• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

ken109

Smash Cadet
I beat it with Kirby. I screwed up mostly on Raquaza,Duon and Meta ridley.

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
i've beaten boss battles with Ike on all levels except intense. that is my next goal. in other news my record for boss battles on easy, using Ike, is 3 mins 21 sec. killed master hand in 7 seconds. and the first 5 bosses were done within 1 min 3 secs. it was just my luck that the game lined up all the EASIEST bosses into the first five slots. :D

Katapultar

Smash Lord
You need to know the bosses moves importantly like Tabbus tele-blast thingy. If you don't it will kill you. Lucario is a good idea to do it with, he can DT porkys yellow beam

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
I used Charizard and did nothing but Rock Smash for the most part. Although the many miscalculations made it take a little while but being patient and actually waiting until after the boss attacks paid off.

I plan on beating it with the other characters on intense as well, or at least the ones I actually play as.

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
The only people I know of that have beaten Boss Battles on Intense gave me this advice:

Use Marth. Counter EVERYTHING.
(I quickly learned that "everything" does not mean "everything")

I would like to say that Toon Link seems a very likely candidate to use, though. Porky, the one boss I ALWAYS have trouble with, was absolutely useless against me. Just jump up, and you can down-air the rest of the entire match. He did even get any damage on me.

Ange

Smash Lord
Hard drive or SD card, but it cannot be saved onto a disc.
Well I ment my actual Wii, but whatever.

People who say to use Marth and COunter everything should rely more on tippered Uairs, Nairs, Fairs and Fsmashes to take out bosses more quickly and ONLY use Counter where you know you will hit. A too early Counter can kill you good.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is good, autocancel dair is awesome and shadow element seem to do a lot to Rayquaza meaning he can kill it like twice as fast as other people (his Fsmash deal a lot of damage to the majority of bosses for that matter, dunno if it have anything to do with the shadow effect)

I've been playing Boss Battles Intense a bit lately, right now I have it beaten with Snake, PT (of course), ZSS, Ike, Ganon, Ness and Captain Falcon

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I need to find a character with whom I can consistently beat this, since I've never done it before. I guess I should try my official boss-killer, Bowser.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
This reminds me of the time we were trying to get a trophy of Ridley and a blast box appeared then Ridley jumped on it and died while we were holding the trophy stand

Btw Ike can counter some boss moves, so he's useful, like when Rayquaza digs out of the ground.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight FTW. You have to play extremely conservative though, and space like hell. If you can predict what they'll do, like Rayquaza's tail swipe or Thunder attack, it is so much easier. It's like fighting competitively, except they're bigger. It's easy to take 0% from Rayquaza, Ridley, and Meta Ridley if you play this way.
I've taken no damage from Rayquaza, Ridley, Meta Ridely, Galleom, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Petey (who is a total joke) but never all in the same run through at intense. I don't find them to be all that difficult to predict, especially the hands, though I often get too greedy on Rayquaza and mess it up. Some characters (such as Young Link) are much better for taking out some bosses (Rayquaza) without taking damage than others (I have a hard time dodging everything with Bowser, though that's probably at least partially me being greedy).

Sadly, despite my prowess at beating those bosses, I'm not really proficient enough at Tabuu and Porky to win. Usually one of those is my doom, though occaisionally I'll mess up on Duon and get shield broken off the edge or jump right into one of his attacks like a nub.

I love using Yoshi for it, but he's really not the best for it; while on the lower difficulties his aerials destroy them, at higher difficulties some of them (particularly dair) become trading hits, which really doesn't work out too well for him.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
the first time i beat intense boss battles was when i mained MK. (basic jump attack) then with wolf (all attacks) then shiek (all attacks)

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
I bought SSBB in 12/5, and completed boss battles on intense in 12/28 with Donkey Kong. I first tried with Charizard, but Porky was unbeatable:(, then I chose Toon Link, but the problem now was Duon:mad:, at last I tried with Donkey Kong, and it was really easy:chuckle:, after 2 failures, I finally killed Tabuu and got the Galleom (Tank Form) trophy:urg:

Dev2000

Smash Lord
i hate sakurai for tripping i was at tabuu i only needed to hit him once more then i would have done it and then i tripped and died

xXDonkey KongXx

Smash Rookie
For me, I beat it on my third try. Her's what I did; I picked Charizard, and kept using rock smash. Then, after I beat the first 9, On Tabuu, is where it was easier. When he opens his wings, and does that extremely strong attack, I switch pokemon. Easy as pie. (Tabuu)

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I think that C. Falcon and ness are good. I tried using ganondorf, cuz he's a stronger clone of falcon, but it didn't work out to well.

Question: What projectiles can ness absorb?

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
I actually think he's easier than Duon or Porky. I mean, all of his attacks can be avoided relatively easily.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Spam Peach Bomber (maybe mix in some aerials). When the boss is about to attack, float. Land. Rinse and repeat.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I beat this twice on Intense, once on mine and once on my cousin's wii. Once was with Zelda, her lightning kicks and smashes do a lot of damage. The other time was with Captain Fail lol. I didn't believe my brother that Captain Falcon was any good at boss battles and I tried him out and got to Tabuu on the first try, and beat it on the second. Needless to say, I felt manly.

reedkmeister

Smash Rookie
I used Toon link. Just get above them and use Dair for the bigger bosses. Plus he's got enough projectiles to do some damage, but you might not want to use them all too often.

Top Bottom