• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bird tier list.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Canaries and finches are in the lunch meat tier? I think you're doing it wrong...

Also, where are my cardinals? Cardinals are awesome, definitely above lunch meat tier.
i could kill canaries and finches with my foot.ill add cardinals

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Pterodactyl is more of a Dino then a bird.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Golden Eagle is the best Eagle.

Since you put the Roc in there, you should put the Phoenix in God Tier too.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Not true! Archaeopteryx was a branch of the first ancestor of birds. Modern birds descended a bit later from that common ancestor. Archaeopteryx has no living descendants today (ie, no modern bird is descended from archaeopteryx). So really it was nature's first attempt at a bird, but not the only attempt.
OK, so I had the "no bird would exist without it" part wrong, but Archeopteryx, as far as we know was the first attempt at birds (as stated). That is all, but there are thought to be different species of Archeopteryx, so modern birds (as far as we know) have descended from these feathered fliers. No other dinosaurs, except Velociraptors, have exhibited any relation to modern birds. I pointed out Velociraptors because they are the only other dinosaurs to be known to have been feathered.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
OK, so I had the "no bird would exist without it" part wrong, but Archeopteryx, as far as we know was the first attempt at birds (as stated). That is all, but there are thought to be different species of Archeopteryx, so modern birds (as far as we know) have descended from these feathered fliers. No other dinosaurs, except Velociraptors, have exhibited any relation to modern birds. I pointed out Velociraptors because they are the only other dinosaurs to be known to have been feathered.
There were different species of archeopteryx, but none of them led to modern birds. Modern birds came from a different branch of the common ancestor altogether.

There were many feathered dinosaurs. S. deserti was a feathered dino that evolved around the same time as velociraptor and was a branch of the lineage of modern birds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuvuuia_deserti
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10440726

Caudipteryx was another feathered dinosaur, though it was not directly related to archeopteryx and was part of an earlier lineage not directly related to modern birds.

Another species, M. omnogovae was also feathered and related to velociraptor.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/070906-dinosaurs-birds.html

The Gigantoraptor, a large dino related to velociraptor, also had feathers.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070613-giant-dinosaur.html

A ton of dinos had feathers (search "Feathered dinosaurs" on Wikipedia). A lot of dinosaurs exhibited relation to modern birds, although you may be saying that velociraptors are the dinosaurs most closely related to modern birds, in which case you'd be (mostly) correctly. Velociraptor is the most closely related known dinosaur. Although no definitive fossils have yet been found, any species from Paraves would be more closely related to modern birds. Both deinonychosauria (which includes velociraptor) and avialae (birds, including modern birds) branched from the hypothetical Paraves.

So it's pretty hard to say anything definitively. Bird evolution, like evolution in general, is a pretty complex subject!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ok, ravens > crows? I can disprove this with fact.

Group of crows = murder.
Group of ravens = unkindness.
Murder > unkindness.

Therefore, crows > ravens.

Now that's what I call science!

Grandeza

Smash Master
Penguins should be at least high/god tier. They are in my opinion by far the coolest birds.

How could you deny such a great animal

zrky

Smash Lol'd
There were different species of archeopteryx, but none of them led to modern birds. Modern birds came from a different branch of the common ancestor altogether.

There were many feathered dinosaurs. S. deserti was a feathered dino that evolved around the same time as velociraptor and was a branch of the lineage of modern birds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuvuuia_deserti
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10440726

Caudipteryx was another feathered dinosaur, though it was not directly related to archeopteryx and was part of an earlier lineage not directly related to modern birds.

Another species, M. omnogovae was also feathered and related to velociraptor.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/070906-dinosaurs-birds.html

The Gigantoraptor, a large dino related to velociraptor, also had feathers.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070613-giant-dinosaur.html

A ton of dinos had feathers (search "Feathered dinosaurs" on Wikipedia). A lot of dinosaurs exhibited relation to modern birds, although you may be saying that velociraptors are the dinosaurs most closely related to modern birds, in which case you'd be (mostly) correctly. Velociraptor is the most closely related known dinosaur. Although no definitive fossils have yet been found, any species from Paraves would be more closely related to modern birds. Both deinonychosauria (which includes velociraptor) and avialae (birds, including modern birds) branched from the hypothetical Paraves.

So it's pretty hard to say anything definitively. Bird evolution, like evolution in general, is a pretty complex subject!
OK, all your statements are given, but i think the original raptor (not the one most people think of from Jurassic Park) evolved before S. deserti. I aggree with lineage being very complex, but someday we will all know the true origin of everything...or so we hope...

turkey, I would recommend changing Archeopteryx's tier to Entrepreneur;)

Archeopteryx = the beginning but not of every bird.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Why is Chicken not the top of the lunch meat tier? I thought everyone loves chicken. ;p ♥

♣ Weird but interesting list. ♥

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Everyone seems to like that baby penguin picture sooooo much. So, I'll go ahead and post this since I made it like, a year ago.

Condors are pretty awesome though. They're so big. ;.;

Scott!

Smash Lord
That's nothing compared with the Helmaroc King! All hail its power to fling toon link across the barren sea!
What we have here is a winner. This is the greatest bird, and must be the topmost tier straightaway. Though it might lose a few points for its weakness to being smacked in the head repeatedly with large blunt objects.........

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
updated to include the wind waker monster.its a bird so i put it on.its number 1.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I'm slightly compulsive about making lists but this is the most peculiar list I have ever seen....Good going, OP

Top Bottom