• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

Tlmab

Smash Cadet
Quick question for all (including me)

Was what the motivation to use mario in the first place?

to me it was to counter fox and falco in melee by gimping their recoveries in a tournament. it worked until shiek beat me. I ended up is 4th place. and then i decided to keep using him because I just love that plummer. :)

boss8

Smash Hero
Quick question for all (including me)

Was what the motivation to use mario in the first place?

to me it was to counter fox and falco in melee by gimping their recoveries in a tournament. it worked until shiek beat me. I ended up is 4th place. and then i decided to keep using him because I just love that plummer. :)
to be honest i didnt want to be another zombie....using a shiek/marth/fox/falco etc......so i decided to go diffrent....

shiek isnt that hard bro mario can 0-death shiek with chain grabbing.....

i had it easy vs fox's and falco's and i just went doc vs marth.......lol melee wuz to fun....

Tlmab

Smash Cadet
Well both reason are good enough for me, lets try our best to take Mario to the top and let him be known and feared.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
hey boss!. do you think not having a wii has helped?

I pm'ed hylian and he kinda said i shouldn't play against level 9's or cpu's in general, except to find out characters moves and chaingrabs etc... Because cpu's make people form bad habbits. I havn't played one since and i think it helps. this was kinda to help other kids too. His main point, which really helped me and, it sounds like its helping you, was to find and play at other peoples house's.

also why are black people so good at ssb? I heard they have an extra muscle in their leg but i told the person that told me that that they were stupid. Mario is my secondary/ main.

and which character can you not use mario agianst? I think this question has been asked kinda, but not answered. if it has.. poopoo.

boss8

Smash Hero
hey boss!. do you think not having a wii has helped?

I pm'ed hylian and he kinda said i shouldn't play against level 9's or cpu's in general, except to find out characters moves and chaingrabs etc... Because cpu's make people form bad habbits. I havn't played one since and i think it helps. this was kinda to help other kids too. His main point, which really helped me and, it sounds like its helping you, was to find and play at other peoples house's.

also why are black people so good at ssb? I heard they have an extra muscle in their leg but i told the person that told me that that they were stupid. Mario is my secondary/ main.

and which character can you not use mario agianst? I think this question has been asked kinda, but not answered. if it has.. poopoo.
having a wii or not wouldnt mater if you didnt have someone to play against......

i dont no....when money is on the line....black people will do whatever it takes to win...XD

you can use mario vs anyone.... IMO mario vs anyone will always go 50/50

Boss my question is whether or not you have a comp, because I dont see you post much 0.o
lol look at my post count and my join date.....lol

boss8

Smash Hero
How can you force a Metaknight to go in the air? Any ideas on how to get them off the ground?

EDIT: Without Fireballs. They're not enough.
forcing a metaknight in the air....would be to juggle him repeativly.......also cape jumping or platform stalling will make MK go in to the air...but then again why would u want MK in the air???? thats where he is most dangerous...use our ground game to your advantage....

ThatGuy

Smash Master
forcing a metaknight in the air....would be to juggle him repeativly.......also cape jumping or platform stalling will make MK go in to the air...but then again why would u want MK in the air???? thats where he is most dangerous...use our ground game to your advantage....
Because I want MK to be above me so I can smack them around. MK's ground game outshines Mario's (Dash attack, Grab, Dtilt, DSmash). His sheer running speed can make him run under or into a Fireball and retaliate during lag. Once he's close enough, he can pester me with a bunch of SH Fairs and grabs. How would you prevent that?

boss8

Smash Hero
Because I want MK to be above me so I can smack them around. MK's ground game outshines Mario's (Dash attack, Grab, Dtilt, DSmash). His sheer running speed can make him run under or into a Fireball and retaliate during lag. Once he's close enough, he can pester me with a bunch of SH Fairs and grabs. How would you prevent that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dGlFMHmA8c <-----ground game......

look at the ground game compared to air game......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCqhgJaYZBE&feature=related <------air game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swRlav0qs6U&feature=related <------ground and air combined....

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Editing my question.

I'm having problems with Mario's lack of range. Most of the people I play with regularly use characters who outrange Mario (mostly Ike and Marth). Is there anything I can do to close the range and punish them?

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
When i get spot dodgers try to spot dodge, i usually do a a a.(punch punch kick) combo. What top two or three or one thing do you do for spot dodgers. I've seen some of your vids where you just charge an fsmash a little longer( it might have been on a shielder tho). I think that's cool.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well I'm not sure if I'm qualified enough to answer this one but...

It's pretty annoying when your attacks are constantly whiffed by spotdodges. If my opponent spot dodges a lot and I have a hard time punishing them I sometimes use long-lasting attacks (Dash Attack or Nair) to hit them all the time out of the dodge. Eventually they'll break the habit if you punish it enough.

Otherwise the best remedy is good ol' prediction. Charged smashes are great.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Editing my question.

I'm having problems with Mario's lack of range. Most of the people I play with regularly use characters who outrange Mario (mostly Ike and Marth). Is there anything I can do to close the range and punish them?
There are lots of things you can do, but here are some of the main ones to start you off: fireballs are great for setups and controlling approach, the cape has good range and has transended priority, FLUDD has good range and FIHL can work wonders if you know how to abuse it well, Bair has good reach, and Up B can be your ace-in-the-hole if you know when to use it.

DAIR
10dairs>.>
Seriously, I love this move.

Top Bottom