• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest What-ifs in tournament history

King5280

Smash Journeyman
you have no idea how close this was to being reality

it still bothers me to this day that I didn't CP set 2

I just had full momentum with jigglypuff

I think i need therapy or something to get it out of my head

like the feeling that I may never get that chance again

bleh
you had just won a set with jiggs. there was no reason not to believe that you could do it again. dont even stress about it.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
you have no idea how close this was to being reality

it still bothers me to this day that I didn't CP set 2

I just had full momentum with jigglypuff

I think i need therapy or something to get it out of my head

like the feeling that I may never get that chance again

bleh

I'm sure if you think of the reasons why you didn't counterpick in the first place, it'll outweigh the negatives of not doing it. That should be some comfort at least, and it should be a tell that you wouldn't do anything different the next time either. (Unless you specifically prepared for it)

If I can ask you Hungrybox, what changed since Genesis 2 in your play? You came from getting 3-0'd to 3-1'ing Mango, and from the few videos I saw of friendlies, you had both PP and Mango's number. Anything specific?

And you think you would've beaten PP had you faced him in tourney?

Sorry this probably isn't the best place to ask, but whateeeever.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I wonder what would happen if M2k didn't lose his controller at Apex 2012.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
What if **** characters were more balanced. How kirbies neutral b would have so much interesting effects in matchups, if bowser was a competitive character with the killer oos options. This game is amazing as it already is....that would just implode the universe I think

flipboi0787

Smash Cadet
In a perfect melee world we'd be closer to this metagame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_PLK7XTCw

But seriously what if isai tried in that exhibition game and played like he use to?

What if isai liked melee more than 64?

What if tas was not possible to have tech skill junkies strive to be tech skill perfection?

Spyro

Smash Ace
What if Gimpyfish made it out of pools at Apex 2012?
What if Dr. peepee vs Javi was grand finals at Apex 2012 (that would have been awesome)?
What if Axe won a national tournament only using Pikachu?

TL?

Smash Ace
What if the best characters were campy or floaty? For example, instead of the metagame being fast fallers + jiggs and marth, what if top tier was something like jiggs, kirby, young link, and luigi?

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
lmao what if jiggs wasn't one of the best characters and the best player in the world didn't have to go young link to beat her.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
What if M2K beat Armada at Pound 4?
What if Taj won Genesis 2??
What is Falcon didnt have the Knee??
What if Pichu REALLY was secretly the best character in Melee?
What if Sakurai never made mele-*gets shot*

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
what if all the FC:D matches were never lost forever? (e.g. mew2king's best tournament ever, taj's best tournament ever)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
what if all the FC:D matches were never lost forever? (e.g. mew2king's best tournament ever, taj's best tournament ever)
Still so disappointed with MLG over this. :( We asked for a long time afterwards to get them back, and finally it was like, "um, we lost them. we think."

:/

Oh wellz.

Acryte

Smash Ace
He would have weak hit into an upair, come on bro you know that shiz

:phone:

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
What if all characters were equally viable?
Fox and Falco would still be insanely popular.
Kirby would've been popular since he was so great in 64.
Everyone who played Link from the beginning would still be Link, so he'd be quite popular.
I have a feeling Mewtwo would be the most picked Pokemon in the game.

If anything, someone like Bowser or Mario would be the most underplayed character.

--

What if items never existed and there was only Stock w/ Time-out?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
What if ken moved on to brawl?

He did. He talked about revolutionising Marth, went to one tournament (EVO, IIRC), and lost to a ROB. Then he did the whole noone's-on-my-level-there's-no-challenge crap and quit.

There' s a direct correlation between how long you reign in Smash and how much of a tool you are. I call it the Mango theorem. Armada remains an excluded outlier.

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
He did. He talked about revolutionising Marth, went to one tournament (EVO, IIRC), and lost to a ROB. Then he did the whole noone's-on-my-level-there's-no-challenge crap and quit.

There' s a direct correlation between how long you reign in Smash and how much of a tool you are. I call it the Mango theorem. Armada remains an excluded outlier.
I somewhat disagree, Hbox and PP are some of the coolest guys ever, but I guess they never QUITE reigned... I guess.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Mango.....lovage their playstyle would become the only way to play

um well i think i learned something today thanks guess i will learn to not camp with fox and play better not miss L cancels to get chain grabbed by a marth :(

what if i had more people to practice with?

Top Bottom