• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Board/Jigglypuff Lingo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky989

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm new to this board and to Super Smash Bros. Melee. I have played the original SSB basically since its release, but literally never even played gamecube until about a week ago. I was glad to see that my favorite character jigglypuff got some significant upgrades and despite losing the cheap "I-win" drill+sleep combo, I like what I've seen so far, Especially jigglypuff's jump is about 10 times better in this one, like in the old one your 4th and 5th jumps would be practically quarter jumps, while this one their all the same, not to mention in this one the b-punch makes you go higher and farther.

My question is, what is all this talk about bair and fair etc. I understand what DI and Wavedashing is, but it sounds to me like you can control the direction of the b punch? In one of the stickies it also mentions tilted the control stick(like without pressing buttons) to do moves, unless I read incorrectly. If someone could explain to me what this all means that would be well appreaciated, Thanks!

P.S. I realise that against advanced players, who I primarily play against, its a piece of crap but does anyone find the rollout move just absolutely hilarious? Not to mention her down throw, Nintendo does have a sense of humor afterall.

Hamsterpie

Smash Apprentice
A tilt simply refers to the fact that if you "tilt" the control stick instead of smashing it, and pressing a, you do a different move.
And you can rise slightly when you pound if right after over b ing if you smash the stick up or down. It's called a rising/falling pound.
And rollout rocks. Use it sparingly. Like on mute city.

RPK

Smash Lord
-spams thread- :3
btw all you need is bair, fair, rest, uptilt, uair, and Fsmash :3 gg
And yeah Bair just means back air and fair means forward air. But hey just be glad I wasnt all like, okay first off for pulling a rest just SHFFLANA,Utilit, SHRest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom