• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bino's Samus

The Bino

Smash Lord
Since everyone seems to be adding vids of themselves up and showing their skill lol i guess i can add a few of my Samus vids up in here with all of you to enjoy (hopefully)

Samus v Falcon FoD
Samus v Mario BF
Samus v Mario FD
Samus v Mario DL
Samus v Mario YS

Personally I think the best match was on DL cuz it was amazing for both of us lol Coin agrees lol

Also you will notice that i like to SD from time to time lol

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I didnt have time to watch them all, but the one thing I noticed was that you dropped on your opponent with neutral air *far* too often. Its good to use, but when you use the same thing 50 times in a match, it becomes very obvious. Try experimenting with your other aerials more.

By the way, I really liked the walljump->missile in the fourth match (round 1 minute mark). That was sexy. :D

Corigames

Smash Hero
video 1:

What was with Falcon. Seriously, were you playing around with this guy, or did he just pick up falcon?

video 2:

Why don't you use the f-tilt... at all? On mario, it is almost the "I win button." It's fast, bit of priority, and is a pretty ranged attack. I would say that if you start using that and watch your spacing, you'll do fine in this match from now on.

video 3:

Edgegaurding for you seemed completely absent here. All you did was drop bombs on the edge and waited for him to come back. There were plenty of cases where, had you been edge hogging, he would have died. Other times you could have capitalized on him not sweet spotting (eventhough he did do it very well in that match) with an uptilt or someting. Just try some different things out when edgegaurding.

video 4:

When Mario is off the edge, try going out to him more an Nair-ing or something. If he gets hit at all, it usually means it is over for him. The nair wil also stop his Up B in most cases. Try that.

video 5:

Screw out of shield is amazing, and I haven't seen you use it yet. This mario is completely in your face, and he doesn't grab at all. The thing I would suggest is to put up your shield on his approach and then up B him into something, or just to get him off of you for a sec.

In general, you've got potential. That Mario was good, but what was with the captain falcon? His Falcon was horrible. You need to get a better edgegaurd and a mix up in your recovery. I don't think there was a time when you came back to the stage without using the grapple! Another thing I want to point out is that you over use certain attacks and completely leave out others. Try some new things and you may find you like them!

The Bino

Smash Lord
LOL - Corey, the Falcon match was really bad because he had just picked up Falcon and wanted to test his new found char on my main and once i killed him once and saw him fighting, i didn't really try that hard against him and messed around lol

Also the reason on why i wasn't really edgeguarding that much was because at that time of those matches i was trying to Wavedash to the ledge and then turn around while still in my animation so i don't lose mommentum and grab the ledge... its not hard to do but the timing is what gets you... i was showing Coin how to do it in the BF one and i was trying to do it throughout the entire set... otherwise i can edgeguard rather well

Metroid01 - Me using Nair far too often compared to the other aerials is due to the fact that Nair has great power, range and out prioritizes almost all of Mario's attacks and the hitbox is rather good on both sizes of Samus.... but thanks for pointing it out that i use it too much, at least i don't use Dair that much lol that would be bad

Mars-

Smash Champion
When I vs short little men with stubby arms I usually space as good as I can. But that mario was good.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
on the 5th match:

nice start

i think you kept going for the utilt a little too much heh at around 0:45 - try ftilting instead. i didn't see you ftilt much...

nice job of following after him

between 1:30 and 1:37 i was dying waiting for you to sweep him

and i agree with coreygames.

all i have to say for that match.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
those are some amazing matches except for the 1st one!!!!

i think that was my 2nd day ever trying falcon lol....idk y u put that one up...then again it is funny to watch!!....u should have given a warning like i did in my thread

i think its funny that a lot of people are suggesting ftilt.....like i always told u haha...ftilt is amazing

thanx for the compliments

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol pretty alright, samus is a lot like mine except less spacing more dash atacks and less Ftilts haha, keep up the good work, coin chaser you have a very technical mario by the looks of it, if you wanna learn more and get better i will sugest talking to eggz! his mario is amazing, though in turnament he always dittos my samus for some ******** reson! lol

Top Bottom