• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I've noticed an interesting pattern with the more bosses you beat on intense: The frequency, speed, and duration of the attack increase exponentially with each boss you beat. I noticed this because today I was fighting Ridley as my 8th boss and she just wouldn't stop attacking, not only that her wind push and tail drag were appearing frequently and longer. This was especially problematic because when fighting meta ridley she went straight from the dragging the ship down and firing fireballs to bodyslamming the Blue Falcon, killing me instantly.

tbh, now I find myself praying to fight Pokey and Duon first and the Hands last, imagine fighting a Pokey who constantly does the mad tackle and doom beam.
I thought it was just a coincidence, but other people seem to notice it as well. It took me a while to catch on to it actually, but once I played Meta-Ridley on one of the first fights, then got to him on one of the last, I realized he did seem to attack a lot faster.

They really did make intense mode intense. I hate missing my sidesteps when I get to Tabuu after all the work getting to him (managed to do it on very hard though, so I'll get it again eventually).

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I thought it was just a coincidence, but other people seem to notice it as well. It took me a while to catch on to it actually, but once I played Meta-Ridley on one of the first fights, then got to him on one of the last, I realized he did seem to attack a lot faster.

They really did make intense mode intense. I hate missing my sidesteps when I get to Tabuu after all the work getting to him (managed to do it on very hard though, so I'll get it again eventually).
Yea, I got to Tabuu today but he got me with the Golden Gate slam (I have another name for it but I'm trying to avoid a b&) for an OHKO. Glad to see my theory was correct though, I may have to compensate strategies based on boss order.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
One thing I also wonder about, when fighting Meta-Ridley (not sure what modes he does this on):

When he is pulling the ship down and starts shooting the fireballs up, is there a way he signals whether or not he will pull it all the way down so you have to jump (assuming you stand at the front of the ship) or just to the point where you are about to go off screen? He seems to randomly do one or the other, and it's caused me to mess up quite a few times.

I know you can also knock him off the back of the ship, but when playing Zamus that takes 2-3 hits depending on what part of the attack he gets hit with. Normally, that takes too long and he's shooting fireballs.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
One thing I also wonder about, when fighting Meta-Ridley (not sure what modes he does this on):

When he is pulling the ship down and starts shooting the fireballs up, is there a way he signals whether or not he will pull it all the way down so you have to jump (assuming you stand at the front of the ship) or just to the point where you are about to go off screen? He seems to randomly do one or the other, and it's caused me to mess up quite a few times.

I know you can also knock him off the back of the ship, but when playing Zamus that takes 2-3 hits depending on what part of the attack he gets hit with. Normally, that takes too long and he's shooting fireballs.
He does have a tell, he flies a bit lower when moving off to the left and he'll come in from the left as well. On the point of whether he shoots 2 or 3 fireballs, the lower his health the higher the chance of him shooting off 3 instead of 2 so you wanna try and hit him off (unless you have Snake's Cypher, then just fly away).

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
This is why I am trying to beat the thing with Snake, so I feel like I accomplished somthing unique. Beating intense boss mode with fast characters is like fighting Muhammad Ali with a double-barelled shotgun, it just loses it's challenge.
ehh... beating the bosses on intense is still quite a challenge for ANY character, heh.

I managed to do it tonight with metaknight, spamming nair over and over. I'll admit that using snake would be considerably harder... but that's also asking for unwanted levels of frustration too ;)

and yes, the bosses get MUCH faster, especially the last 2-3. Luckily my last two were master hand and petey. I think I would have been a goner otherwise.

Nacht004

Smash Rookie
Interesting. I used Meta-Knight since I saw someone do a Perfect run on Intense with him. Nairtastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDeZ9ydtM4
That guy is a beast, I'm going to have to attempt to emulate that (maybe not without taking a little bit of damage, but nonetheless). I've gotten up to beating it on Very Hard using Lucario and his marvelous Dair. I'll need to try this.

unii

Smash Cadet
Ive tried so hard to beat this I started playing this and i couldnt end it I still havnt done it but I kill my self against taibu Im an idiot but i used zero suit cause of her long attacks

I dont know try it out

I got all the way too taibu and ive almost tried every chacter so what the hell

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
ehh... beating the bosses on intense is still quite a challenge for ANY character, heh.

I managed to do it tonight with metaknight, spamming nair over and over. I'll admit that using snake would be considerably harder... but that's also asking for unwanted levels of frustration too ;)

and yes, the bosses get MUCH faster, especially the last 2-3. Luckily my last two were master hand and petey. I think I would have been a goner otherwise.
Agreed, the youtube vids make it look deceptively easy. And I know frustration comes with the job, but beating all those bosses with the Chuck Norris of this game just feels so cool.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
TL + Dair + a brain.... Bosses are big enough that the game treats them kind of like platforms so you can just chain link the down airs to infinity. It kills the challenge but whatever.

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
i think a good strat is getting above them with toon link, and just dair to your hearts desire because you just bounce up then you can use it again, works for me at least.

EDIT: **** ninja'd :[

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Finally beat it on intense... to be honest, Tabuu didn't cause me much trouble at all now that I have the spot dodge timing down to avoid his massive wave attack, it was the other bosses that I had issues with. He only hit me 2 times and both were slight hits that didn't do much to me. He did take a long time though, lots of dodging and avoiding, since most of Zamus's attacks do such little damage on him.

That was really was intense, and I feel like I have actually accomplished something (is that a bad thing?) I might write up some tips on beating it with Zamus, I really feel that she is a good character for completing it with her speed, high jumps, and good aerials.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I used Co-Op Charizards Double Rock Smash. Most bosses are down in 2 or 3 rounds. Petey, Rayquaza, and Duon are difficult to time your attacks though, usually you can only get one hit on Petey and Rayquaza before retreating again. Duon you can finish off pretty easily if you can get behind it and rock smash away.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
I also did it on Intense with Pikachu. Same tactic as that MK user; just a whole lot of air dodging and side stepping. But I took a little damage from Crazy Hand.."^^

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed an interesting pattern with the more bosses you beat on intense: The frequency, speed, and duration of the attack increase exponentially with each boss you beat. I noticed this because today I was fighting Ridley as my 8th boss and she just wouldn't stop attacking, not only that her wind push and tail drag were appearing frequently and longer. This was especially problematic because when fighting meta ridley she went straight from the dragging the ship down and firing fireballs to bodyslamming the Blue Falcon, killing me instantly.

tbh, now I find myself praying to fight Pokey and Duon first and the Hands last, imagine fighting a Pokey who constantly does the mad tackle and doom beam.
That's been known for a while on GameFAQs. A real good indication of it is the normal Ridley fight. As the first boss, when he streaks across the screen from right to left or left to right, he's very slow. As the ninth boss, that same attack is blazingly fast. The speed of individual attacks are sped up along with the rate at which they attack.

That's what truly makes this hard: it screws up your timing. It'd be a lot easier if you were just fighting bosses and getting the timing down right. But every run has a different order, so the timing differs for how much you can attack and when you have to dodge. You can't get into a reliable pattern like you could in SSE.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
This has stopped being fun for me. I've tried with Rob's up-air, Charizard's side-B, Metaknights Nair, and Fox's Fair. I never make it past level 6 even though I aced very hard with ease, because something always just seems to happen.

Fake edit: does beating Boss Battles (Intense) in co-op unlock the challenge?!

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
MAN!!!!! i was so close to beating it with my main toon link i was able to dodge the waves but after i got careless and tabuu got a cheap shot that sent me flying -.- man.

and yes i asked the same question earlyer will co-op break the tile?

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
Wish I had a competent friend to do this with. Most of my friends would probably end up getting killed because they don't know the bosses attack patterns. -_- Oh well, guess I'll be doing this by myself eventually.

First post btw. :O

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I FINALLY beat it on Intense with Toon Link. Most of the bosses I can beat with taking 0 dmg(except Ray, Duon, Porky, normal Ridley). It really matters what order u get the bosses because if u get a really hard boss later on they are too fast to combat.

Takes so much practice to learn the full boss attack patterns.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I FINALLY beat it on Intense with Toon Link. Most of the bosses I can beat with taking 0 dmg(except Ray, Duon, Porky, normal Ridley). It really matters what order u get the bosses because if u get a really hard boss later on they are too fast to combat.

Takes so much practice to learn the full boss attack patterns.
I think the hardest people to predict is Duon and Porkey, since Duon has two different patterns and Porkey's just flat out random. The main problem is that I have a hard time compensating to the speed up of the enemies as you progress, I can usually take out Rayquaza or Ridley without much damage but if they're my 9th opponent they juggle me around like a freaking toy.

Also, in Co-op, if one character dies do both of you fail or does the dead guy just sit it out?

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
in co-op if one of you die its game over i tryed it

its twice as harder cuz the boss health is like twice more hp

anyway i always use toon link but duon is the only real boss that is a threat 2 me

ook

Smash Lord
I use DK

He's awesome against Porky. I dunno if it's a glitch or what, but if you use DK's up-b on him, you can actually stand on top of Porky. Then you can just keep standing on top of him and use up-b and he can't hurt you except when he uses his laser. If he uses he laser, though, it hurts like hell :(

For bosses on the ground (Galleom, Duon, sometimes Rayquaza and Porky) you can spam down-b and it kills em real fast.

For air bosses, bair works really well. You can do a bair, then midair jump and do 2 more bairs. 3 bairs per doublejump.

screw Tabuu though, I dunno how to beat him :(

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
yeah, trying to do it co-op is actually harder, IMO. you get five heart containers instead of three, but it also means that for any given OHKO attack, BOTH of you need to dodge it. And that's frustrating.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! This is really, REALLY starting to annoy me... I've gotten to the point where I can get to Tabuu using Lucas, but that mother****er keeps getting me with the "Death Waves" attack everytime. I managed to dodge it once, but then he did it AGAIN, only this time it was FASTER!

WHAT. THE. ****? That made me so mad, I had to quit playing for awhile. I WILL complete this on Intense, even if it kills me.

Okay, ranting aside, anyone else find themselves getting gayed sometimes by usually easy bosses. Most times I can own Rayquaza with my eyes closed, but if he's the eighth or ninth, it's hell as the slightest tap will send me flying off-screen with no hope of recovery.

It also doesn't help that he has incresed speed and ferocity, as well...

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea I got to Tabuu again with like 30% damage so I was confident I would survive, but I underestimated his red waves and got thrown like a dart across the screen with the first wave.

And I've noticed that the frequency and speed buff for the bosses only happens after the 5th boss. At this point i beg for Duon or Porkey in the first half just to get it over with and to end it with the Hands to conserve health.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
can anyone give me some advice on certain bosses? i play as metaknight and i have real trouble with galleom and duon, and rayquaza too but he's sort of a hit or miss. i can sometimes beat galleom fairly easily, but other times he wrecks my shield then kills me. I just cant really dodge or don't see some of rayquaza's moves coming.

Duon has to be my arch nemesis.. he always beats my *** even if i play very conservative. If i try to go ape **** on him either the gunner will hit me with any of his attacks (how do you even dodge all of the blue lasers?) or slashes me, but i can avoid those fairly well. if i play conservative and try waiting out for the missles, he charges over and screws me over... He does his spinning move and if i'm on the outside of it i fall off then it sucks me under the stage so i cant live. Can anyone give me some help please?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
can anyone give me some advice on certain bosses? i play as metaknight and i have real trouble with galleom and duon, and rayquaza too but he's sort of a hit or miss. i can sometimes beat galleom fairly easily, but other times he wrecks my shield then kills me. I just cant really dodge or don't see some of rayquaza's moves coming.

Duon has to be my arch nemesis.. he always beats my *** even if i play very conservative. If i try to go ape **** on him either the gunner will hit me with any of his attacks (how do you even dodge all of the blue lasers?) or slashes me, but i can avoid those fairly well. if i play conservative and try waiting out for the missles, he charges over and screws me over... He does his spinning move and if i'm on the outside of it i fall off then it sucks me under the stage so i cant live. Can anyone give me some help please?
I dunno anything about MK's moveset but I can give you some tips on how to survive alot easier:

1. Learn to Spot Dodge. 99% of every bosses attacks break shelds. MK would probably have a better time in the air but Spot Dodges allow for faster retaliations.

2. More bosses you beat, the faster they attack. That may be why Galleom has a fun time juggling you around like a toy at times.

3. Duon is a bit of a hard guy to beat, mainly because of the wide variety of attacks he has. First thing you gotta figure out is which of MK's attacks is either strongest and safest. Second you gotta stay on the ground, his attacks last so long that air dodging wont help, so you want to roll away or spot dodge. Third, you can bait Duon, just get close during his cooldowns and he'll more than likely either initiate his spin attack or do a great leap in which you can dodge and counter both. Fourth, if he's still messing with you just wait for the Pink Side to fire his missile payload and make sure they come back around and hit him again.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
omg!!!!!!!! i finally beat it after a week of trying i beat it with charizard i finally dodged the wavees good

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
/quote I dunno anything about MK's moveset but I can give you some tips on how to survive alot easier:

1. Learn to Spot Dodge. 99% of every bosses attacks break shelds. MK would probably have a better time in the air but Spot Dodges allow for faster retaliations.

2. More bosses you beat, the faster they attack. That may be why Galleom has a fun time juggling you around like a toy at times.

3. Duon is a bit of a hard guy to beat, mainly because of the wide variety of attacks he has. First thing you gotta figure out is which of MK's attacks is either strongest and safest. Second you gotta stay on the ground, his attacks last so long that air dodging wont help, so you want to roll away or spot dodge. Third, you can bait Duon, just get close during his cooldowns and he'll more than likely either initiate his spin attack or do a great leap in which you can dodge and counter both. Fourth, if he's still messing with you just wait for the Pink Side to fire his missile payload and make sure they come back around and hit him again. /quote

Thanks, i've mainly been using his nair cause of the speed and big damage. Galleom usually gets me when turns into a tank and rushes me cause mk cant jump that high as fast as others can :( Duon is just a ***** though but i'll try that strat, thx. O yea and i think ray has been so hard cause he's usually 7-9, grrr.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I can give tips for Lucas, but it might be able to apply for other chars.

Rayquaza, d-tilit most of the time, jump and Dair him when he does the tail sweep attack, when he flies from the sides roll right before his head reaches you. When he digs walk a little to the side of the hole and bat him while hes popping up(c-stick so you dont accidently walk into him). for his lightning attack, powershield it if you can, and for his explosions shield or dodge it.

Galleom1 & 2, easy boss if he doesnt do the spin attack, always dair him and land behind him, and air dodge and roll back towards his front. If you did it correctly Galleom should be attacking the opposite direction you are standing.

Petey, petey is easy to get flawless runs on, you just gotta play it safe. Double jump towards him and Dair him once, and air dodge back, if petey is jumping while your in the air, air dodge away from him.

Porky can get hard, from the start jump and dair him and land on the opposite side, you should be able to do that 3-4 times right from the start, when he does his needle jab attack get to his opposite side and d-tilt him, when he sends out the explosive porkies, go up to him and d-tilt till one of them gets close, air dodge or roll out of his stomp after. For the electric attack get under porky and d-tilt him.

Duon, duon is also hard the only tips I got is to Dair them, make the missiles that the shoot hit themselves, and a really useful tech is to absorb the pink shots that are fired from the pink side with the PSI mag, it can heal all you dmg if you absorb enough.

master hand, really easy except for his drill attack, you're in luck if he does him laser attack right from the start, you can jump over the lasers and diar him on the way down, 2x jump 2x dair, repeat. You can get about 6 dairs from it and get him about 1/2 of his health down. When he does his gun attack absorb it with the PSI mag. other than that dodge his other attacks and keep doing Dairs.

Crazy hand, same technique as Master hand, the only difference is that you should PKT circle it when its thrashing on the ground.

ridley, i dont really got any specific techniques for ridley except dodge, dair, and retreat towards the middle of the stage.

meta ridley, its easy to dmg him at the beginning but gets harder near the end. stay on the tail of the Falcon Flyler but dont fall off. when he attacks air dodge, you can PKT your self into him but that gets risky after his health is 1/2 way. When he is about to shoot the big fireballs and is grabbing on to the ledge, just d-tilt a couple of times and he'll stop his attack, and PKT him when he's almost out of health.

Tabuu, tabuu is really easy once you learn to dodge his attacks, i dont really have any tips for him except dodge and play it safe. when you attack him do a dair followed by a nair. Also you can dmg him when he is doing the big head laser attack by getting to the edge near his face and bat him with the c-stick so that you dont fall down by accident, shield id the laser gets too close.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I'm always so nervous and twitchy on Tabuu that I dodge his wave attack too early. It's especially hard because metaknight's spot-dodge is so short.

Also, Tabuu = X-Box 360
RRoD attack for the loss.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
and i can give tips for Charizard and toon link:)

Charizard:
Master Hand:
Are you kidding me? easiet boss ever. just keep using Rock Smash( >B ) you will kill him in like 5 seconds of doing that.

Crazy Hand :
Whatever you do dont let him grab you that thing piles like 50% damage other then that killl him with >B.

Petey Pirana Plant:
easy focus on one cage and use >B and if he jumps or swings a cage use an air dodge charizards air dodge is longer then most peoples air dodges.

Galleom:
easy just time your >b's correctly or your dead. when he attacks or jumps always use a air dodge and u might wanna always be behind him at all times.

Duon:
he was not too hard and not too easy when he is on his sword half go close and >b him and when he attacks air dodge. when he switches to gun half watch out specially for the blue ball that shoots 3 rays jsut air dodge alll his attacks and when he charges for you jump the highest you can and you can either go in back of him and >b his but or you can go infront and do the same thing. watch out for his tornado spinning attack that y u need yo time ur attacks correctly and of course make his missiles hit him!!!!

Rayquaza:
at the start of the battle go towards him and jump and >b then he will use his tail which u air dodge with then you >B again when he is going to shoot that big energy ball try to get behind him and air dodge then >b his but. when he flies in the air and spins in a circle jump and air dodge cuz that lighting stike will give u alot of damage % also if you have 100% he can KO so if you have alot of damage before you fight him heal.

Ridley:
easy just >b when he does the wind thing that blows alot of wind at you dash to him dont jump and jsut >b his tail. and just >b he is easy to dodge.

Meta Ridley:
you can get 2 >b's o nhim before he gonig off the screen and does an attack. when he grabs onto the tail of the ship use a >b and it should make him get off if you cant make it i ntiem run away and on the 2nd fireball jump to the highest and ^B. when he shoots those missiles go behind him and jump and >b by the tiem u reach the ground his attack is over. thats pretty much it.

Porky:
easy the only threats here is his lighting attacks and the kid bombs. >b him then dodge roll to the other side and >b if you lucky when u dodge roll he will do the drill thing attack then you have alot of time to >b him. when he does the kid bombs jump 3 times and up b if he is doing the lighting attack (when he goes in the air and theres a light showing were he will shoot) while ur in the air air dodge alot. for the one were he makes a lighting ball and shoots the ray jump in the sky air dodge when it comes at you and when it comes back again air dodge again.

Tabuu:
Easy just make sure u dodge his golden cage by jumping and air dodging. also if you cna react fast enough you can air dodge his lasso. when he does his waves stay on the ground and hold the shield button and when u see a wave come sidestep!! then sidestep again and sidestep again you have to have perfect timeing or ur screwed i recommend going far away so its easer to time the dodge. other then that dodge all his attack and use >b. also when he becomes super huge and does the 2 lasers with his eyes go close to him and >b his chin the lasers wont touch u.

Toon Link:

The hands:
easy just spam d air when you d air it will hit the boss and it will send u i nthe air while u come back down and hit him again then d air them again its easy.

petey:
focus on one cage and infinite d air it

rayquaza:
jump 2 times and d air his neck area if you dont you wont be infiniting him becuase u will be sent down. watch out for his lighting and dodge

galleom:
keep d airing and watch out for the spinning attack air dodge if u can. when he is about to jump dont u dare dair on him u will get so much damage.

porky:
easy jsut infinite d air him and the only thnig that can touch you is his lighting ball that shoots a ray just air dodge it when he goes in the sky and does the lighting zap thing keep infinite d airing becuase you wont get hit.

duon:
i hated him make sure his missles hit him and time ur d airs becuase he could use his spin attack. when he charges jump high and d air him. watch out for his gun half that useses a blue blal that shoots 3 rays.

ridley:
so freaking easy when u d air aim for his head or esle you wont be knocked into the air. his head knocks u in the air so u can infinite.

meta ridley:
easy d air the whole thing. and dodge his attacks.

tabuu:
dont do any d airs it will cuase too much lag time which will get him enough time to KO u always attack him with ur Nair u can get up to 4 Nairs 2 fopr each jump and it does good damage. dodge his lasso and cage by jumping and air dodgeing. dodge his waves by going to the end of the stage and time it correctly and air dodge when the line comes to you

Top Bottom