRENDLIES. :upsidedown: This tournament ran super smoothly. Nice dude. It was nice seeing you again.
9: cobr_evolution- Good **** in your games VS The Greginator! (Not sure if it's The Greginator or just Greginator lol) I wish we would have played, your samus seems like it's gotten a LOT better. It was nice seeing you again.
9: lawnmo- Sorry for using kirby against you lol. Your pika is SOLID. I was not expecting that. Going random stage was FUN i just wish we would have gotten a more random stage.. lol hyrule wtf. Good games man. It was nice seeing you!
13: SmashJesus- Lol dude i had so much playing you. You have a really solid samus. I was really impressed. Our second game was too fun. It was nice meeting you, you seem like a pretty chill dude. Good Games.
13: yobolight- Lol you got a pretty rough bracket. :joyful: I know we didn't play but it looks like you've gotten a lot better. It was nice seeing you. I look forward to seeing how good you and JNatural are the next time we play.
13: skyfire- Sup punk. It sucks that you left the remotes at Bagel Boys. Oh well. Sucks to suck. :estatic: Get em next time. You should have shot A-Rod! DOUCE BAG. #barbswarmjustice
13: Maliki- lol sup i feel like we didn't talk the whole tourney. like sup. Cashmuhphuckinbah. like sup. Seya soon. like sup. This was pretty awful shoutout lol my bad. like sup.
17: hotdiggitydog- Lol such a good gamer tag. I like it so much better than Zach, the Yoshi main from Yestercades/jimmyjoe's friend. It was nice seeing you. Let's get some friendlies in next time!
I'll be done with school mid-may. Let's all get together and play again this summer!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
@Koro: Hotdiggitydog was probably the yoshi. Red haired kid, played green yoshi.
Why yes, that is right. But I almost only played his Ness. Wat

Also, we should have low tiers next time, way too many people good at the low/bottom tier (Samus, Ness's and Yoshi's oh my.)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
1: Sensei - good seeing you. me and jimmyjoe had the honor of commentating on the sensei cam. gj on first!
2: KeroKeroppi - this kid. you're getting better by the day. we didn't play at all though. i think i play better when you sit behind me...so start doing that more! but i figure we'll go ham at zenith/over the summer.
3: Greginator - straight up, our set was the most heart racing set i've ever played in tournament. you've got a damn good pikachu and i had a crazy good time playing it. once i'm out of school i look forward to playing you online. you gotta get more colorful on commentary though!
4: Stranded - we didn't play cuz you had no controller, but i foresee you working extra hard between now and zenith to go for that first place spot. keep at it.
5: Nintendude - it was great seeing you, and i had a damn good time playing you. you took me apart. i'm gonna learn that nintendude DI one day.
5: Shade - we had some pretty fun falcon ditto friendlies. i really wanted to get some apex revenge ;) but alas, i couldn't.
7: JimmyJoe - stay fly
7: JNatty - i was not expecting you to be as good as you were. that last game was intense - i swear if i were facing the opposite way my dair would've had priority over that fsmash! still, great games. put your start button back in, though. LEARN TO DI WITHOUT HITTING THE DAMN THING
9: KoRoBeNiKi - you've got a nifty yoshi and i still dunno how the hell you can control the stick like you do. we had a game or two though, was fun.
9: Chain-Ace - thanks for the lift and organizing this and all the recording and ****. you're the man!
9: cobr_evolution - swag king kong
9: weedwack - your set vs koro was wild. thanks for commentating my match and being around to play all the time.
13: SmashJesus - you've got a good samus BROTHA. i really want to do that B cancel thingy, it was neat.
13: yobolight - we didn't play but i look forward to doing so at zenith.
13: skyfire - i know your real name. everytime we were supposed to play a tourney match kicked us out. womp. soon.
13: Maliki - why did i not play any of the ny kids? what the ****
17: hotdiggitydog - don't think i spoke to you

i watched my matches last night and i really want to thank everyone who did commentary. greg had a lot of helpful statements, mike too, and i'm gonna probably write them all down and see where i can improve in the next month and a half.
great games all, hope to see you at zenith...

OR SOONER

Top Bottom