• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Here you are.

Here:

Scorestreaks:

UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay.

Equipment/Grenades:

Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.

SMGs:

All: increased hip fire recoil.
All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
All: reduced bullet penetration.
MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.

Assault Rifles:

All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.

Sniper Rifles:

All: increased hip fire spread.
All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.

Shotguns:

R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.

Pistols:

B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Well, I'm all done, so whenever is good for you guys is good for me. I'm not working any later than 5:30 this weekend so I'm in good shape to get some good play time in.

We just need to make Matt a Peppy emblem and then we have all of them done.

Challenger approaching:

I've decided I will start playing once my rental of Dishonored is done.

I hope you all understand.

It's a rental.

You know: Rental syndrome.

ALL TIME AND DEVOTION GOES TOWARD RENTAL WHILE YOU HAVE IT DURING 5 DAYS OF RENTAL

buys game

NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Dear Treyarch,

Fix you goddamn ****ing game. Why should I be the one punished for killing a person? Why can't I spawn right behind someone? Why can other people headglitch perfectly yet it doesn't work for me in the same spots? Why can't my supressed weapons kill someone in 2 bullets at long range? Why do only my unsilenced weapons take 6 shots to kill someone at close range? Why do you help out every ****ing bad kid in this game get a kill because of lag etc?

This game is ********. I'm getting ****ed over by too much bs when I shouldn't be.

Also Stefan you're a ***** for not wanting to play in a party of 4. Have fun playing with everyone else when they get on during break because I know I'll be the one left out of parties/multi-teams etc because people don't want to play unles it's with a full party >_>

Edit: inb4allkindsofsalt/reactionpics

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Got fed up with the game. Was getting constantly killed by people right behind me even after I've checked all possible points of entry into certain pathways before entering them. Getting killed by people clipping and couldn't do a thing about them because lines of sights are dumb.

People don't drop when I shoot at them. I'm instantly killed by people when I walk around corners. Nothing makes any damn sense..........

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh, that stuff. I was asking more about if anything happened between you and other members of Team SWF. But if it's just normal CoD rage, it's okay.

Still, sorry to hear about CoD rage. I will be joining you in those feelings soon enough.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is Elite available as a PS3 app for Black Ops 2, or do I just d/l the MW3 Elite app?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Also Stefan you're a ***** for not wanting to play in a party of 4. Have fun playing with everyone else when they get on during break because I know I'll be the one left out of parties/multi-teams etc because people don't want to play unles it's with a full party >_>

Edit: inb4allkindsofsalt/reactionpics
1. I will never play this game with 2 randoms. Just two of them take down a team.
2. Pluvia lives in the UK. Playing with him is almost like asking to get shafted by lag every single game.
3. I'll play multi-team with pretty much anyone. There were 4 people in the party, and multi-team requires 3. 4 > 3

I'll say this once again for emphasis. Playing with randoms in this game is literally self-torture. The game is already frustrating as all hell, which means I don't want to add some window-licking ******* to my team to make it even worse. I don't have fun losing every damn game and getting killed solely because of degenerate teammates. It's not worth my time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Does blops 2 ever try to balance lobbies out via prestige/ranks? For some reason I consistently find myself doing better when I play by myself with randoms and against randoms, but when I play with a party I usually feel like I'm playing against better people. Keep in mind that I don't prestige either.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I'll say this once again for emphasis. Playing with randoms in this game is literally self-torture. The game is already frustrating as all hell, which means I don't want to add some window-licking ******* to my team to make it even worse. I don't have fun losing every damn game and getting killed solely because of degenerate teammates. It's not worth my time.
Bolded for emphasis. Thunder, if we all had infinite amounts of time to play the game, we'd play more. But considering the majority of us are in college and/or have jobs, why would we play a frustrating game, only to lose because of people who just bought their xbox 3 weeks ago? It's not that we're afraid of losing, we just don't want to waste our time.

Also, I love you Thunder. Please don't take the fact that we don't party with you personally. You're way better than most of us. If anything, I should be the one getting left out of parties. Lucky for me, I bribed the **** out of team star fox so I could join lolololol

Does blops 2 ever try to balance lobbies out via prestige/ranks? For some reason I consistently find myself doing better when I play by myself with randoms and against randoms, but when I play with a party I usually feel like I'm playing against better people. Keep in mind that I don't prestige either.
Yep. Parties are pitted against parties in lobbies.

Holy salt, Batman.

It's okay guys.

I love you all.
We love you too. Also, good on you for playing Dishonored. I really want to make a video review of the game. That enough should tell you that I think quite highly of it.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I might play during break.

The only issue is that I have less than two weeks and this game hasn't been kind to me. I'm going to assume that it's because of college internet, which is why I'm willing to give it a try at my home.

I look forward to seeing you all.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
We love you too. Also, good on you for playing Dishonored. I really want to make a video review of the game. That enough should tell you that I think quite highly of it.
I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

I'm just about to wrap up my first mission, and when they threw that optional completion method at me, I'm like...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SteamWhalePunk-DeusEx like gameplay-ish. I've been wanting more of this!

If you haven't played the most recent Deus-Ex, do yourself a favor, and do it. I loved the @#$% out of that game. Probably my GotY from 2011. So good.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I might play during break.

The only issue is that I have less than two weeks and this game hasn't been kind to me. I'm going to assume that it's because of college internet, which is why I'm willing to give it a try at my home.

I look forward to seeing you all.
Let's make sweet, sweet love.

Also, I'm going to need help to complete a challenge. I'm trying to complete the killer challenges for the calling card, not only because it's the coolest one but because barely anyone has it. It's the only set of challenges I've actually tried to complete in any CoD game. Normally I just don't care.

I'm not too worried about the quad feeds one because that happens randomly in normal games and they're not all that difficult to get, but the 8+ chain one is nearly impossible. Basically you have to get 9 chained kills or more, which means 9 kills within 3 seconds of one another. Any more than that and it resets, sort of like halo but shorter.

Trying to think of good ways to do this. Once I have this challenge done, I'll be in the clear. I've been thinking of lobby surfing in GW with a big party of people from SWF in hopes of getting some awful kids who will run into my target finder LMG over and over. :troll: Seems like the only viable option at this point other than nuketown moshpit.

EDIT: Double exp weekend on all platforms. Of course, I work all three days, but till no later than 6. I'll be playing each one of those days with few to no breaks. Last time I got two prestiges in a couple of days.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
EDIT: Double exp weekend on all platforms. Of course, I work all three days, but till no later than 6. I'll be playing each one of those days with few to no breaks. Last time I got two prestiges in a couple of days.
Sweet. Dishonored goes back by the weekend. Perfect timing.

Also, how to do that auto-tune thing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/comments/14gynp/this_might_be_the_funniest_black_ops_2_video_till/

HERE'S HOW TO GET IT TO WORK ON THE XBOX.

Use any auto tune app. He uses the Glee Karaoke one. Get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm headphone jack adapter. Male must be 2.5mm, Female must be 3.5mm

Take a regular auxiliary cable from the headphone jack on your phone, plug it into the adapter, plug the male end of the adapter into your xbox controller.

Now anything that goes out of the headphone jack can be heard over Xbox Live.

Get a headphone splitter as well, so you can hear it, too. Plug the splitter into your phone. Then the auxiliary cable plugs into one of the ends of the splitter then into the adapter then into the controller, and just regular headphones go into the other side of the splitter.

FOR PS3

Get a USB to headphone/microphone adapter. They are fairly cheap on amazon. Plug it into your console. Take an auxiliary cord, plug it into your phone, then into the microphone area of the USB adapter. You can plug headphones into the headphone area.

Make sure to change your Sound settings and Accessory settings. The USB adapter shows up as "Generic USB Device." Be sure to select it as your input and output.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
As always, its first come first serve

unless your falco's BK friend

falco: "i gotta go to bed guys, cya" *dips*
falcos friend: *dips as well*

*falcrow lombardi joins party*

falco: "lol i pretended to leave and appeared offline so hed leave too"

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
As always, its first come first serve

unless your falco's BK friend

falco: "i gotta go to bed guys, cya" *dips*
falcos friend: *dips as well*

*falcrow lombardi joins party*

falco: "lol i pretended to leave and appeared offline so hed leave too"
Hahahahahahaha that was the absolute best troll ever.

Also, here are just a few of my ridiculous deaths from one night not too long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZG2eKw15UM

My favorite is the guy who knifes the air and literally flings his character 5 feet to the side. If you ever wanna know why I hate the knife so much, **** like that is why.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
No johns, the knife is terrible in this game

:phone:
Just.......no.

I actually wrote a wall of text explaining why the knife is stupid and shouldn't even be in the game, but I knew that too many feelings would get hurt if I posted it.

So, instead, I would just like to direct everybody's attention to the video I posted. If you think the knife is bad, then please, try to justify that death I got to the knife in the video. Tell me how it was my fault that I got killed by a "bad" weapon.

I'm excited. Go!

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol if you actually think the knife is remotely close to good then you're a moron. If you're moving at all the knife/any melee weapon will fail to connect (well if it's the ballistic knife then there's a chance of it connecting, but still not good). Treyarch completely screwed up the melee system in this game and you're not satisfied with it yet then IDK what to say. If you think the knife is good then please direct me to all of the people getting 3.0 KDs with it like people are with actual guns like PDW or FAL

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Just.......no.

I actually wrote a wall of text explaining why the knife is stupid and shouldn't even be in the game, but I knew that too many feelings would get hurt if I posted it.

So, instead, I would just like to direct everybody's attention to the video I posted. If you think the knife is bad, then please, try to justify that death I got to the knife in the video. Tell me how it was my fault that I got killed by a "bad" weapon.

I'm excited. Go!
There's a difference between:

Panic knife...

and

Samurai Kamakazi Warrior.

Aka ODIN.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well panic knifing isn't a problem at all it's just either people with better reflexes then you or it's the 1/12 chance that you go at it with the host and lose. Knifing isn't the problem in the game, it's COD not having dedicated servers

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
lol if you actually think the knife is remotely close to good then you're a moron. If you're moving at all the knife/any melee weapon will fail to connect (well if it's the ballistic knife then there's a chance of it connecting, but still not good). Treyarch completely screwed up the melee system in this game and you're not satisfied with it yet then IDK what to say. If you think the knife is good then please direct me to all of the people getting 3.0 KDs with it like people are with actual guns like PDW or FAL
So if I'm moving whatsoever, I should never get killed by any melee weapon except the ballistic knife? I'm certainly willing to test that if you'd like.

How did they screw up the melee system again? You don't even have to spend a point on the knife. Comes with free lunges! Oh, and they actually give you two knives if you don't use a secondary. Only two? Tough life.

Same argument as nubs who snipe. "If it's so good, why don't I drop 500 kills with it?" Because that's not the ****ing point for God's sake. The point is that everything else considered, it isn't balanced in terms of everything else in the game. It's too easy and too accessible. Hell, just having a knife renders the shotguns useless in most CoD games.

Just because I say sniping is OP doesn't mean I expect to drop a million kills with it. The point is that it's stupidly easy to use and hilarious to reward people with 1 shot kills to the foot. It can be a balanced weapon if it has a decent amount of short, random idle sway when you pull up the scope and only 1 shots people if you hit them in the head or torso.

Same goes for the knife. If the knife was a one shot to the back and a 2 shot to the front for a knife to kill, it would work fine. Or if it was just a 2 hit in general with very little cooldown time. The point is that it doesn't work with the way the game currently plays out. You shouldn't win a gunfight with a knife when I'm shooting you with a submachine gun from 5 feet away. It makes no sense and defeats the purpose of me using that type of gun.

well panic knifing isn't a problem at all it's just either people with better reflexes then you or it's the 1/12 chance that you go at it with the host and lose. Knifing isn't the problem in the game, it's COD not having dedicated servers
Stop the reflex ****, please. It has nothing to do with that. If you aren't aware, EVERY SINGLE GAME will have lag. EVERY one. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Doesn't matter if you're host or not, you'll have some amount of lag whether it's a large amount or a very small amount. That's part of what makes it stupid. Knifing through bullets is all thanks to lag, which is completely unavoidable.

That being said, my reflexes in those situations mean nothing. I can 100% guarantee you that no one I play in pubs has better reflexes than I do. Guarantee it. You'd puke if you saw the amount of times I've shot someone and wrongfully died to the knife because none of my bullets connected. Again, that will happen in _every_ game.

What's the problem with the knife being a 2 hit kill with cooldown? I don't get it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So if I'm moving whatsoever, I should never get killed by any melee weapon except the ballistic knife? I'm certainly willing to test that if you'd like.

How did they screw up the melee system again? You don't even have to spend a point on the knife. Comes with free lunges! Oh, and they actually give you two knives if you don't use a secondary. Only two? Tough life.

Same argument as nubs who snipe. "If it's so good, why don't I drop 500 kills with it?" Because that's not the ****ing point for God's sake. The point is that everything else considered, it isn't balanced in terms of everything else in the game. It's too easy and too accessible. Hell, just having a knife renders the shotguns useless in most CoD games.

Just because I say sniping is OP doesn't mean I expect to drop a million kills with it. The point is that it's stupidly easy to use and hilarious to reward people with 1 shot kills to the foot. It can be a balanced weapon if it has a decent amount of short, random idle sway when you pull up the scope and only 1 shots people if you hit them in the head or torso.

Same goes for the knife. If the knife was a one shot to the back and a 2 shot to the front for a knife to kill, it would work fine. Or if it was just a 2 hit in general with very little cooldown time. The point is that it doesn't work with the way the game currently plays out. You shouldn't win a gunfight with a knife when I'm shooting you with a submachine gun from 5 feet away. It makes no sense and defeats the purpose of me using that type of gun.
Obviously I'm exaggerating, the point being made is it dumb trying to knife in this game, it's probably like 3-4 swings average before you actually hit someone with the knife.

What does point spending or amount of knives you get matter? Doesn't change the fact that it's bad. It'd just be nice if knives would actually connect when I'm trying to hit someone

Actually that is the point, when you say "OP" I'm not sure if you know what that actually means but it's an acronym for "overpowered", not "overly easy to use". And what are you talking about the the shotgun nonsense? Shotgun 1 shot kills someone up close 90% of the time...somewhere you have to be to get a knife kill. Yes, I agree quickscoping is too easy for a 1 shot kill in this game, but it's not "OPed" at all, I don't mind playing against 6 people that are running around quickscoping the whole game because it is still bad and it just means I'm about to get an easy win and my KD is going to go up a lot, not something I really mind. It just sucks that they ruined something fun and cool to do like quickscoping that used to actually be challenging back in games like COD4, it's definitely not something that ruins the game.

It's a video game it doesn't have to make sense, if you want stuff to make sense then you probably shouldn't be playing video games in general and lol at "defeats the purpose of using that type of gun". No you probably shouldn't be losing a gun fight like that so maybe you should try putting rapid fire on it or try to aim for the upper body? That might help instead of blaming the game, if he's actually that up close to you to actually hit the knife before you can literally not kill him, then good on him for getting that close to you on the first place. You got outplayed get over it.

I'm not really sure on how else to relate this to anything but smash (brawl), but that's kind of my expertise so I will even though I know most of you guys don't play smash, but Game and Watch is generally considered an easy character to play, not a lot of tech skill involved, uses very basic stuff to get the job done, can be annoying because of his smash attacks are disjointed, lots of shield stun and shield push back, kills very easy, basically hard to punish them with little risk-reward to worry about so they can kind of be thrown out there, but damn is he bad gets countered by so many other things that doesn't make him very viable.

Stop the reflex ****, please. It has nothing to do with that. If you aren't aware, EVERY SINGLE GAME will have lag. EVERY one. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Doesn't matter if you're host or not, you'll have some amount of lag whether it's a large amount or a very small amount. That's part of what makes it stupid. Knifing through bullets is all thanks to lag, which is completely unavoidable.

That being said, my reflexes in those situations mean nothing. I can 100% guarantee you that no one I play in pubs has better reflexes than I do. Guarantee it. You'd puke if you saw the amount of times I've shot someone and wrongfully died to the knife because none of my bullets connected. Again, that will happen in _every_ game.

What's the problem with the knife being a 2 hit kill with cooldown? I don't get it.
Actually, nope you're wrong, reflexes is most of it. Yes, you will always have lag since you are playing an online game, usually it's insignificant enough to ignore (or at least for the better part of the majority of the lobby). I doubt you're losing knife battles just because the other guy has a slightly better internet connection to the host than you, if it's a lot better then sure I can understand that, but not by just a bit. Just suck it up, you lost the reflex better, better luck next time. I mean, maybe you're just getting into lobbies with people from South America every game so IDK.

Oh man, if you are 100% your reflexes are so godly compared to everyone else's, people that you have never met and know nothing about, then damn you're either a psychic or you're in the world record books for fastest reflex's alive, excuse me for not knowing such things /sarcasm.

I was just literally laughing that you can guarantee me you're reflex's are just so much more off the charts than people you have absolutely 0 idea who they are.

I'd probably be puking about how much you're raging over it actually.

Like I said, the only bad thing about knifing is just the fact that there is host advantage in the game, but that affects guns also. A lot of it would just be fixed if they put up dedicated servers since there is no "host advantage". If you're actually getting consistently knifed (ESPECIALLY in this game) by someone in a somewhat decent connection then there is something wrong with the way you're playing, not the game. Just man up and take the fault, no johns. You have NO idea how dumb knifing is on the knifers side in this game if you even think it's remotely too good. I mean, I find knifers annoying too, but I can at least say that I'm getting outplayed if I'm constantly dieing to them. I went for the diamond camo on the special weapons and that requires me going for challenges for both the ballistic knife and the combat knife (and riot shield, I think riot shield meleeing is probably even worse since you have to be able to hit them 2 times and you're going as slow as a turtle). Challenges like getting 5 blood thirsty medals with the combat knife is one of the stupidest things ever and I don't really think you have much credibility in saying how "OP" the knife is in this game until you try going for stuff like that.

edit: and I actually wouldn't mind too much if they made knife 2 hit kill, as long as they put it back so knifing actually worked instead of people going at the speed of crouching dodged knives just because they were moving. Meleeing's hit detection in this game is just too bad, if my knife is sticking in someone's body they should be dead. They literally made the hitbox of the knife like...just the knife. It's a lot worse than any other COD game.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm just going to save every stupid death to the knife I get (every one) and put it all into one nice video to showcase how stupid it is.

Also, I've been playing these games for 4 years now. I laugh hysterically at how bad people in pubs are. I wouldn't be surprised if people off themselves after they're done playing a game with me.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Bought the season pass last night. I was probably going to buy all the map packs anyways and with Nuketown zombies being included I just couldn't resist.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
so is the tac 45 amazing or is it just me

it's literally the only gun i use
It's a 2hk up to an absurd range.

Judging from how Treyarch does things, it probably won't be nerfed...

But the Raging Judge will be... :glare:Even though that's the ****ing gun that NEEDS a buff. Fun fact: It's the only gun capable of a OHK... If it can actually HIT anything...

Also, who the @#$% are you, new guy?

Bought the season pass last night. I was probably going to buy all the map packs anyways and with Nuketown zombies being included I just couldn't resist.
I'm waiting to see if they'll release Nuketown Zombies separetely... Doubtful... But that's all I want. I refuse to give them money until they fix lag.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
What's the raging judge?

I'll probly be buying the mappacks, I bought all of them for blackops and I was thoroughly satisfied

:phone:
executioner

andy is bad
The Raging Judge is the actual name of the

"Executioner".

See, the Raging Judge is a real gun. That shoots shotgun shells.

Why they changed it? I don't frakking know.

Also, fun fact: Illinois just got their *** repealed by the Federal Court that they can't not have concealed carry anymore. :/

No, I will not be packing.

Top Bottom