• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blastzone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Why not just attend lol?

Where in West Midlands are you? I got to uni in Worcester.

I'll bring a setup to this obv.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
I live near Dopl, Walsall :3

@MTR nuuu im bored of that game now D': *cough* HR 140 *cough*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay guys, i added walking directions to the venue from the train station/bus station. be sure to check them to make sure you do not get lost!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah i figured, well i made a loss on this, but it was great fun

also shoutouts:

J.miller: What the hell man, i thought this was going to be your tournament, and you delayed your chance at placing in the main event again, anyway, your luigi is **** and it needs to stop powershielding everything i do...for real
Kasper!: Both you and miller need to learn how to get off at the correct coach station, just ruined my planing for friday you two did. anyway well done on coming second, for the record, sue was rooting for you to win
Anaky: Good win once again, you keep going like this and we might start calling you number 1! also thanks for carrying the large tv back home for us
C.R.Z: Congrats on what i think is your first top 3 placing ever! also congratulations of finishing off your nightmare matchup, even if you had to be a ***, just be sure not to give everyone a cold
Teh-Shlurpie: Once again reaching that 5th place for the third time, your nana just needs to learn how to stay put...at least in the kitchen, baby steps lawl
Fuzzy: I'm glad i got to play you, because i got to avenge my match 2010 self, no triple downsmashes for you! also i think my game vs. your d3 was the mnost fun match i had all day, i had to concentrate so hard on not getting grabbed. and well played to your lvl 9 ganon for winning you the doubles
MTR: my man we have had far too many money matches...or not actually, i tend i end up coming out with extra money XD anyway our commentary is blocked out my the sound of the tv, but still, its 1-1, it needs a 2-1 to me added ^.^
Ryuken: I really aprreciate you coming along to this despite the distance, youre just about the only person for the north west who still plays and its good to see your technical sonic dancing about
Norwich guys: i never realised we had players that lived so close, if you see this please try to keep in touch with me, you were all much better than i expected
Prof pro: pure trollish goodness as always, with a bit of luck youll be first seed at the next tournament. but you need to step it up, your level 9 was doing all the work in doubles
mitsuki: thank you for keeping my mum entertained, also i hope to crash your game of assassin at expo this time
tamoo: congrats on beating rake in pokemon and in brawl, rather comical even with your level 50 in your team

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Dude, my team is fail, yea it's ev trained but they don't work together. I have 4 physical attackers, 1 tank and 1 special sweeper. That's ggs for me right there
why didn't mitsuki enter pokemon? I played her afterwards...actually might be cos she had ubers or somethin, I dunno for sure

:phone:

Killamari

Smash Rookie
Sucks that you made a loss on it dude, but still it was a pretty sweet day (this is danny btw, one of the norwich guys). Despite us losing most of our bracket matches it was still fun just playing friendlies with different people for once. If your thinking of doing it again then we would definitely come back to it.

Also who ended up winning brawl singles?

X1-12

Smash Champion
GP this was actually a really fun tourney, it was well run and very enjoyable. Low Melee turnout sucked but eh :/ Also not gonna lie but your mum being there was actually really handy. Being able to buy stuff reasonably priced in the venue was good and it was just like having someone there who's not busy playing who can help you find stuff/help with signups etc. Say thanks to her, lol. About BZ2, I don't know how much of a loss you made or anything, but if you were willing to if you got a part time job or something and payed the money back then I imagine they'd be OK with you running another one. I know that's a big ask from you but I imagine way more people would come to the second since your now kinda an established host and the first one was really well run. The venue is also really good with like some comfy chairs and plenty of space + a kitchen etc.

Haven't really got any shoutouts. Jack you're gay. Mitsuki gj in crews. Hugo you were right I watched it back and I sucked in crews, our friendlies + MMs were good fun though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah, hi there danny, yeah if you give me your number or something so we can meet up at college or something like that. would be good to get some kind of scene going on in norfolk

also x1: thanks a ton, ill tell her she was a massive help. i already have a part time job, however its not so much the loss thats the problem as that we have bazillions of food leftover, most of which cant be stored anywhere. so its gone to waste
ill try to host another, but no promises

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys I know this isn't the right thread to be posting this but - How lively/active is the London smash scene(primarily melee)? I'll be moving there sometime late this year and would really like to find some fellow smashers asap providing there is a decent amount and also what is the typical age of a smasher in the UK

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, really you should be posting in the london thread, but the london melee scene is relatively lively, there are tournaments regularly with both brawl and melee

Tamoo

Smash Master
Kier.F: Where abouts are you going to be moving to in London? There are plenty of players all around the London area to play, esp for melee. As for the typical age, the average for melee is higher than brawl tbh. I'd say 19-20 ish is a fair average of melee, dunno about brawl tbh but I'd guess around 17-18

Heartstring

Smash Legend
pfft, im one of the youngest brawlers (infact, you remove willz and co rom 'brawlers' because they realyl arent, and i am the youngest) and im 17, average age is about 19 for brawl too XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh him, that would be my brother, he was only at this one because he lives in the same place, im the youngest REGULAR brawler

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Oh man :( I'm gunna be an old fart aha im 24 ; I think it was Reading where I am moving to (temporarily and then somewhere else after that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom