• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blocking Revamped?

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I know this has been done before but searching didn't bring up any results.

More evidence that the Bubbleshielding is leaving.

Okay,

Subject 1(Ike's "Block" during Pits FS):

Yup, He could be doing a special move but I think he might be blocking. This is the hardest proof but make your own assessments

Subject 2(Mario N Squirts "Blocking"):

Mario looks as if he is bracing himself for Squirts to attack. Squirts looks as if he is doing the same. Just needed to be noticed.

Subject 3(Fox "Blocking"):

Now Fox. may be doing his Dash move. But we don't know if its in or not, neither do we know the facts on the Blocking Factor. But this (in my opinion) is almost as hard as Ikes "block".

But you Decide.

What do you think?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I've already proven this wrong by showing the threads that were exactly like this on where shielding was presenting. Mic_128 saw them and closed them. You know what that means for your thread, right?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Ikes could simply be a linklike downair into the ground that hit pits final smash, and I think that there is a picture of fox dash attacking, maybe I'm wrong on that.

Middle picture just looks weird though.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Requesting Takeshi post a link to said evidence, so I can use it for referance when stupid people talk to me about their awful theories.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I say, they look like they're in a fighting stance than a blocking stance.

Ike's does look like it could be a block..

I also say.. Blocking is probably revamped, but not in the way you are thinking.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
When making screenshots, Sakurai and the gang can freeze any character in any position in the middle of their animations. Squirtle and Mario could be in part of their idle animations or they could be in the beginning of an attack animation. Ike COULD be in his blocking animation or he could be in a stun animation. Ivysaur looks like he's in his running animation. Fox is possibly towards the beginning of his taunt animation.

Even if these are the blocking animations, it is very possible that they simply removed the bubble shield (or have yet to add it). No screen you post, unless it's actual game footage of the final version of the game, will ever "deconfirm" bubble shields.

Top Bottom