• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big surprise tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I will refrain from getting myself hyped up just in case this is something really silly again but if this has anything to do with Professor Layton my hopes may be restored.

Now where is she? Ah here she is.

"Cross your fingers..."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tbh, I'm starting to worry about all this, but I rather wait til we see some footage, pics, or just evidence of this.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
This is interesting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get a Layton unveil at some point anyway but this might be it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Mac, Geno, Layton and MM were all in, I think I'd **** bricks until I couldn't move. SO much better than Pac Man. Here's hoping for Layton tonight'

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It can't be a surprise if he just told us there'd be one.

I don't think it's a character but I'd love to be proven wrong.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I think my favorite surprise update would be reverting air dodge back to its Melee variant, L-canceling, and more hitstun.

As for characters: Ridley of course.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't disapprove. In fact, I'm hyped.

I've never played his games more than a few minutes, but this will be another interesting addition. Sakurai just keeps adding things that piques my curiosity and that is good.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that's why I said be calm.... Like Pit in a hot spring (with Palutena... yea, I know you're coming for that). Besides, wait til we see the stuff before we go crazy. I know we all wanna see more newcomers, and even veterans be shown, but I mean I am as hyped up and curious as the next person, but patience is a virtue after all. So let's channel our energy and relax.

Once we see the proof, footage, pics, or w/e it is for real, then we can all freak out.

Groose

Smash Champion
Dang. I'm not actively campaigning for Layton to be in Smash, but I'd still be very satisfied if he made it in.

If it "a big surprise" and an "announcment," how does it not contain any new information? My guess is they brought him in to do something.

number90901

Smash Rookie
"I've got something really exciting to announce, related to Smash Bros."
"Unfortunately, it's something no one will care about."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dang. I'm not actively campaigning for Layton to be in Smash, but I'd still be very satisfied if he made it in.

If it "a big surprise" and an "announcment," how does it not contain any new information? My guess is they brought him in to do something.
I mean it would technically be a big surprising announcement if he tweets that he hates the game with the passion of 1000 Villagers.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
"That said, it has to do with something that people have been asking me to do for as long as I've been tweeting."
What could it be?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope that old 2009 article is true because I will donate $3,000,000 Toasterbrains Cash to my favorite charity if Geno gets in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom