• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boredom in school= random sketches

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I wasn't insulted in any way, I just wanted to make things clear. Glad you appreciate my newer junk and stuff =)

Geist

Smash Master
Cool stuff StrickNYN3.

For some friendly criticisms, I suggest for the first drawing that you consider your character's line of action when creating movement lines. His 'jump' angle and his posture intersect, and I think you'd better capture what you're going for if you mirrored the jump lines.
It's cool to see different styles from you too. I reccommend focusing less on lines and more on value/lighting when working a more realistic style. For instance instead of outlining her lips, try shading in the shape of her upper lip, and directly underneath her lower lip. No lines are needed, and you give a more 3-dimensional feel while keeping it simplified.
Other than a bit of warping on the right side of her face (eye too high, nostril too low), it looks good man. Keep it up.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I see what you mean, Geist. Never really thought of that, and after seeing your stuff, I can say this will help me out a bunch. Thanks for the tip =)

johnbriner

Smash Rookie
Nice sketch collection you have, Stric. At most times, boredom sparks creativity and this is actually apparent in your artworks. Most of your pieces are well done and the details are truly similar with the original. However, I just noticed that most of your sketches aren't finished. I just hope you will be able to finish them all because they're really good. Keep up the good work!:)

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Yup, my profile name's the same here, StriCNYN3. Whats yours?

I hardly go there though, yet I'm trying to be there more often.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
omg LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ that Sonic pic XD I'll follow you on DA Stric.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Even just since the beginning of this thread I can see how much you've improved lol, keep up the good work man. I keep forgetting but I wanted to check out your dA gallery when I get the chance. That Fox sketch is so good :o

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Even just since the beginning of this thread I can see how much you've improved lol, keep up the good work man. I keep forgetting but I wanted to check out your dA gallery when I get the chance. That Fox sketch is so good :o
Hmm, it's been a while since I've been here (not really feeling for Smash in general any more, but i'm not gonna bore you with all of that haha) and I missed your post Neon Ness.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I really see the difference between my recent Fox sketch from my early fox sketch since the beginning of this thread. Thanks for helping me realize that =D

@Doll666 Never got back at you either, good looking out =D

I'll post some more of my junk later on today =P

Also, yea, my DA is the same name here, StriCNYN3
Do you have a DA? I don't think i've ever seen any of your stuff.

Top Bottom