• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Brother: DGames Edition: Sold2 Evicted! HoH 8pm EST!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@MOD: If the jury is going to consist of 7 people, with 2 finalist, then you would need to wait until the top 9 before you start adding people to the jury.

Also can we get an update on HoH?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The HoH will be suspended till after Labor Day weekend because other people have let me know that this weekend would be inconvenient for a majority of the players.

Also I did mistake, we need a top 9, so we are almost to the jury!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'd like to revive this. If there's any interest left in running a big brother game here then I wouldn't mind hosting one. I'll use a slightly different format but one that remains competitive. What are people thinking?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Guys I was a part of this really cool game. Too bad it died after I replaced out...

#BigBrother2k12 #RIP

Swiss

Smash Lord
This game is oficially over.

Cool.

I think we should all just write down our plans, allies etc etc who we REALLY were allied with, who we wanted dead.

Will post my full game strat after work or at lunch. Can we please be honest and not go "oh yeah but secretly I did think you were backstabbing me" if you didn't really think it.

Don't want to see what we see after too many mafia games "Yeah I had the scumteam pegged"...ALONG WITH 3 TOWNIES PEGGED AS SCUM AND UNCERTAINTY.

Safe.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
i planned to just ride out out solo, then Swiss / Kata / xona came forward and tried to make me a ally, i agreed. Basically my plan was to win the later game HoH's in order to secure not being booted when it mattered as oppose to early game.

#HBC | Dancer

From what I can remember.

Alliance:

Tanny
Joey
Vinyl
Loli

Allies not within my alliance:

Kat
Tricky

Allies who I "backstabbed:"

Xonar
Gheb

Primary targets who I wanted dead:

Ryker

Secondary targets who I wanted dead:

Soup
Badwolf
Swiss
Rake ( I think, but I'm not sure)

Description of in-game events:

As of the start of the game, I didn't have any plan at all. I more or less planned to just stay under the radar, where my only real goal in mind was to make it to the jury. This quickly changed though when Xonar approached me, offering me an alliance. He told me that he wanted an alliance of "just the two of us" to make it until endgame. I accepted, but suggested that we add more people to our alliance, since there was no way that a two man alliance could win.

Shortly thereafter he introduced me to the alliance that I was in for the rest of the game, and then it all just took off from there.

#15:

Gheb actually approached me on facebook after the first HoH. He wanted to start a non-aggression pact with me. We had a nice long conversation and, funnily enough, I was feeding the entire thing to Xonar over skype. I imagine that the conversation must have looked janky as hell to Gheb, because I was replying with everything that Xonar told me to reply with. The conversation, as a whole was pretty messy, as what I said contradicted what Xonar wanted me to say.

Also, at some point Xonar wanted to start a fake alliance between me, him, Gheb, and I think Swiss and Kat. I don't really remember why, or what happened to it, but the whole thing kinda fell through pretty quickly for one reason or another.

In the end, I voted Gheb, only because Xonar told me to. As Xonar put it, Gheb "couldn't be trusted," and that he was "useless" (he didn't have any valuable information to use, plus he wasn't in an alliance with anyone else). Plus, the rest of my alliance was down with getting rid of Gheb to. Which is a shame to me, as Gheb probably would of been good to have on my jury. However, keeping things tight with my allegiance was much more important, and plus I'll take them on my jury any day over someone who only wanted a non-aggression pact with me.

I don't know why most other people also wanted Gheb dead, so I'll like to hear what other people were thinking. Originally, I thought that Gheb was just too open, too straight-forward, of a player. Knowing what I know now though, I wouldn't be surprised if Xonar's persuasion of other players had a large part to do with it.

I was ****ing blown away when Tanny put Xonar up for eviction. At the time, I was super tight with xonar, and I thought that Xonar was pretty solid with our alliance as well. It didn't help that Tanny was v/la at the time, and that Xonar was talking to me in private about plans to backstab Tanny.

I can't remember why exactly Xonar wanted Tanny dead, but I believe he said that Tanny was in another alliance. I don't know if Tanny was actually in another alliance. At a time I did believe that she was talking to other players outside of our alliance (one of them being Badwolf), but later Tanny wanted Badwolf dead, so meh. In retrospect, Xonar just probably didn't have any influence over Tanny or these other players, which he didn't like.

When Tanny did finally come back from her v/la in the eleventh hour, we talked things over. According to Tanny, Xonar was in multiple alliances, and could not be trusted. My initial thought was that Xonar was just "gathering intelligence." I was very reluctant to vote Xonar, but Joey was also behind getting rid of Xonar, and I really wanted to keep my alliance together. Not only this, but Loli was also very reluctant to vote out Xonar. At the time, our alliance was looking pretty week, with our division on the issue of what to do with Xonar, Xonar's possible eviction, and Vinly's self-eviction. This was bad for me, because I REALLY wanted to keep our numbers strong.

After talking to Joey (who was supposedly fed the information by an anonymous source [who I'm guessing to be Swiss purely off a hunch]) I ultimately decided to, with great reluctance, vote Xonar. I was pretty indecisive about the decision as a whole, but in the end Joey's words convinced me. I would learn soon to have not regretted my decision.

I actually thought that, at the time of voting, Xonar was unanimously going to be voted out (another reason for why I voted against Xonar). This was because I believed, due to faulty information that Xonar fed me, that Kat/Swiss/Ryker/Soup/Rake/Stew and in general a **** load of people were all on an alliance, and were going to vote out Xonar. At a time, I believed that the game was me/Vinyl/Joey/Tanny/Loli/Xonar with Badwolf and Tricky as middle players vs. the above mentioned people. I now think that I was terribly wrong about this, that other alliances were probably as broken up as we were after Xonar's eviction. I can't say for sure though, so I would once again like to hear some other thoughts on this.

So it was much to my surprise after the vote (in which I know that me, Loli, and Joey all voted against Xonar) that the vote was dead even, at four votes to four. So, after this, I approached Kat in hopes that he would have some information, and boy did he!

We weren't able to find out who voted who exactly, but from Kat, I learned that:

-He was mostly an isolated player, with only some relations to Swiss.
-Swiss voted agaisnt Kat.
-Xonar made a very useful chart of who approached who (to his knowledge), who was in an alliance with who (to his knowledge) , and who he had relations with.

This chart basically dispelled the myth that there was any "super alliances," plus it TOTALLY justified my vote on Xonar. Like, I specifically asked Xonar after Tanny put him up for eviction if he had been communicating with anyone else at the time (I suspected that he did, but I didn't want to incriminate him with this information, I wanted to see if I could use it to smooth things out between him and Tanny. Remember, I originally DIDN'T want Xonar evicted). He told me that he didn't, but from that chart I learned that that was a bold face lie. He was communicating with Ryker and Kat, and I'm sorry Xonar but as an ally that's some information that I really would have liked to know.

#11:

There's not really too much to say here. The eviction was up between Tricky (who my alliance had a nonaggression pact with) and Stew (not a particularly large threat, but a wild card nevertheless).

At the time, Tanny REALLY wanted Ryker and Swiss dead, so she toyed around with the idea of getting rid of tricky, as a way of "getting" at Ryker, since Ryker put Stew up for eviction. However, I thought that this plan was kinda week, and I didn't want to lose anymore potential allies (at this point in time, Tanny and Loli were the only people left in my alliance), so I steered us away from that line of thinking. In the end, we went the obvious choice of Stew, and just like I predicted (although it was a surprisingly close vote) Stew was evicted. Easy.

Future targets:

Ay entire alliance thought that Ryker had a considerable amount of influence after Stew's eviction, so he became our prime target. Plus, we knew that he was going to threaten Tanny as long as he remained in the game, and that just wouldn't do. I especially wanted Ryker gone, because Tanny was a key player to me. She was good at the challenges, and I knew that as long as I had her on my side, I wouldn't have to worry about winning the HoH too much.

On top of that, we were paranoid that Badwolf was in another alliance, because of his refusal to join ours. Also, I believe Loli said something about him being in another alliance (although I'm not positive on that), so he became a secondary target. Also, according to Xonar's chart, Soup wanted to align himself with Ryker, and for reasons I cannot recall I also believed that Rake was alined with Ryker, so those two also became secondary targets.

Tanny really wanted Swiss dead. I don't remember why, but she and him had bad relations with one another. Tis was a shame, because this kept Kat from accepting our invention into our alliance, as he wanted to remain true to Swiss.

Personally, I wish the two set their differences aside, because I would have liked to recruit BOTH Swiss and Kat if possible. However, I held my tongue on this, and now I acknowledge that there might be more to it than I realized.

---

One last thing to mention was that near the end of the game, we were about to recruit Tricky for the sake of having stronger numbers. She approached me first, and I was straight forward with her. She replied cautiously, but after some probing, I found out that she only considered herself in an alliance with Tanny and Loli, so recruiting her would have been easy. However, before that happened, the game fell through, and that was that.

Boy, that took me over 90 minutes to write up. I guess there are worse ways to spend one's mourning though.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'll talk about everything later today. Although you were probably in a good place to have me as a secondary target. Oh God the backstabbing that would have occured if this game had continued. I would have probably lost friends. XD Sorry if you were one of the people I was planning on evicting, as they say it's all business.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wow kat good **** >: (

also, Tanny heard from Joey. But Joey heard wrong. It was pretty weird. Anyway, I deserved the loss. Didn't keep up with the game when I had a very time intensive strategy going.

also sword, no idea why you still voted me. If you saw the chart, then surely you knew that I was willing to bring you to end-game with me. Same for Joey. Ohwell.

#HBC | Dancer

wow kat good **** >: (

also, Tanny heard from Joey. But Joey heard wrong. It was pretty weird. Anyway, I deserved the loss. Didn't keep up with the game when I had a very time intensive strategy going.

also sword, no idea why you still voted me. If you saw the chart, then surely you knew that I was willing to bring you to end-game with me. Same for Joey. Ohwell.
Remember, I saw the chart after you were evicted. The chart had nothing to do with my decision to vote for you.

I had a pretty good idea that you were on my side, but I couldn't of been sure. After all Xonar, you would be one to backstab if you needed to.

Plus, I didn't want to betray Tanny or Joey. You can say that you were willing to take Joey to endgame, but his loyalty to Tanny was unwavering.

Also, I know that Joey is the one that told Tanny. The reason I talked to Joey personally was because Tanny directed me to him.

Can you explain what was going on, from your pov?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh god.

I started this game off with a few PMs in my inbox. Gheb, Swiss and Joey. Joey offered me a mega alliance, Gheb wanted to test some waters and Swiss wanted an alliance too. Soon after I pretty much rejected Gheb after discovering who he wants in the jury, allowing me to judge his targets and how important he is for me. With Joey and Loli I formed an alliance which grew quite quickly. I added you (sword) to it, however I kept closer with you than with the rest. Besides this, there was me and Swiss. There was some stuff that included Ryker and overall I decided to just trust Swiss for god knows why. I try to get some communication with Kat soon after which succeeded. Uhm...

I just tried to be friendly enough to everyone. Tricky, Badwolf, Vinyl, Rake. Etc. I talked with Stew regularly but he was mr paranoid all the time. Heh. Ohwell. I forgot most, tbh. It was quite complicated.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I planned to backstab Ryker later on and tried to get a partner to fall back on, otherwise I was just going to try and power my way through by winning games. I wanted Tricky/Joey gone most of the time. I agreed to Ryker because I know he's a player that can get useful information to me.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I got this.

So D1.
Loli and I started talking about theats and created an alliance right off. I was also contacted by Swiss, which to a miscommunication error probably due to my ****ty internet was cut off until D2. Xonar also contacted me which I had found odd, especially because he didn't respond after I had sent him back a message and the fact that he was very reserved when I had asked him about who he was voting. I also talked to Tricky after she and Gheb were nominated and made another alliance with her. After Gheb was evicted everything got very interesting.

D2.
I had a very long conversation with Swiss in which we shared info and created a strong alliance. We had created plans to take out Ryker and Soup. At that point they were the greatest threats and we figured that we could ally their left behind people. At this point Swiss and I had over half the game allied with us. We were basically untouchable, which was to our liking. We started putting up ideas within our alliances that Ryker and Soup were dangerous and needed to be gone quickly. Eventually Kat and Xonar were put up and I had tried to keep Xonar in because of the previous message. I was hoping that we could recruit Xonar and possibly use him as a mole for info on the other players because of what I'd heard from Loli. Unfortuneatly for my plan and possilbly some of Swiss's info gathering Xonar was evicted.

D3.
I talked to Sold. He blatenly refused my offer of an alliance. Talked to Loli again about priorities and found that Ryker wasn't as powerful as Swiss or I had previously imagined. The fact that he hadn't even talked to Loli after their first conversation establishing an alliance was somewhat... suspicious. However, we put it off and settled for a higher goal. Tandora. She was on our hit list because of the higher numbers of competitions and the fact that she might have been in an alliance with Ryker. I convinced Loli to vote Tan with me, while also telling her that Swiss wasn't a problem. After the first competition I was extremely surprised that Ryker had put Tandora up for eviction and after another conversation with Loli had convinced her to tell others to vote her out as well. Unfortuneatly, again, Tan was able to win the competition and get herself out of the nominations. I was very disappointed when that had happened because of the possibility of taking Tan out as a more powerful player of the game.

Ask any questions that I may not have covered.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I knew that he was allied with you but not Kat. It wasn't athat big of a problem that he was allied with Kat. As long as he didn't get me evicted I was alright with it.

#HBC | Dancer

D3.
I talked to Sold. He blatenly refused my offer of an alliance. Talked to Loli again about priorities and found that Ryker wasn't as powerful as Swiss or I had previously imagined. The fact that he hadn't even talked to Loli after their first conversation establishing an alliance was somewhat... suspicious. However, we put it off and settled for a higher goal. Tandora. She was on our hit list because of the higher numbers of competitions and the fact that she might have been in an alliance with Ryker. I convinced Loli to vote Tan with me, while also telling her that Swiss wasn't a problem. After the first competition I was extremely surprised that Ryker had put Tandora up for eviction and after another conversation with Loli had convinced her to tell others to vote her out as well. Unfortuneatly, again, Tan was able to win the competition and get herself out of the nominations. I was very disappointed when that had happened because of the possibility of taking Tan out as a more powerful player of the game.

Ask any questions that I may not have covered.
Ah, yes, you sparked my memory with this paragraph somewhat.

I do remember that loli said in our alliance skype room that you wanted Tanny dead. This was also a pretty big reason why me, loli, and Tanny were targeting you.

Also, it's kinda funny that you guys mistakenly thought Ryker as a big threat, because it was another (albeit minor) reason why I ultimately didn't like Ryker. Kat told me, at one point in the game, that Swiss was just trying to imitate Ryker. My interpretation to this (which I told my alliance) was that this meant that Ryker had "more power than we thought."

@Xonar: I see.

Also, I want to know, just who fed Joey that information? How did he "hear it wrong?"

Other questions that I'll like answered:

-Why did Soup want Gheb dead? Why did most people vote for him?
-Who voted for Xonar and why? Who voted against Kat and why?
-Same question as above but for Stew.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Most people who apparently wanted me off early were the ones that would've benefited the most from having me in the jury. Most people didn't seem to have a decent long-term plan from what I've seen.

:059:

Top Bottom