• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blog of the Month!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Link to original post: Blog of the Month!

That's right, Blog of the Month, not Blog of the Week.

This competition is returning because I feel like it, and it is monthly because again, I feel like it. Honestly, monthly is a better format, a week isn't really enough time to expect quality content to keep being pumped out.

Anyway, it's simple, you write a blog, and if it's good, it has a chance of winning. The prize will be inflated ego/self esteem plus a sticky for a month. Will consider talking to admins to get postbits/forum awards but don't hold your breath.

Unless Jam Stunna decides to hop back on or something (kinda wish he would lol), this competition's sole judge will me me, since I am the god of UB.

But you...

you already knew that!

First qualifying month is in fact this very month, so expect a champion by the end of April!

Here's an archive of the old Blogs of the Week and Featured Blogs etc http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224948

April - My Life as a Foreigner "Racism in Japan" by Venus of the Desert Bloom
June- The Appalachian Trail and Me by Melomaniacal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Even I knew that Teran [has a sig], how did you not know? D:

And may post a blog, we'll see. This will no doubt cure some of the vacancy/idiocy that may be taking place at this current time.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Does "may be taking place" mean definitely is taking place and is being bumped up repeatedly by a crew of the same ****ing idiots in every thread? If so, yes! I hope so!

Also...

YES.

YES.

YES.

YES.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, I wanted to express it a little delicately, but you could put it that way.

I hate RAW, but I actually like that shirt. Pretty awesome.

Anyways, I look forward to everyone's interesting and deep blogs gais. :awesome: Falcon, I'm expecting something from you considering you are the one that puts everyone down!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Falcon never writes blogs, he just comments on them/ruins them.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I don't ruin them I DOMINATE THEM.

Also I was already planning on something, I'm always planning...something.

*cough* Skyward Sword review *cough* other stuff

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't ruin them I DOMINATE THEM.
Without consent, I might add.

Also I was already planning on something, I'm always planning...something.

*cough* Skyward Sword review *cough* other stuff
Huh, cool, I'd read that. Better yet post a blog where people can just post reviews, starting with that, and if you want to be an overachiever you can log all of the reviews in the original post.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
God if you post a Skyward Sword review, warn me so I can man UB with my infraction Gatling Gun.

I'll need it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Glad to see this making a comeback, I always thought it was a neat way to encourage intelligent blogs.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll keep my Ghirahim posts to a maximum minimum.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I gotta get my review thread back up and running then. I already have a bunch of text I randomly have been typing up for a while now, time to put it to use.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If a review thread is started, after the weekend I can work on a Guild Wars 2 Beta review. I'll be busy playing all of the professions when it opens up and trying everything out. Maybe even a Xenoblade Chronicles review.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey we need that religion defender, or else it'd be just a bunch of people going, "GOD DOESN'T EXIST! YEAH! WE ALL AGREE WITH EACH OTHER!"

There is like what, two other people in that category lurking this place.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I like religion threads... They're usually very interesting.

The "Why I'm not an atheist" thread turned out much better than I thought it would for instance. It seems like the ones that go to **** are the ones posted in the PG for some reason.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, but he lied about that actually being the reason why he wasn't an atheist. XD So really it wasn't so good, but some interesting things were said in the large amount of pages here and there.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I gotta get my review thread back up and running then. I already have a bunch of text I randomly have been typing up for a while now, time to put it to use.
If a review thread is started, after the weekend I can work on a Guild Wars 2 Beta review. I'll be busy playing all of the professions when it opens up and trying everything out. Maybe even a Xenoblade Chronicles review.
Looks like Finalark was resurrected and his essence was scattered.

Also the religion worries me because I'm tired of having a bunch of atheist metaphysics "experts" rolling in and stroking each others' egos. The thing is, here's the prolbem with religion defenders, and the whole debate in general. It all boils down to the simple conclusion of ignorance, we simply cannot prove either way, and trust me, it is not going to enrich your spirit to discuss it any further, and you are not going to get to the truth.

If the leading minds of all these fields like philosophy and science could not find this conclusive proof, neither are you. Yes I know sometimes someone can have that inspirational bolt, but don't kid yourself, it won't be you, and it isn't going to happen here.

So I dunno if I'm going to be too kind to religion discussion in future, we'll see.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looks like Finalark was resurrected and his essence was scattered.

Wait, what do you mean by this?

Also the religion worries me because I'm tired of having a bunch of atheist metaphysics "experts" rolling in and stroking each others' egos. The thing is, here's the prolbem with religion defenders, and the whole debate in general. It all boils down to the simple conclusion of ignorance, we simply cannot prove either way, and trust me, it is not going to enrich your spirit to discuss it any further, and you are not going to get to the truth.
Well we actually did get some definitive things down in that "Why I am not an atheist" thread, but what happened is that people retreated and just kept their stances. Even around our age it is going to be hard to change something like a world view. I mean yeah I agree that nothing changes at the end, and egos are indeed stroked considering that is what happens when everyone starts agreeing with each other or when someone says something that they don't even really understand but still defends what they believe, so they're like, "Oh, so yep, I was thinking right! :D"

And yeah, we aren't going to come up with something revolutionary, but among the stubbornness and repetition, some people say things that actually are interesting and get us thinking. Of course, the ratio is a bit wack, and I'm not interested in any more of it happening personally. I've been sucked dry of things to say about the subject. I can't keep pulling more out of my ***, and I don't think anyone else can either. But again, some of the things that make up what I think about it now was actually acquired by talking to Muran and Verm, talking about physical and nonphysical things together got me really thinking about the topic in a new way. I hope at least some other people gained something from it.

Don't worry too much about anything further happening. We're all a bit weary. I know I am.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey we need that religion defender, or else it'd be just a bunch of people going, "GOD DOESN'T EXIST! YEAH! WE ALL AGREE WITH EACH OTHER!"
There's a difference between a religion defender and a man who adamantly states that there must be an uncaused cause for us to exist. That is literally one of the stupidest things I have ever read in my life, I don't think I'll forget it for quite some time just because of how blatantly illogical and stupid it was. "Well we exist! And buildings and stuff can't exist without being made, thus we were made by a God that was made by nothing because the idea of things existing without nothing making them only works when it's favorable to my argument!"

Also I personally want to believe there is something after this life so it's not like I try to actively hate on people for having that belief.

Oh yeah I forgot Finalark was a thing.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey look I could have just gone by the SWF mantra and banned religion talk outright and said "take it to DH" just like EVERY OTHER place on the site, and administration would probably back me on it.

It just sort of irks me how I constantly go out of my way to let people talk about more things in here, then they go way overboard by flaming or perhaps talking about wholly inappropriate stuff.

You may think that you are "entitled" to a whole bunch of stuff, but you are not. You are entitled to what we tell you you are entitled to. This site does not conform to "freedom of speech" or all that hot American garbage, it is privately owned, and thus adheres to whatever it wants to adhere to.

Why am I even having this discussion? :/

Whatever man just look at it this way, as of now you can talk about pretty much anything as long as it isn't viscerally sexual, drug related, doesn't insult anybody directly, isn't a Brawl online challenge :mad:, and isn't blatantly devoid of any content (spam).

Basically I want to keep it that way, which is why I'm constantly in everyone's ear about this stuff. You may not realise this, but other staff visit this place too, the skim, they read, they look around, and they will comment to me on certain things and how I run it, they will give me grief if people are being unruly. I want to keep both camps happy, and so instead of just jumping on everyone with infractions, I try to steer you in directions with words. This way, everyone is happy.

If you aren't happy with what you have, you can get out. Seriously, I'd rather you get out than cause a scene, because every time someone causes a scene, it brings this place one step closer to being run by hard*** rules.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like every place on this site better than the DH.

That includes Forum Support

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's because the DH is no fun.

Also, looking forward to the return of Blog of the Month! It always produces some quality shizz. :3c

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Isn't there currently 3 threads in the DH if you don't include the PG subforum?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey look I could have just gone by the SWF mantra and banned religion talk outright and said "take it to DH" just like EVERY OTHER place on the site, and administration would probably back me on it.

It just sort of irks me how I constantly go out of my way to let people talk about more things in here, then they go way overboard by flaming or perhaps talking about wholly inappropriate stuff.

You may think that you are "entitled" to a whole bunch of stuff, but you are not. You are entitled to what we tell you you are entitled to. This site does not conform to "freedom of speech" or all that hot American garbage, it is privately owned, and thus adheres to whatever it wants to adhere to.

Why am I even having this discussion? :/

Whatever man just look at it this way, as of now you can talk about pretty much anything as long as it isn't viscerally sexual, drug related, doesn't insult anybody directly, isn't a Brawl online challenge :mad:, and isn't blatantly devoid of any content (spam).

Basically I want to keep it that way, which is why I'm constantly in everyone's ear about this stuff. You may not realise this, but other staff visit this place too, the skim, they read, they look around, and they will comment to me on certain things and how I run it, they will give me grief if people are being unruly. I want to keep both camps happy, and so instead of just jumping on everyone with infractions, I try to steer you in directions with words. This way, everyone is happy.

If you aren't happy with what you have, you can get out. Seriously, I'd rather you get out than cause a scene, because every time someone causes a scene, it brings this place one step closer to being run by hard*** rules.
Wait, who is this directed towards? @__@ *looks around*

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
[yt]RtZ2VrQwKz0[/yt]

Let's turn the mood around.

Morin0

Smash Lord
?

I don't hate any of the places here. Granted I don't venture too much out of my usual spots, but still. Why do you guys hate certain sections of this forum?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Most of the threads we end up to going just turns out to be a small discussion, rather than a blog full of paragraphs.
And when it is a blog full of paragraphs, it might get locked because of the stupidity.

Now, by looking at this thread, I do think this'll make the UB better.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Someone should design a nice post bit and share it. That way we can watch how Teran agonizes over whether to implement it or not and also we all know that he's going to want to try to win one himself, but he can't because he's a moderator so he will eventually spiral into madness.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't need to "win" one, back when BotW was a thing, I had the record for the most, and this place belongs to me, so I get one as standard.

Sucka

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Oh yeah, use a gif of a woman known for being a huge ***** to people to counter my statement.

Also, censor dodging, pro. Aw **** Teran took it down already.

Top Bottom