• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Blue instant death glitch w/vid

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Interesting...
but it shouldn't need to be banned unless that happens more frequently.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Sorry but i had to laugh at that.
I don't have a camera so I cant youtube a video but I've gotten myself stuck inside one of the cars before, was weird but didn't really effect gameplay, i could jump right out of it.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
It kinda looks like you were shielding and got pushed off the edge of the car and landed on the road. Except it skipped you landing on the ground and stuff. Huh. Different. Kinda funny.

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
I have a feelin this may be very much similar to the glitches seen both in Super Mario 64 and the 3D Grand Theft Auto games (like GTAIII for example) where you get "pushed" through an object and instantly end up in another location. It looked very much like one of those.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Just to clarify it was my brother playing TL and me playing Ness, but it doesn't really matter. We played on Big Blue again later but it didn't happen, although we didn't try to recreate it. I like Big Blue a lot too =/

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Just to clarify it was my brother playing TL and me playing Ness, but it doesn't really matter. We played on Big Blue again later but it didn't happen, although we didn't try to recreate it. I like Big Blue a lot too =/
Indeed, and no matter what you think of the stage itself, you have to agree that the music is epic win.

S2

Smash Lord
The stage is already probably going to be banned and isn't allowed in most tournament's "house rules" anyways.

This probably just cements the fact that in Brawl its probably going to get an officially endorsed ban.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
As much as I doubt that stage will be used in most tournies, is there any proof that this has anything to do with the stage? As in, has it happened any other time? If it's a one-time thing, for all we know it's a Toon Link glitch. :(

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
lawl

Judging from the animation. it looks like TLink was crushed between two solid objects, which results in instant death. So it's not really a glitch.

I THINK.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
lawl

Judging from the animation. it looks like TLink was crushed between two solid objects, which results in instant death. So it's not really a glitch.

I THINK.
I thought the same exact thing, because if you look at Subspace and you get crushed by some obsticle and you lose a life! So that probly what happened

SebastianTH

Smash Rookie
lol funny. I love big blue! OH! Special Brawl, Sonic with bunny ears, on Big Blue. He can run as fast as the machines. Prolly know that, but it's fun lol

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Its ok because Big Blue is already banned and is the worst stage known to man.
Just because it doesn't suit your play style doesn't mean nobody else likes it

I love it for the fact you're fighting on the back of F-Zero fliers going 1000s of MPH. Everything has extremely high risk, extremely high hazard, just like F-Zero. Solid Snake choking out Pikachu on the back of a speeding car going through a loop.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well Toon Link fell off car 13 and 13 is an unlucky number so from now on when you play that stage, avoid car 13.

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
hasn't big blue been banned since melee? So why would it matter if it continues to remain the same relatively as in Melee or in fact, even worse? I say ban.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link was shielding, Ness hit him the, knockback knocked him off the edge of the f-zero car and onto the road

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
Lol thats ********.

But yes BB is one of my favorite stages- partly because of music but mainly because of the challenge.

Top Bottom