• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlastZone 2! Tournament discussion thread! March 31st-April 1st

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cool, thanks harlex
added to the op
also turns out shlurpie can only house 1 or 2 rather than 3, so if youre in srs need of housing (from a long distance obv) then you need to ask soon

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
GP, I can't make this because me and my family are going over to Chicago during the easter hollidays. Sorry to flake, it'd been awesome to have a tournament in somewhere other than London but I've been waiting for a long time for this holliday.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
that okay man, i can understnad that going to chicago takes priority, just bring me back some mountain dew and were cool XD

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Have for like a year now :p I was amazed when I first saw it here lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
mountain dew energy is crap tbh. just isnt the same

but if youre going to be like that then ill have a pop-tart plox

Yeniths

East Midlands!
They do sell the real mountain dew here, well at least they do in Worcester and Leicester, its expensive tho as its straight imported.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I live in Louth during holidays (look it up i you think Norfolk is bad :p) all they sell is nothing

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I live in Louth during holidays (look it up i you think Norfolk is bad :p) all they sell is nothing
They sell kebabs and jumpings, don't they?

Also damn, someone needs to get me some legit american mountain dew. I don't think the MD energy is too bad (it's sold all over the place in scunny now) but if the legit stuff exists, do want. :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its a damn good drink that they stopped selling over here and started selling the second rate version of it instead, which sucks.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
They only sold the "Energy" version over here ... although now you can get it in cans too (and cheaper, which is nice)

It's what got me to like 7th or whatever at the last tourney I went to. ;r

Heartstring

Smash Legend
They only sold the "Energy" version over here ... although now you can get it in cans too (and cheaper, which is nice)

It's what got me to like 7th or whatever at the last tourney I went to. ;r
no, that wasnt an energy drink which did that

its a little thing called 'meta knight'
or maybe good performance, apples are my energy drinks XD

K.Mac

Smash Lord
no, that wasnt an energy drink which did that

its a little thing called 'meta knight'
or maybe good performance, apples are my energy drinks XD
Nah man, it was defo the caffeine. I always chug mountain dew (or something similar) during srs bzns matches ... seems to work xD

Still don't think I should have beat slurp though. **** was intense.

edit

Actually, you know what we need at Blastzone? LEGIT. AMERICAN. MOUNTAIN. DEW. Make it happen, son. Make it happen.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if i can get some legit american mountain dew, then i will. but its kinda hard seeing as the source of all the foodstuffs for the tournament is a maros...which for the record is very british XD

also caffiene doesnt touch me for some reason, probably from too much caffiene filled tea XD

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Or someone who lives in Leicester could bring some.

Not spending £30 to get to Leicester to buy some mountain dew. screw that O_o;

Heartstring

Smash Legend
speaking of which kmac, how are you getting here? i assume youre taking public transport, but because you live a fair way away youll be needing housing (plus theres my fest afterwards)

not to mention, theres a place called kmac mobility centre jsut down the road from the venue :B

K.Mac

Smash Lord
not to mention, theres a place called kmac mobility centre jsut down the road from the venue :B
You're kidding.

As for getting there ... well I'm not even 100% sure I'm even coming (****ing money ¬__¬) but obvs I will be getting there the same way as calz will ... I'm assuming he IS going to this o_o so ... yeah.

Gonna be screwed if he isn't.

edit

And Portal 2 is coming out the week after Blastzone, so I will defo not be hanging around once the release date arrives. >>;

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
K.Mac don't forget its a fest as well, Friday to Friday for us, 15th til 27th. I need to talk to Mike on MSN, but hes never on.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Lol u cant wait a few days to play a new game? Its not like you haven't got ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO PLAY IT AFTER THE FEST!

P.S. The most ridiculous john you have ever heard.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Uhm ... how do I put this NO.

I don't even think I will have enough money for Blastzone anyway. How much is it going to cost to get there + venue + food fees?

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Lool what a lame john
Lol i agree, Money johns are legit though, that john is just EPIC FAIL.

Also about the prices, i can't confirm them yet, but il let u and Calz kow asap, im trying to get cheapest route possible.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Well, I'm currently living off of £50 a week (with bills adding up to £80) so you can kind of guess what my monetary situation is.

And before you say "Well that may be true, that means you can't afford Portal 2!" well - I'm aware of that. :[

Top Bottom