• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sorry dude. Gen 3 has the best designs by any generation, in my opinion. There are other ppl who think that way too. Your Gen1+2 fanboyism is neither needed nor asked for. You go have your opinion and don't pester us with it. Whether you think they are ugly or not doesn't say anything about the chances of Blaziken to be in Smash 4 -.-

please. Its a two way street. People were pestering me with their opinions. I have a right to think they look ugly.

And like i said originally. He doesn't come from the recent generation nor the 1st one. Meaning hes irrelevant and not in the runnings to be a Smash character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People were pestering me with their opinions. I have a right to think they look ugly.
Yes, but you have no right to treat your opinions as fact, and shove it down other's throats, I should add. :rolleyes:

Honestly, do you have nothing better to do than posting negative comments in each and every thread you visit?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yes, but you have no right to treat your opinions as fact, and shove it down other's throats, I should add. :rolleyes:

Honestly, do you have nothing better to do than posting negative comments in each and every thread you visit?

Wow, now you're a mod too.

lol I'm merely stating my stance. Not trying to change anyone elses ;)

And i do have positive opinions on some characters. Like Jigglypuff. There are other newcomer characters i do want also but since they do not have a chance, why bother discussing them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Blaziken wouldn't be a bad choice per se, but I think Blaizken would probably fit better as a Pokeball Assist or Adventure mode type enemy, in my opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There are other newcomer characters i do want also but since they do not have a chance, why bother discussing them.
I wouldn't be saying that when we got Wii Fit Trainer and AC Villager (who everyone thought had no chance).

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I worked so hard to make that moveset and no one replies :facepalm:. I guess it wasn't that good then.
My favorite starters were def third gen ones. Especially Blaze man.

Gonna have attribute the lack of responses to that blue text. Seriously, I had to highlight the post I'm quoting it so I can read it without straining my eyes. Gotta be practical about text colors sometimes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still would think it's awesome if Blaziken made it. Especially when he'd feature his Mega Evolution as a Final Smash.

Blaziken is easily one of my guilty pleasures for new Smash additions. Then again, I have this same thing with a lot of Pokémon.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wouldn't be saying that when we got Wii Fit Trainer and AC Villager (who everyone thought had no chance).
Some people were expecting AC villager (Myself included) because he is a recognizable face of nintendo. People just like to twist sakurai's words when he is only answering interview questions and can not predict who he will add in the future. He's only human. Also I feel blaziken shouldn't make it in if Pokemon trainer, pikachu, and jigglypuff are returning and if mewtwo gets added because the next pokemon added will probably be 6th gen (He especially shouldn't make it in if we also get lucario plus a 6th gen.) That is a lot of pokemon reps. Though at the same time you could technically treat each generation as a new 'series' since they have 4-5 or more games each gen (Sometimes they have more games a generation than other franchises do in the whole series.) Also comparing a single generation to another is pointless because the 5th gen looks nice added with the past generations (It adds variety) and the same with 6th gen added to the rest of the pokemon. It makes me want a beautiful HD pokemon snap on the wii u with the gamepad as the camera and all the pokemon in some form.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It was a massive decline because all the pokemon were ugly. Including the starters.

Mudkip, Torchic, and Seedot were adorable IMO. And why care if they are ugly or not? I doubt people thought Geodude was the most beautiful thing on Earth too. Anyways, this is all opinion, so you aren't wrong, but you aren't right either.

And who else thinks that 3rd gen games need a remake on the 3DS?

Thanks to this new Blaziken event, I bet he will be a playable, or a boss (so epic!), but I rather have him playable.
Gonna have attribute the lack of responses to that blue text. Seriously, I had to highlight the post I'm quoting it so I can read it without straining my eyes. Gotta be practical about text colors sometimes.
I changed it back to white. shouldn't be that hard now.
Maybe I'll change it to black :evil:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Mudkip, Torchic, and Seedot were adorable IMO. And why care if they are ugly or not? I doubt people thought Geodude was the most beautiful thing on Earth too. Anyways, this is all opinion, so you aren't wrong, but you aren't right either.

And who else thinks that 3rd gen games need a remake on the 3DS?

Thanks to this new Blaziken event, I bet he will be a playable, or a boss (so epic!), but I rather have him playable.

I changed it back to white. shouldn't be that hard now.
Maybe I'll change it to black :evil:
I always loved Blaziken and I always thought a win-win situation for Mystery Dungeon fans and people who lieked Mudkipz is to make a Hoenn Pokémon Trainer with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken! But if only Blaziken made it in I would be happy :joyful:
Edit: Count me in as a supporter for Blaziken and Hoenn Remakes! :p

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Some people were expecting AC villager (Myself included) because he is a recognizable face of nintendo. People just like to twist sakurai's words when he is only answering interview questions and can not predict who he will add in the future. He's only human.
I agree with this completely
Also I feel blaziken shouldn't make it in if Pokemon trainer, pikachu, and jigglypuff are returning and if mewtwo gets added because the next pokemon added will probably be 6th gen (He especially shouldn't make it in if we also get lucario plus a 6th gen.) That is a lot of pokemon reps.
That is true, but I really hope we have one Pokemon rep for a different gen. Of course that would replace Pikachu, Jiggs, or PT, so I don't see it happening.
Though at the same time you could technically treat each generation as a new 'series' since they have 4-5 or more games each gen (Sometimes they have more games a generation than other franchises do in the whole series.)
Kid Icarus was the first one that came to mind
Also comparing a single generation to another is pointless because the 5th gen looks nice added with the past generations (It adds variety) and the same with 6th gen added to the rest of the pokemon. It makes me want a beautiful HD pokemon snap on the wii u with the gamepad as the camera and all the pokemon in some form.
This might be the only reason I would ever get a Wii U

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Blaziken could work as the Charizard of another trio and Mega Blaziken is the Final Smash of the whole trio.

Mudkip and Grovyle both would make for some unique gameplay.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Blaziken is my all time favourite Pokemon, and one of the best designed Pokemons ever.
To me he looks like an egyptian god, Maybe Horus, combined with a Pro Wrestler.

B Moves

I think of Blaziken as a fast character without a projectile.

vB: Mirror Move
It works like a counter, but instead of just punching/kicking the opponent when sucessfully executed,
Blaziken uses the magic of Mirror Move to make a transparent hologram of the character and the attack that hit him.
Examples: If you counter Marth's Fair, a holo-Marth appears and executes a Fair.
If you counter Samus' Charge Shot, a holo-Samus appears and fires a Charge Shot with the same level of charge.

Is it broken? No, because if you counter, let's say Mario's Jab, a holo-Mario appears and simply jabs the opponent once, which more or less puts Mario on a frame-advantage.

>B: Flame Charge
Blaziken dashes forward at the speed of Ganon's Wizard Kick, but will travel slighty futher while covered in flames.
It has Super Armor against projectiles, and if Blaziken is hit by a projectile during this move, the attack gets a Speed Boost that makes it travel slightly faster than C.Falcon's Falcon Kick.
It does 9% damage and sends ppl up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 170%.
Start-up and cooldown are moderate.

^B: Sky Uppercut
With similar range to Marth's Dolphin Slash, Blaziken executes a flaming uppercut.
It Sweet Spots at its peak, doing 15% damage and sends ppl up and slightly away with high knockback, killing at around 100%.
(It can only Sweet Spot aerial opponents.)
If Sourspotted, it does 6% damage and sends ppl up and away with low/med knockback, killing at around 200%.

B: Overheat
It works the same way as Bowser's Fire Breath, but instead of shooting a stream of fire, Blaziken releases fire all around him, but with less range.

I've always wondered, wth is Blaziken supposed to be? Most pokémons get their inspiration from animals but Blaziken goes from chick=>chicken=> person in a chickensuit?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
That animal is called the "teenager". Known for its excessive complaints and the ability to waste its parents money. Also, nice moveset idea.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blaziken is so ****ing awesome. Would definitely play as him a lot.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Flamethrower, mirror move, and overheat are some moves that can really make him different from falcon

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Blaziken being a Falcon clone never crossed my mind until now. Thinking about it, it wouldn't be super-awkward, I suppose.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Blaziken being a Falcon clone never crossed my mind until now. Thinking about it, it wouldn't be super-awkward, I suppose.
Here was what I posted earlier, trying to make him not a Falcon clone.
Specials:
Neutral- Flamethrower. Wait BaPr, don't Bowser and Charizard have a move like that? Yes, but this one is different. You see, Blaziken;s Flamethrower won't last as long as those attacks, but he can choose the direction and it has more range. It will be like Mario's FLUDD, but this one is worth something!
Down- Overheat, it will take some start up time, but it has okay range and attacks everywhere.
Side Option A- Fire Blast- Can't be used as a recovery move, but is a good projectile. What happens is he shoots it and it is as fast as Wolf's laser gun.
Side Option B- Blaze Kick, he needs his signature move. It kinda works like Falcon/Ganondorf's down B, but it goes straight regardless of whether he is on the ground or not.
Up- Sky Uppercut, Blaziken is said to be able to jump as high as tall buildings, so I think this move should be really high.

Tilts/Jabs
Jab- It doesn't matter to me, maybe a punch kick kick
Ftilt- he swings his arm in a horizontal attack
D TIlt- Low kick?
U tilt- Punches upwards
Dash: jumps in the air and kicks while moving foward, kinda like Guy/Gai Sensei's dynamic entry

Aerials:
Nair- Does a front flip with his leg pointing out. The direction you fly depends on where he kicked you from
Fair (more like unFair haha)- Does a kick in front of him
Bair- spins around and kicks behind him
Dair- Not really sure how it would work, but it might be a clone move to Sonic's Dair
Uair- might be like Mario's Uair.

Blaziken77

Smash Rookie
There's a chance. First, Blaziken is the most likely Hoenn pokemon, considering it got a mega evolution, it's one of two confirmed Pokes for the Wii U game, and they probably are getting around to the gen 3 remakes. Of course, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark even are probably going in first, and Jigglypuff. At that point you have to wonder if it's needed. There's a chance though. We'll have to wait and see.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Much more likely than people give it credit for. If Pokemon Trainer has to be cut, I could see Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Blaziken, and Lucario being our Pokemon reps.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Blaziken would be an awesome Pokémon to see, but I think he'd be better with a Hoenn Trainer-type character. Also, it would be cool if he borrowed moves from Infernape and Emboar, and he could represent all the Fire/Fighting Pokémon. Here is a moveset for him:
B (Blaze Kick): Blaziken charges a fiery kick, the more the charge the more damage it does. Fully charged, it creates a fiery afterimage that extends the range of the kick.
Side B (Flame Wheel): Blaziken makes a sphere of fire around him and rolls forwards.
Up B (Sky Uppercut): Blaziken does a flying uppercut that is covered in fire.
Down B (Heat Crash): Blaziken covers himself in a sphere of fire, much like Flame Wheel, except he plummets downwards. If he is on the ground, the fire damages nearby enemies.
Final Smash (Blazikenite): Blaziken Mega Evolves which powers up his moves, like Giga Bowser and Wario-Man.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
-> Only Gen 3 Pokemon to get a MEvo
-> Was distributed free to everyone with a copy of X and Y for some reason

Clearly, this indicates that Blaziken is an obscure and forgotten Pokemon that'll never be seen in a Smash game.

Though, frankly, Blaziken is much more likely to make it in with May, Mudkip and Grovyle, and I wouldn't mind that. I would just hope that dying doesn't change you to the next Pokemon in the line-up anymore, urgh -_-

Nintendo's dropped a lot of hints that they plan on giving Gen 3 some love, including 3DS remakes - so this also hinges on whether or not those hints/rumors will be followed up on. The point being that seeing Blaze in Smash is likelier than one may think. I'm just pretty sure he won't have a Down B.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
It's not the only Gen 3 Pokemon with Mega Evolution, there's also Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette and Absol. Only Gen 1 has more Mega Evolutions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Think you mean only Gen 3 starter to get a Mega Evo. But to add to your point, was also the only non-Kanto starter to get a Mega Evo.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yeah, derp, what I meant was it was randomly the only starter besides the original 3 to get a MEvo. Point is, it is a really popular Pokemon and Nintendo knows it. Hell, the free Torchic was the tipping point for a lot of people I know who were on the fence about getting X/Y.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Blaziken is one of the few pokemon not in the original 150 to have a level of popularity after it's time along with Lucario.

Sleeves

Smash Rookie
I just finished an article on Blaziken actually, didn't know there was a thread! I'll post my opinion in here, quoted from the article itself.

"Now I imagine Blaziken to be a fairly heavy character gravity-wise, not very fast but not as slow as the super heavyweights like DK and Bowser. Many of his moves would pack a fair wallop and centre around kicks. with punches in reserve for initiating A, A, A combos and the occasional tilt or special. Crouching attacks would be sweeps with the leg and forward tilts would be a long ranged kick with a completely outstretched leg ala T. Hawk's Forward+HK in "Super Street Fighter 4". For the up tilt, I imagine a backflip that has a fair amount of range with decent damage that could hit behind at the end of the animation.

Aerial attacks would be of a great range, making the most of Blaziken's long legs. Back+A would be a belly-down drop kick style attack that has the most range with decent power but doesn't smash far. I imagine it to have sluggish recovery. Neutral+A would have Blaziken spin kick with both legs out, giving a large circular hitbox that could hit weakly multiple times and ending quickly. Forward+A would be a flying kick with okay damage but a devastating critical point at the base of the foot, similar to Zelda's own Forward+A. Down+A would be a mid-air stomp that has a slow start-up but acts as a meteor smash. Up+A would most likely kick above Blaziken's own head for a strike that comes out at a medium speed but smashes well, and could be used to juggle.

Pictured with its pre-evolutions, you can see the kick range clearly here!
Smashes would be fairly simple as well. Forward smash would charge up a devastating standard kick that doesn't reach as far as the forward tilt but is supremely powerful and good for KOs, and it would leave the opponent on fire for good aesthetic effect. Down smash would be a capoeira-style spinning kick that would reach behind and in front - this would deal a fair amount of damage but not smash far until very high percentages. Up smash would be "sky uppercut", a move that Blaziken can learn in the Pokémon games. This would have a hitbox that reached mostly vertically upwards in front of Blaziken and deal similar damage and upwards smash factor as the forward one does with its horizontal smash factor.

Special moves would be fairly simple. Up+B would be "blaze kick", Blaziken's signature move that it is almost always pictured doing. This would have some great vertical distance and good startup time whilst dealing damage at the same time, the most critical point being the knee towards the end of the attack animation which would send an opponent flying. Of course, the range and power on the move would be balanced with its predictability, offering no control over angle, similar to Mario's Up+B.

Side+B would be a powerful charging attack called "flare blitz" that would see Blaziken run encased in fire from 3 - 7 steps depending on how long B is held down for. Damage would be the primary factor of the move, not sending opponents very far and would be good for an approach. In the game, slight recoil damage occurs after the move but for balance, this should be left out. Neutral+B would be best suited to a move like "flamethrower" and act similarly to Bowser's own Neutral+B to allow Blaziken a small spacing and camping game. Down+B would suit a dive kick that sees Blaziken backflip away from the enemy if it strikes cleanly. If performed whilst on the ground, Blaziken will simply hop backwards and initiate the attack if Down+B is pressed again.

Mega evolutions are particularly relevant right now as they just debuted.

Blaziken's final smash would see him enter his mega evolution. The initial transformation would send a wave of fire outwards as pictured above, dealing good damage and sending opponents flying, with potential KOs at 140% and above. Attacks would be buffed supremely in both power and speed and as Blaziken moves he would leave a damaging trail of fire behind him. The effect would last for around 15 - 20 seconds, around the same time as Wario's final smash.

So to conclude, I think Blaziken would make a fine addition to the Smash Bros. 4 roster. The game is actually quite lacking in proficient users of hand-to-hand combat so having a Pokémon that fights like this would be refreshing and fun to see. Pokémon has only ever had one heavy character before in Charizard and he didn't fare so well so it would be good to have one more shot."

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
No because they aren't just gonna leave ou the other 2 starters thats why they made pokemon trainer instead of charizard

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think this is what you meant.

haven't seen any complaints.

more just some "oh. huh. that's new."
No lots of people wanted swampert and sceptile to get megas and it never happened I've never played 3rd gen or used either of them so you can't call me a fanboy

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
No lots of people wanted swampert and sceptile to get megas and it never happened I've never played 3rd gen or used either of them so you can't call me a fanboy
I was really hoping for mega sceptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom