• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt Presents - Blue Brawls! "The Return of Game Haven" MD/VA Event!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Presents..

BLUE BRAWLS!
:awesome: "Bolt ~ Jumpstarting the Newyear since '09" :awesome:
"An MD/VA Brawl Main Event!"

Address:
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408

For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
Mapquest Directions

--Or Just use Google Maps--​

Tournament Schedule
January 8th, 2011

9:45-10:30 am- Setup
10:30-12:00 pm- Singles/Doubles Registration
12:00pm - Doubles Start
2:00-3:30 pm Singles Start

Entry Fees
Venue Fee- $10.00
Doubles- $10.00 each ($20.00 per team.)
Singles- $10.00

Side Tournaments- $3.00 per person

Singles Payout:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles Payout:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Tournament Information and Rules

• Show up to your match on time, do not be late!
• Attend all personal needs before the tournament has begun.
• Pick up after your yourself! Don't leave trash on the tables, throw it away.

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• No items

• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Game and Watch Hammers

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Nope's No Bs Rule : By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is three minutes late he will receive a warning. At five minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After ten minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

• Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

• Stalling is banned.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

•Listen to your Tournament Organizer and his helpers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO List!
Bolt

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Reserved for Updates

Smashfest Notice:

Prior to this event, on Friday January 7th, Taj will be hosting a Smashfest to help promote and house for this event. If you are interested in getting good practice in before the event and need a midway point from MD to VA to stay, you are more then welcome to attend Taj's Smashfest.
  • Phone Number: 571 259 1829
  • Address: 11709 Town Green Rd, Bristow VA 20136
  • Smashfest Venue/Housing Fee: $2.00
  • Venue open to Smashers: 7:00pm
  • Food Details: 24 hour Harris Teeter, Burger King, and 24 hour McDonalds all within 3 minutes of the Venue.
  • Alcohol Allowance: Drinking is allowed if you are 21 and up.

Tournament Confirmed List:
Bolt
Taj
SOVAman
2fast
YarsRevengerson
Tantulus
EEVisu
Sin
PinkFresh
Karcist
Omni
Bert
Seagull
Logic
Bonk
Korn
KingZant
Takeover
Oath
PastTense
Sleek
Smokey
Kaffei
Lie
Poyo
Night
Candy
Oh.
BMX

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I'll go to this. My final tourney before Pound baby.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey bolt,

me seagull and ee were planning to go to Ohio for the siis4 this weekend. If we can't do the trip we will be here, but otherwise we will be headed there. Hope all goes well for this either way.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey bolt,

me seagull and ee were planning to go to Ohio for the siis4 this weekend. If we can't do the trip we will be here, but otherwise we will be headed there. Hope all goes well for this either way.
Sounds good man, if you guys go out there I wish you the best of luck. Make MD/VA proud, if not you can always do so here. :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
BUMP

Not long before this tournament, who all is coming? Where are my old MD/VA folk at?!

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Bolt, please consider making teams entry $5 per person instead of $10. I think that would really bolster the amount of team entries. If not, I might just bring a set up and play friendlies. (assuming bringing a set up means getting a discount, it isn't listed in the OP).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Honestly I think it would be the other way around, Karcist.

The winner already has to take half the winnings in teams (1st gets 60%, so basically winner gets 30% each). Take that and cut it in half again, and well, even with 20 teams, 1st place get 50 bucks. More people like doubles anyways

I'd say singles is the one that needs to be 5, but not for this tournament. There is a 3 week break basically between events.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yes, i'll be coming with a car full of someones
Who's all coming with you, could use the names to add to the attendance list.

Bolt, please consider making teams entry $5 per person instead of $10. I think that would really bolster the amount of team entries. If not, I might just bring a set up and play friendlies. (assuming bringing a set up means getting a discount, it isn't listed in the OP).
Sorry no-can-do. I'm not in charge of pricing as far as Game-Haven/Gamepad events go. Plus I don't think people want to pay a $10 venue fee and only enter $5 tourney. If your gonna pay big, mind as well win big.

As far as setups go, I'm sure there will be a discount for people that bring setups, but it wasn't discussed when I spoke with Sage about it this time around. I'm pretty sure first 3 to bring a setup gets a discount.

Honestly I think it would be the other way around, Karcist.

The winner already has to take half the winnings in teams (1st gets 60%, so basically winner gets 30% each). Take that and cut it in half again, and well, even with 20 teams, 1st place get 50 bucks. More people like doubles anyways

I'd say singles is the one that needs to be 5, but not for this tournament. There is a 3 week break basically between events.
10 this.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Tant, you mind walking around at some point during the tournament and doing interviews again like we did for Mythic? I think it would be a good addition for some interviews and get peoples opinions on what they think is going to happen for the 2011 Brawl year.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'd be down. Some of those interviews were awesome last year. Hopefully i can convince waffle to come along for this one too, it's been a while since he's traveled out for an event.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Hey Bolt, if we bring a full setup do we get the venue waived or a discount?

_SIN_06

Smash Apprentice
uo bole can u have a side evet like low tiers or mid tiers......preferably low tiers

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey Bolt, if we bring a full setup do we get the venue waived or a discount?
It will be half off Venue for a full setup, but only the first 3 apply.

uo bole can u have a side evet like low tiers or mid tiers......preferably low tiers
If time allows it, I don't see why not. Depends on if there is enough interest.

LMAO

also jayson I won't be going to this now cause I quit smash tourneys
Well unquit for my event, then quit again. Or at least come and bull**** with your homeboys.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
ill try to see if my mom will let me go to this tourny but some things have poped up and i might not be able to

LMAO

also jayson I won't be going to this now cause I quit smash tourneys
u cant just quit yet i havent battled you in a 1 on 1 friendly yet to prove that yoshi is a beast =P

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Okay well since I am so loved I will go if I don't have work or anything else

But, I am not going to request off work for this, if I don't have to work I will be here, my loves

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Smashfest Notice:

Prior to this event, on Friday January 7th, Taj will be hosting a Smashfest to help promote and house for this event. If you are interested in getting good practice in before the event and need a midway point from MD to VA to stay, you are more then welcome to attend Taj's Smashfest.
  • Address: 11709 Town Green Rd, Bristow VA 20136
  • Smashfest Venue/Housing Fee: $2.00
  • Venue open to Smashers: 7:00pm
  • Food Details: 24 hour Harris Teeter, Burger King, and 24 hour McDonalds all within 3 minutes of the Venue.
  • Alcohol Allowance: Drinking is allowed if you are 21 and up.

Details about this Smashfest will be posted on the OP in the "Reserved for Updates" Section.​

start working at my new job after December... = no work on weekend!! :cool:

probably coming, if I can get a ride
Sweet, sound good! Haven't seen you in a while Cafe, where you working at now?

I'll be here!!! :D
B00NNK! XD

I'll be there to chill with Steven/Phil/Steve/Cafe etc.

and enter the tournament of course
Scott, since your coming, you mind being my right hand man? I've been out of the Smash scene so If the seeding has changed since Crewfest, I'll need your help.

Okay well since I am so loved I will go if I don't have work or anything else

But, I am not going to request off work for this, if I don't have to work I will be here, my loves
Yeah you better come. shhiiiiiyyyyyyyyyt.

Top Bottom