• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blue Yoshi's TRIPLE ELIMINATION online smash 64 tournament (BRACKET UP)

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Lawrencealot over Kefit 3-1

I'm sorry, but Europeans should not be allowed in these tournaments. It is not fair to everyone else.

NixxxoN

Smash Master

I'm sorry, but Europeans should not be allowed in these tournaments. It is not fair to everyone else.
No johns dude, we also do bad on high delay, its no advantage for anyone

It seems that we europeans arent that bad afterall

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that it's not even a reasonable facsimile of SSB64 at this level of delay, so allowing matches like this in a tournament is a farce.

smakis

Smash Ace

excluding europeans is fair to us? and you make it sound like we thrive in delay, making us multiple times better than before.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
It's more fair to exclude you guys then to force everyone else to deal with the delay and not play anything resembling SSB64.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
There was no lag, it's only delay. 6 frames sucks but it is not unplayable, westcoast vs eastcoast have high delay as well, only with people near you you can have a perfect online match. And I'm used to 2 frames but I can still enjoy matches like these.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Of course it's not lag, I've never mentioned lag.

When you can do **** like dair me without fear of a utilt or any other form of reprisal because I don't have time to input the reprisal because my input is delayed six frames then something is very wrong.

smakis

Smash Ace
It's more fair to exclude you guys then to force everyone else to deal with the delay and not play anything resembling SSB64.

the only ones that have to put up with it is the ones actually playing europeans, and only some of them have high delay, fireblaster vs mahie had 4 frames and were high quality games. not to mention we have to put up with it every single match unless we meet eachother.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I agree with kefit here, playing europeans is just plain stupid and not fun in any way

no offense

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Delay is a legit john, but p2p delay effects both players about equally. But then, it's like if playing in lag, it effects both players, but some players really can't play well in lag. It's the same for high delay.
Kefit does have a right to be upset.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
As I said, all the europeans players that entered in the tourney do much worse with high delay and are used to about 4 or lower. It effects both parties.
The only thing that might help is to avoid Europe vs West coast matches, but brackets are generated randomly.

D

Deleted member

i doubt it

theres bound to be people like YBOMBB who thrive in high delay matches

and it affects people who only play p2p exclusive to their region, being used to 1/2 frames is a big change when you are forced to play with 6 after months of playing 1, 2 maybe 3 delay only.

and i'm not really sure about europe as a whole, but I'm sure they are more used to online delay considering many do play with north americaners regularly. Compare this to west coasters like kefit who only p2p with 1-3 delay max.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
That's not true. Only a few people like Nixxxon go to American servers regularly. Almost all Europeans only play with each other, usually p2p or else on a European server, so we're used to 2 or 3 frames max as well. And (western) Europe is way smaller than the whole of North-America so almost all of my matches are 2 frames, sometimes 1, like I said I can't believe a westcoaster and an eastcoaster don't have high delay. And if they are allowed to play each other, why can't Europeans play them as well? Either you do a tourney with only people close to you (western europe only, east coast only, etc.) or you allow everyone that can have playable games with all others. I can have playable games against everyone except when I'm on wireless internet so just make your own tournament, or complain before the tournament starts, or stop complaining.

DMoogle

A$
West coast and east coast rarely have more than 3 frames. And if two players are on the same coast, more often than not they'll get one frame.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
We can't seem to be able to get on at the same time >.< I went on for a while yesterday, but ehh. Today I can't get on, I'm going to school then I work 'till midnight.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Hey Lawren, I dont go to Galaxy64 that often and i usually ask there for p2p, and I do much worse with more than 4 frames.

People like JaimeHR, SheerMadness, and it seems Johnny too, can prove that if you are actually GOOD, you can own on high delay aswell. You can have practice matches and adapt.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Me and Lawrencelot had 6 frames of delay. I live within a 15 minute drive to the Pacific Ocean (maybe less), and Lawrencelot's in Holland (i.e. huge distance). Sure it may have been a bit annoying with the delay, but the matches are still enjoyable. I had fun at least... :p

Also, this tournament TRIPLE elimination, so one loss is nothing to be worried about. You have to lose three sets to be completely eliminated from the tournament (with one slight exception in grand finals...).

And as for why there has not been an update for a long time, the bracket is at the University computers, so I am only able to update them while at the University. Also, they are created using Microsoft Word... >_> ... yeah... it sucks... anyways, back to what I was saying, they're on Microsoft Word, meaning I can't just recreate it here at home.

Also, I hate my family's computer, as it's extremely slow, and a pop-up appears every 3 webpages (even refreshing google makes a pop-up appear). My parents have done something to this computer and now, it's almost as if it were a punishment to go on it.

Anyways, enough johns (from me and everyone). Play your matches and have fun :)

Mahie

Smash Lord
This post has totally turned into somekind of an argument where nobody will win, it's rather stupid. Delay does affect both players the same way in p2p matches , but it's true that some players are more affected by it. Those tend to be the technical type players...
I must agree with MattNF here, high delay matches just aren't fun most of the time. I really hate those, apart from when I play JaimeHR for instance, or Johnny, I can actually enjoy them.
The world would be greater if it was just one single continent with everyone close to everyone, but it's not like that.
Now for this tourney, you knew there were euros, we knew there were west coasters, everybody knew what to expect.
And Kefit... You think you lost because of delay, but you won vs two euros before right ? It just sounds like you're using the delay as john because you lost this one time.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haven't seen PD in a while, dunno when I'll play him.

I get 7 frames and under with every euro/south american I've played which is fine with me. I guess I can understand west coast vs euros if it was like 9 or 10 frames that would suck. Does nobody remember when everybody, no matter ping, used to play with 8 frames on the server? Guess were too spoiled now.

D

Deleted member

p2p has spoiled us all

back then when egx good connection was all we had 8-10 delay wasn't that big of a problem

but now why make yourself suffer

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
West coast and east coast rarely have more than 3 frames. And if two players are on the same coast, more often than not they'll get one frame.
I'm in disbelief of this one frame madness.... I've had computers physically like right next to each other and still only have 2 frames... :confused:

Please tell me how you get this 1 frame stuff ;)

~ImNotPro

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Brackets updated... and will be uploaded in 2 minutes (so by the time you read this, it's likely uploaded).

Updating who plays who next (as of this post):

Bracket 1:

1st round:

Agony vs Jel

Second round:

Sheer Madness vs PD

Bracket 2:

1st round:

Hamburglar vs Thino
Near vs Smakis

Not to rush you guys (well, maybe I am...) but everyone's waiting on your matches... especially the first bracket matches (Jel vs Agony and PD vs Sheer).

If you want the exact numbers...

For Agony vs Jel, 7 people are waiting on your match (House, Mahie, Lawrencelot, A$, ImNotPro, Blue Yoshi, Kefit)

For Sheer vs PD, 5 people are waiting on your match (s2j, Lawrencelot, Nixxxon, Imnotpro, Kefit)

For the other two matches, 3 people are waiting on each of your matches.

So that said, do your matches as soon as possible.

Also, in the lower brackets, your name will be shortened since there is not enough room for your full name (e.g. Fireblaster - Fire).

MattNF

Smash Lord
I'm in disbelief of this one frame madness.... I've had computers physically like right next to each other and still only have 2 frames... :confused:

Please tell me how you get this 1 frame stuff ;)

~ImNotPro
I was doing a 4 player teams match on EGX last night on LAN connection with p2p on, and one player (koro) only had 1 frame delay

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Have less than like 15 ping on a server and use LAN connection, or play p2p with someone with like... 30 or less ping between you

DMoogle

A$
Well, it's possible for two nearby computers to have to connect through a ton of networks that could end up going halfway around the country before they can reach each other. Tracert the IP you want to connect to to see where the big ping numbers are coming from.

Some connection types (especially if the connection becomes wireless at any point) just naturally have more delay.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Well, it's possible for two nearby computers to have to connect through a ton of networks that could end up going halfway around the country before they can reach each other. Tracert the IP you want to connect to to see where the big ping numbers are coming from.

Some connection types (especially if the connection becomes wireless at any point) just naturally have more delay.
Umm... I was using the LAN router and stuff and connected via the LAN ip. So I don't think it went through like a lot of other routing.

DMoogle

A$
Umm... I was using the LAN router and stuff and connected via the LAN ip. So I don't think it went through like a lot of other routing.
Either your router is terrible, or one of the computers has something interfering and causing the massive delay. I can get 3ms on Godweapon, which is located in Richmond, VA (100 miles from me). There's no reason two people on a wired LAN network should get more than 1ms.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Either your router is terrible, or one of the computers has something interfering and causing the massive delay. I can get 3ms on Godweapon, which is located in Richmond, VA (100 miles from me). There's no reason two people on a wired LAN network should get more than 1ms.
Well I can get like 2frames regularly playing other dudes and even on EGX. Someone else should try wired LAN p2p so I don't seem ******** in saying I get 2 frames only :(

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Well I can get like 2frames regularly playing other dudes and even on EGX. Someone else should try wired LAN p2p so I don't seem ******** in saying I get 2 frames only :(
Not many people tried wired LAN p2p. It's very possible that it acts completely different from 'normal' online p2p or servers. It's just not the same (though it's supposed to be better of course)

Top Bottom