• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BIO 2! (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
BIO 2! was a great success. A ton of people came out, and we were finished with main events by about 9 PM. Thanks to everyone who showed up and played, as well as the amazing TO staff that covered me when I made a myriad of mistakes. Also, thanks to Bham and Huntsville for taking our money.

PM Singles (43!!! Entrants)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Keno
$51.60
2nd
George
$25.80
3rd
Mr. Mario
$8.60
4th
The Preacher
5th
Moogle
5th
Saint Rage
7th
Zylo
7th
Justin
9th
Huny Bear
9th
Child Star

Melee Singles (38!! Entrants)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Moogle
$45.60
2nd
Keno
$22.80
3rd
Saint Rage
$7.60
4th
Zylo
5th
George
5th
M&M
7th
Princess Bumble Bee
7th
Jimbo
9th
Flameblade 2
9th
TSM

CREW BATTLE RESULTS:
I lost

"Random" Melee Doubles (18 Teams):

1. Zylo + Moogle
2. Keno + Jimbo
3. Meh + George
4. Mr. Mario + The Preacher
5. Merk + Erich
5. OST9 + 2pac
7. Zen + OctoSr
7. M&M + Kris
9. Sensei Seth + Child Star
9. Zoma + Dr. Dave
9. Nick + Rad_ish
9. Holdin + C9
13. Mr. Awesome + TSM
13. Link + Jeremiah
13. Sack of Puppies + Chongo
13. Hook + MNTZ
17. Dylan + Turtle27
17. Luke Nasty + Creator

I'm still missing some info, so feel free to fill it in/stake your claims/tell me what I need to fix.

Shoutouts:

1 @Merk You deserve all TO props. Without you running the brackets as extensively as you did, the tournament would not have run nearly as smoothly as it did. Keep being awesome.

2: @ Jake The Preacher Jake The Preacher You’re a super nice guy. Also, good job kicking butt in PM and making Tuscaloosa look good. Sorry for the times when I’ve been a jerk.

3: @ moogle moogle Thanks for making the drive down with your crew. Doubles was fun. Sorry that I couldn’t make the Kirby work, but we’ll see next time!

4: @ _Keno_ _Keno_ and @ GeorgeTHPS GeorgeTHPS Thanks for coming down from Birmingham and taking our money.

5: Saint Rage: You’re a super nice guy. Stop knocking me out of tournaments.

6: Jimbo: You’re the best person I’ve ever seen at their first tournament. Thanks for bringing the hype and helping TO here and there.

7: Mister: I don’t even know if you check smashboards, but on the off chance you do, thanks for making Tuscaloosa look good. And thanks for the hype TV.

8: @ Zoma Zoma aka Mr. “I’m going to be winning PM.” We need to hit the lab.

9: @swordzenmaster You brought the hype. You and Jimbo commentating together would be hilarious. Thanks for Toing.

10: @ Flame Blade 2 Flame Blade 2 You’re super positive all the time. I’m really glad that I got to meet you and that you came to the tournament. Can’t wait to play you again.

If I missed anyone, it's not because I don't love you, it's because I'm tired.

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
This tournament was bigger than I expected, but still REALLY well run. The idea of a low entry fee to get new members is also pretty cool, and when smash 4 comes out you guys should definitely do it again!

Perhaps next time have a scheduled food break for 30-45 mins, haha

It was randomly nice seeing moogle and saintrage! Glad I havent lost as much skill as I thought. I felt like did better than ever vs moogle, even though I still lost to him for 2 sets.

I didn't know that Tuscaloosa had a high-level fox, Zylo. Where you learn all that?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was bigger than I expected, but still REALLY well run. The idea of a low entry fee to get new members is also pretty cool, and when smash 4 comes out you guys should definitely do it again!

Perhaps next time have a scheduled food break for 30-45 mins, haha

It was randomly nice seeing moogle and saintrage! Glad I havent lost as much skill as I thought. I felt like did better than ever vs moogle, even though I still lost to him for 2 sets.

I didn't know that Tuscaloosa had a high-level fox, Zylo. Where you learn all that?
Thanks again for coming! We'll be running tournaments once a month, so I hope you can make it out to future events (where we'll definitely have smash 4 and a food break).

Last summer I got some great experience with my buds in Louisiana, and they taught me a lot of neat stuff. I'm still on the up and coming though, so watch out ;)

Last edited:

Child Star

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go ahead and start the hype for BIO 3, I'm calling you out for DK mirror matches
I'll roll friendlies when I see you, or we can knock each other out of BIO 3. DK needs to win BIO 3 either way.

Edit: Hopefully @ moogle moogle will show up, I'd like a rematch against that Pit of his!

Last edited:

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
I -cannot- believe I tied for 9th in melee, especially with all of those entrants! :foxmelee: S I N G L E D I G I T R A N K :sheikmelee:
PM went terribly for me though lol, I got mega-owned after 1 win. :'(

@ Zylo Zylo Thank you for the kind words, it was a a great tournament and your fox was awesome to watch! (You really made me realize how much I need to practice :p)

If only we had a clip of the insane 1 hit zero to death by Jesse in the crew battle. Samus Fox matchup: 100-0 Samus
NOOOOOOOOOO THE MEMORIESSSSSSSS :facepalm:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I -cannot- believe I tied for 9th in melee, especially with all of those entrants! :foxmelee: S I N G L E D I G I T R A N K :sheikmelee:
PM went terribly for me though lol, I got mega-owned after 1 win. :'(

@ Zylo Zylo Thank you for the kind words, it was a a great tournament and your fox was awesome to watch! (You really made me realize how much I need to practice :p)

NOOOOOOOOOO THE MEMORIESSSSSSSS :facepalm:
You'll feel betrayed when I say this, but I like the MEMORIESSSSSSSS :D

Jimb0

Smash Rookie
If only we had a clip of the insane 1 hit zero to death by Jesse in the crew battle. Samus Fox matchup: 100-0 Samus
That 7% KO doh. Seamus, Marine Corps Scout Sniper: 1 hit, 1 kill

Last edited:
Top Bottom