• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black parents. White baby!?!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Black parents give birth to white baby | The Sun |News

THE stunned black dad of a newborn, WHITE, baby girl declared yesterday — "I'm sure she's my kid ... I just don't know why she's BLONDE."

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"

He added: "Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"

But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."

Advertisement

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."

He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".

He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'

"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.

"But still, what on earth happened here?"

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.

"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."

Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.

"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her.She's a proud British Nigerian."

what is this i dont even

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Okay fair enough, I can believe this.
But still, the father should get a DNA test or something, shouldn't just have blind faith in his wife.

rhan

Smash Hero
That's going to be very awkward when the child has to put black on any application..

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd be a bit suspicious about something this unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a DNA test to determine the parents. (Not saying that this is a coverup, it just seems a little odd, but you never know)

cF=)

Smash Lord
Portuguese explorers began slave trading in Nigeria two hundred years ago, and Britain quickly set foot there too. I'd expect a good load of European genes to have mixed in, albeit not morally, during that time lapse, which makes British Nigerians probable carriers of white genes.

It's just not your everyday jesus on a toast kind of miracle.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Portuguese explorers began slave trading in Nigeria two hundred years ago, and Britain quickly set foot there too. I'd expect a good load of European genes to have mixed in, albeit not morally, during that time lapse, which makes British Nigerians probable carriers of white genes.

It's just not your everyday jesus on a tortilla kind of miracle.
Fixed. It almost always happens to Mexicans to see Jesus on some form of grain.

So maybe God's got some weird, racist sense of humor to give two black parents a white baby.

RATED

Smash Lord
wow that's surprising, if that were to happen for example in Puerto Rico no one would be surprised since Puerto Rico have a mix of races. like there's some really white people and there those really black or some just tanned.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What have i succumb to? x.x
Someone please give me a clear description of what this is even..
Oh, no wait, i've got an answer...

what is this i dont even
All i can say is wowa, first time i've seen/heard of this in my lifetime.
Even my snoopy mother is in awe. lol

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
White skin and blonde hair but yet it still holds its parents facial features?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The poor kid is gonna get bullied so hard at school.

UberMario

Smash Master
Don't black babies look white when they come out? Or do I have bad information?

Edit: btw I think the mom is cheating on him though.
I was thinking that too, but if you look at the image of the parents and the baby and the rest of the family (including her older brother and sister) in the article, you'll notice her hair and skin tones are nearly the opposite of both her parents. If the mother was cheating, the baby would look a little more like her. (Maybe her face is similar but, that's about it)

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i forgot what ethnicity the parents were, but these parents gave birth to asian twins.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
lol. This actually should not be that surprising at all. Did you all know that there have been reported cases of twins being two different colors? One black, one white. Multiple cases at that, too. No cheating involved. It all has to do with melanin (skin pigments). All people are really just different shades of brown because melanin is what gives our skin color, with more melanin meaning darker shades and less melanin meaning lighter shades.

:034:

.Marik

is a social misfit
This is rare, but probable.

We each possess 46 chromosomes, all containing cells with specific alleles which determines the genetic variability and traits of an offspring.

The baby being white was a recessive gene, but it somehow got coded by cellular systems and the particular alleles by both parents being heterozygous for recessive genes.

Still an interesting sight to see, nonetheless.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You people act so shocked. You think white people just dropped out of the sky?

Oh actually yeah you do.

But anyway. it could be the same thing as what happened many years ago to start the caucaisoid race.

Top Bottom