• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Jump + Flyinng Type = Constant Air Time?

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Just recently though of this. In the Pokemon Stadium, the Flyging stage the gravity is super light weight.
Since characters are generally floatier anyways, I though that if you Bomb Jumped durring it's Flying type stage it would make her constantly stay in the air.
I know Bomb Jumping is considerably harder since she doesn't stop to lay her bomb, so this would be very hard to pull off back and forth across the level.

Did anyone play in the level enough to confirm this?

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I never went to E 4 All, so my input is just speculation.

In one of the videos, a Nintendo rep said gravity would be HALVED during the flying stage. So... depending on how much Samus rises then falls when doing a bomb jump, she would stay constantly in the air, or she would actually RISE UP, but with half gravity, the timing for the bomb jump might change.

[/speculation]

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
It's possible, in melee Samus could get infinite air time with bomb jumps in adventure mind during the time where there is low gravity. Hoever, bomb jumps had to be done slightly different.

Bosh

Smash Cadet
i never quite mastered bomb jumping i never had enough finger speed on the b button same problem with fox and his gun on the home run contest

Top Bottom