• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II info!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
No, those are simply empty place holder files that will be overwritten when the DLC comes out. Look at the size of the files.
Trulled meself.

Taking this.

I just started getting into BB with CT. Been watching CS videos and following the tier list creation. From what I understand Bang and litchi are top tier, but the tiers are much closer than before, with a bang vs rachel (who is the worst character) only 65 to 35
Used to be Bang and Litchi were considered untouchable, and Rachel was unusable. Things have been pulled a bit closer to the center recently from what I've seen, but Litchi and Bang are still stupid good, and Rachel is still really bad.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Platina/Platinum art on the BBCS disc:

Valkenhayn:

I'm not sure if I should be embarassed that I play this game, or just endlessly amused.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'll probably end up using Tager and Valkenhayne, maybe Litchi too. Maybe Hazama, maybe.

Platina's hair is ridiculously long. I'm confused though, I heard something about Platina having multiple personalities and I was wondering where they got that from.

DC

Smash Cadet
Hazama: Ooh~ Ain't she cute... The finest blade... Hey Ragna, this blade just only recently became my possesion... Oooh this sensation when I touch her, feels just like how your little sister felt, hyahahahaha!
Ragna: I'm ****ing gonna beat you to death!!!
lololololol

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Valkenhayn's a werewolf?

WTF?

and LOL @ Hazama's quote.

WHEN DOES THIS COME OUT??? (In America)

And how much will Makoto cost?

DC

Smash Cadet
Rebalancing is in 6 months.

As promised, here's more loli:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yep I'm afraid of change.

3rd strike is not different from SSFIV. Parrying is so useful in IV. Ryu has such a hard time knowing that Hadokens are pretty much useless.

Oh, and let's not forget Tekken 6. It's just the same as the previous installments. That bound system isn't new. It's just allows more comboes this time.

I can't possibly adjust to new schemes and quirks

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I forget what Makoto's weapons are called...Ton...something...I can't remember.

Anyone know? It's been bugging me for a while.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
What new feature did Blazblue put in again?

Oh wait.

Well, you can break people's guards, and I personally think that the burst system is superior in Blazblue.

Fatal counters are also kinda neat.

I also prefer the character specific quirks in Blazblue over Guilty Gear (except for Chipp's invis Q_Q. I'm gonna miss that). Tager's magnetism, Hakumen's self filling magatama bar, and Arakune's curse meter > Venom's pool balls and Testamet's little traps imo.

Overall though GG is a better game. But BB isn't complete trash and I like a couple characters in it (as opposed to the...two I liked in GG, one of which was a trash character).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, you can break people's guards, and I personally think that the burst system is superior in Blazblue.

Fatal counters are also kinda neat.

I also prefer the character specific quirks in Blazblue over Guilty Gear (except for Chipp's invis Q_Q. I'm gonna miss that). Tager's magnetism, Hakumen's self filling magatama bar, and Arakune's curse meter > Venom's pool balls and Testamet's little traps imo.

Overall though GG is a better game. But BB isn't complete trash and I like a couple characters in it (as opposed to the...two I liked in GG, one of which was a trash character).
I actually prefer GG's burst system. BB's is too limiting, IMO.

The thing I like most about BB is that the Oki game is deeper. There's not just the question of if they're going to tech, or what they're going to do after their wake-up. There's also the question of whether they're going to roll, or in what direction.

Overall, I'd say GG is better balanced, but BB feels more polished, particularly in the sound mixing sector. I also like BB's animation style better, as well as better overall character personalities. So I'd say BB is a better game all told, but GG has more lasting appeal as a balanced fighter.

DC

Smash Cadet
I can't imagine why a game with 9 iterations would be seemingly more balanced than a game with 2 but hey.

I'm not familiar with GG's burst system but from what I gather bursting in GG is useless.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I actually prefer GG's burst system. BB's is too limiting, IMO.
Oh, I should clarify that I was talking specifically about CS's burst system. CT's burst system is terrible :laugh: Going into danger mode to get out of one combo is kinda harsh.

While I have to admit that getting 100% tension for hitting someone with a burst offensively is pretty sweet, I like BB's variable burst startups (and gold burst starting combos is SWEET!) I also like that you can save a burst from the previous round and have 2 bursts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAdkuaJ8QY

Gold Bursts are cool :p

Top Bottom