• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Technique: "Bomb-Chu" by Rob

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
maybe i overlooked it in the bomb tricks FAQ, but this is a technique i discovered that allows the bomb to slide across the suface of a stage, preferably FD...
1. You draw a Bomb, then ledge hop from the RIGHT SIDE OF FD and drop the bomb so that it sits on the ground

2. Then wait till the fuse is short (when it blinkers red)

3. Hit the bomb with any of the weak hits of the mid-air Spin Attack

if you followed these steps correctly, the bomb should have slided across the stage, looks rather funny actually XD
and btw...if you want, you can drop the bomb anywhere and merely scratch it with a weak attack, such as a bomb drop, or late sex kick or something...just don't destroy it(a la: F-air, D-air, Strong Sex Kick)
so yeah...i deemed the move "Bomb-Chu" cuz it's effects resemble those of the item Bomb-Chu
in the Legend of Zelda series, most of you guys know what i'm talkin' about

In this match i had with my friend i used the trick- at around 0:35 sec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFS3TaYsibI

oh, and btw that was not the full extent of my link, XD

Mist3rJNX

Smash Rookie
That is sooo n00b sauce. Hi Omni =].

P.S - JK about the n00b sauce thing
P.P.S -JK about the JK about the n00b sauce thing. n00b.

lol see you at Web2Zone this sat man

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
That could actually come in use.
But question- did you know about it before you taped it?
If not then WHY did you place a bomb there then edge hop upB?

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i did actually...a couple of monthes ago, i was waiting for my brother, who was taking a dump, so i went in training mode...
i saw that when i was fooling around with ledgehopping, and bombdropping
the bomb went sliding across the stage
i did it a couple more times in amazment, then called my bro off the toilet seat to see it
at this point the "bomb-chu" wouldn't activate so my bro thought i was crazy
thus, i was motivated to investigate as to why it did that, and i came to the conclusion that it had to be 'ticked by a weak attack' while the 'fuse was short'
so yeah, i'm a very experimental person XD

Deva

Smash Lord
This is a really really old trick. Absolutely useless in tourneys. The only way it has some use is if the opponent is off the edge. set the bomb on the stage and hit it with a weak strike to send it off the edge at your opponent. This is also the only way it will hit the opponent. While the bomb is sliding on the stage, it will only hit the opponent if it explodes as it passes the opponent. Also, it only slides to the left if you haven't noticed. If you try to make it go right it will move about two inches. Still, I'm glad to see you found the trick yourself and experimented with it to find how it worked. We need more players like that. How else would we know about wavedashing.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
your link is pretty good--better than i expected by judging from your posts. however, you missed plenty of opportunities to dair fox after you threw him up. instead, you would follow up with a nair, uair, or bair. if fox has around 80 to 100%, you can land a dair after an up-throw.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i already used it and mastered it basically. I learned it from a youtube video about 8 months ago, and I actually have used it in real fights! Plus, I no longer find bombs useless, and use them about as much the boomerang, and I worked on that. It is even more useful that the hookshot grab. I sugest mastering it, even though it can be pratically useless...

White_Phoenix

Smash Rookie
Nice

I have seen the trick before but I have never seen anyone properly/realistically incorporate it into play. I liked how you managed to fit it into your strategy.

Top Bottom