• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest Grind Fest You've Ever Done in a Video Game

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^^ In Dark Cloud I had everyone's ultimate weapons, though not all the way maxed.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I got an s-parts ver. 2.01 on like my first run through mines in PSO... and a magic rock: irista off of a hildetorr while trying to farm for a god battle...

Original runescape was where it was at. Oh how I reminisce about cutting logs

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I guess, though it's not really hard, just mind numbing tbqh. Not to mention Nexon steals your money via donations.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Definitely in FF7 when I wanted to get the full set of master materias for every character.

Mastering Knights of the Round and X2 cut 6 times was painful.

Hours and hours of looking for movers in the northern crater with triple AP weapons :(

I had the game finished within 16 hours, my materia quest ended around the 130 mark.
Sounds like me.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Saving up bolts to get the RYNO in Ratchet and Clank. I would kill enemies, leave the planet then head right back to kill the same enemies. This took me a week cause I was 9 and didn't know about the bolt multiplier...

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun 2, leveling my characters all the way to 99
I actually ended up doing this... took me godly amount of hours, and idk how much lost social interaction X3

but either that.... or when i tried lvling my main party in Chrono Trigger up to lvl 99 on my first play through before fighting Lavos (not realizing that the game had New Game +)

tko112

Smash Lord
one of my grind fests happened in Star Ocean 2: The Second Story in the Field of Courage

but that was mostly because the boss in that Field is a beyotch to beat

rhan

Smash Hero
My mind went to a naughty place when I read the first half of the title...

But yeah Disgaea 1/2. The final battles are PAIIINS!

Pi

Smash Hero
in ff8 for ps2 when you first get seipher(sp?) in your party at island place w/ the spider chase and the big wasp boss, part of a 'get the most powerful character' guide suggests you level up your GF's to 99 here with seifer, so i did that i'm pretty sure that was around 5+ hours or so minimum, i know gameplay was around 10hrs but that was including everything before that which isn't much, idk, but yea i did that like twice cause i messed up or forgot what i was doing or something

apart from that...i played dokapon kingdom for like 36 hours once, we didn't beat it that night but another night we did, also did maple for like 33hrs or something, but do not talk about maple

aion grind was BS but i did that for a while..

illutia grind is pretty stupid too http://www.illutia.com/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maple is worse. I grinded Samurai on FFXI from 12-75 in two weeks... Before Wotg expansion. (too bad no one knows how bad that is)

RATED

Smash Lord
Golden Sun ( the first one) I got to max level, Golden sun 2 the same max level, golden sun dark dawn max level( pretty easy IMO in this game, thanks to the tuaparang soldiers)

Pokemon HG : In the whole "journey" you know b4 you pass the elite 4 and stuff. I caught every pokemon possible on my way and trained it to the same level that my party were, so literally all the boxes and every pokemon I had was on the level of my party. It took me a LOT.

After that I started breeding and catching pokemon, etc. Sad thing about the story.... it got stolen somewhere. Saddest moment ever in videogames for me.

KH 2: I got level 99, every weapon possible, max level on the forms, etc.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
omg so much time on my chao garden in Sonic Adventure 2 battle. sickening. besides that reaching what is now level 76 in GOW2 online has taken me about 17 days....

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Used to play Maplestory, that's all you did in that game.

Top Bottom