• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Fights In Brawl-yay Or Nay?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ok, heres the pitch...

I think that boss fights in Brawl would be exciting and fun. They could only add to the game's fun. Maybe, make them only in event matches or something. I mean, wouldn't you think that'd be cool? And not totally knew characters, I mean ones from the fighters games. Like being able to actually fight Kraid, or King Bobomb, or Nightmare, or Dogadong. I think that would be freaking awesome!! Post here what you think, whether you think it'd be a good or a bad idea, what types of boss characters you'd like to face against if it happened, and what not...

And, it's not COMPLETELY impossible, more like REALLY improbable.

So, whaddya think? Yay or Nay?

p.s. how do I make this into a poll? oh well, don't matter, lol...

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Bosses with set patterns, I can dig it. It'd be a good way to facilitate the more gargantuan among the beloved Nintendo characters.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ya

Bosses with set patterns, I can dig it. It'd be a good way to facilitate the more gargantuan among the beloved Nintendo characters.
**** Straight! Lol...

I think it would be fun, and it would add diversity to the game, and bring in more from a certain characters, so you get a feel like you're kinda playing DK if you're fighting Mad Jack, or Kirby if you're fighting...oh, crap, I forgot the cloud with lightning spikes and an eye's name!! I knew it to...lol...anyways, it'll give you more of a feel for the game...

Also, that bosses original boss music should be included as well, because it's just not the same without the boss music...lol

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet
There was already some boss battles in the other games, remember giga bowser and master/crazy hand?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I say Yay, as long as I get to fight an Andross, regardless of the whole similarities between Master/Crazy Hand.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
There was already some boss battles in the other games, remember giga bowser and master/crazy hand?
Yes, yes, and Metal Mario in SSB...

...But I'm talking about ACTUAL bosses, that the characters had 2 face on there own in their own games... Like Army Dillo in Donkey Kong 64, or Ridley in Metroid. If Ridley doesn't make it as a character, maybe he/she can still be thrown in as a boss. ??

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet
Oh i guess that is kinda neat and it would add in a cool aspect to the game as well "yay" I guess.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Yay I say! Always liked Mr. Kirby-Spikey-Cyclops-Thunder-Cloud-Guy XD Although if King Dedede didn't get in he'd *have* to take his place for Kirby's boss :p

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
And in some...or most...cases, it wouldn't be like the fights with masterhand or giga bowser...certain props would be onstage, and you'd have to use them to you're advantage to win, JUST LIKE BOSS FIGHTS. It would be just like a regular boss fight, giving you're opponent having an advantage because it's way bigger than you, and is only vulnerable at certain times...

Like, let's say, you were fighting Army Dillo, from DK 64 (I LOVED that game, that's why I keep mentioning it lol). He'd be positioned on one side of the stage, or maybe in the background, and attack with fire balls. Then, he'd curl up into his armor, and try to squish you. Since he's so huge, it'd be hard--no, impossible 2 dodge if it wuz JUST 2-D, so he'd roll around like master hand does some of his attacks, zooming in on you from the background. Then, he'd stop and laugh, and explosives would appear. You grab them, and pelt him, and repeat!! JUST LIKE he was in the game!! The stages, in some cases, like Army Dillo, would NOT be floating in mid-air, but on an actual 3-D field, except you'd be moving in 2-D. Is that understandable? lol

[Yay I say! Always liked Mr. Kirby-Spikey-Cyclops-Thunder-Cloud-Guy XD Although if King Dedede didn't get in he'd *have* to take his place for Kirby's boss /QUOTE]

Of course!!

Bosses could definately be implemented into adventure mode as well, that is what would really be fantastic! In adventure mode, at the end of a set of character-specific courses, you'd face their final boss from their game(s). It would create such a better game experience, and the present experience is already outstanding.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool if the bosses appeared on giant stages specifically designed for each individual boss fight and you had to fight them side-scroller style, but smash is a fighting game.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
Boss Fights:

. King Bob-omb
. Petey Piranha
. Andross
. Ridley ( if not playable )
. Zant
. K'Rool ( if not playable )
. Medusa
. Regigas o.o

-KevRed

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think it would be cool if the bosses appeared on giant stages specifically designed for each individual boss fight and you had to fight them side-scroller style, but smash is a fighting game.

Yes, exactly, kinda...maybe not side-scrolling for all of them...

Basically, take the boss and his environment out of one game, and put it into Smash, making the adjustments needed to make it possible 2 be defeated by any character, and the stage being adjusted for 2-D movement.

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
It sounds like a nice idea, but for some characters that are the hero in their games, their counterpart (the main villain in the game) is already in the game as a playable character. For example:

Mario - Bowser
Kirby - Metaknight
Link - Ganondorf
Pikachu - Mewtwo

There are still many other bad guys left in each of these characters' games to include the boss-fights, though, and I do think it would make a good addition to the game. I think I'll just throw in another yay ;)

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Mario - Bowser
Kirby - Metaknight
Link - Ganondorf
Pikachu - Mewtwo
interesting idea, ima build on it

i say super final villains in 'event' style battles. Or maybe for the final match of a new 'all-star' mode. needless to say. . .these need to be near insane. With the exception of giga bowser, i would think most of these would be unplayable. To be really mean. . .final smashes should only be half effective on these opponents OR will be the ONLY WAY to defeat them

obviously this is all speculation . . .but if this was implemented i think this would be in the final chart
Characters are based off of both confirmed, and SSBM characters

mario/luigi - Giga bowser (perm. doesn't change to normal)
peach/yoshi - undecided (bowser didnt seem right for these two)
Kirby - Metaknight on speed (like he needs any more)
Link/Zelda - pig faced Ganon at end of OoT (****. . .no light arrows :laugh: )
Pikachu - Armor Enhanced Mewtwo (taking that from the movie)
Jigglypuff -
a shotgun (no. . .really:p)
Armor Enhanced Mewtwo
Fox/Falco/Krystal - Andross's hands (stamina like master/crazy)
Donkey Kong - K Rool
Samus/Z-Samus - Dark samus/SA-X (picture metal warriors without the added weight)
Captain Falcon - Black Shadow (From F-Zero GX)
Solid Snake - Greyfox (in short. . .ranged attacks will be near useless)
PIT - undecided
Wario - Either Mario or Prince Syrup
Ganon - Zelda and Link
Bowser - mario and luigi
ness - Giygas (no not the ex-mod. . .go play earthbound)
Marth/Roy- Undecided
Mewtwo - all playable pokemon

in hard mode this 'event' should be followed by masterhand or the "this world. . ." guy

thats all for now

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

i say super final villains in 'event' style battles. Or maybe for the final match of a new 'all-star' mode. needless to say. . .these need to be near insane. With the exception of giga bowser, i would think most of these would be unplayable. To be really mean. . .final smashes should only be half effective on these opponents OR will be the ONLY WAY to defeat them

obviously this is all speculation . . .but if this was implemented i think this would be in the final chart

Jigglypuff -
Armor Enhanced Mewtwo
Donkey Kong - K Rool
Samus/Z-Samus - Dark samus/SA-X (picture metal warriors without the added weight)
PIT - undecided
Ganon - Zelda and Link
Bowser - mario and luigi
Marth/Roy- Undecided

in hard mode this 'event' should be followed by masterhand or the "this world. . ." guy

thats all for now

I like where you're headed...
But I just don't think playable characters should be full-blown bosses...

Ummm, Mario & Luigi vs. Giga Bowser, cool

Peach and Yoshi could fight Baby Bowser maybe. Baby Bowser could do what he does in Yoshi's Story, riding on his pet monsters and such...

Kirby could fight King Dedede, but for a final fight, I'd like to see him fight something more atrocious. Kirby vs. Nightmare, anyone?

Link...well, I've only played the Twilight Princess game, so I'll go with Zant. If Midna was a playable character, then her Zant, and Link someone else...but I doubt Midna will be one. That'd be cool though....moving on! lol

Zelda-Ummm, well, maybe she will have to fight ganondorf...idk much about the legend of zelda, so...

Pikachu could 'battle' with Lance from the elete four. He would have six pokeballs, and toss them in one at a time. Each pokemon would contain one of the ones he had in the original Game Boy game. They'd have stamina like master hand, only not as much. Pikachue has to battle (meele) them all. It would be awesome and fun. Same for Jiggly puff.

Mewtwo could face another legendary. Maybe Mew herself, or Giovanni. He'd use pokeballs and also try to capture you with his machine things...idk how 2 describe them, really...

Fox would fight Andross, and Falco would fight the metal fake Andross. They'd be atop the great fox in sector z, and would have to dodge air attacks and then attack like when fighting crazy hand. Maybe even lure him into the projectory of oncoming arwings and such...

DK would fight K. Rool, unless he is playable. Then, he could fight King-Cut-Out. Or Dogadong. One of those would be the best.

Samus would fight Ridley unless he/she is playable. Then maybe craid. Don't know much about metroid either folks.

Captain Falcon-No idea.

Snake-No idea.

Ness-No idea.

Wario-No idea.

Ganondorf-Zant, maybe? IDK...

Marh-No idea.

Bowser could fight the mighty Count Bleck from super paper mario. Maybe Peach could fight him as well. He would be fun to fight. After all, he did kidnapp Bowser, so that'd work out.

Pit would fight the main antagonist from Kid Icarus. IDK who though.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
Yay I say! Always liked Mr. Kirby-Spikey-Cyclops-Thunder-Cloud-Guy XD Although if King Dedede didn't get in he'd *have* to take his place for Kirby's boss :p
You mean Kracko? (don't know if that's how it's spelled)

I always kinda liked him for one reason or another despite the fact he's never been a FINAL boss in any of the Kirby games...

King Dedede would be ok for the role IMO despite the fact he's never really been a BAD bad guy persay...

I think Meta Knight would actually be perfect for the role considering Nintendo seems to be baseing him off his Kirby Super Star outing... (What with the Hell Bird and all)

For those of you who have never played that gem & don't mind a few small spoillers...

Meta Knight (Fed up with Dreamlands laidback lifestyle) set out to inslave Dreamland & teach it's people about the meaning of hard work with the help of his flying warship The Hell Bird...

Though he wasn't the FINAL final boss in the whole game he was defiantly the most memberal considering his shear tenacity and darker then normal demeaner...

Suska

Smash Apprentice

Jigglypuff -
Armor Enhanced Mewtwo
Donkey Kong - K Rool
PIT - undecided
Ganon - Zelda and Link
Bowser - mario and luigi
Marth/Roy- Undecided

thats all for now
I completely agree with there being end of game boss which change depending on the character. I think that this should happen in adventure mode and they could put in one or two bosses from that characters specific game.

@ -=Marth_n_Roy=-
I almost completely agree with this choices.
I think that peach/yoshi could fight Baby Bowser/ Shadow Mario(whether he's in the game or not). Really I cant think of anyone but him so I guess he'll work

As for kirby I think he should fight Meta but at the end he should fight Nightmare. He's the normal end boss for almost every kirby game so why not

Samus should fight ether Mother Brain or Ridley for her final battle. Dark Samus might make a nice side boss though.

Umm... I guess Pit could fight Medusa and Marth/Roy could fight Black Knight

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yes it is!! Or maybe Yoshi fights baby bowser, and Peach fights Wart?? Or maybe if you complete the mode n a certain amount of time, you fight Wart.

Mario/Luigi vs. Giga Bowser
Yoshi vs. Baby Bowser
Peach vs. Baby Bowser/Wart if certain conditions are met
DK vs. King K. Rool (if not playable) OR King-Cut-Out
Kirby vs. Metaknight/Nightmare if certain conditions are met
Link vs. Zant
Zelda vs. Zant
Pikachu vs. Lance's party
Jigglypuff vs. Lance's party
Mewtwo vs. Giovanni
Fox vs. Andross
Falco vs. Machine Andross (fake andross)
Samus vs. Mother Brain
Wario vs. Giga Bowser (In DS version of Mario 64, Wario helps Mario, and is therefore partly Bowser's rival)
Ganondorf vs. Zant (I haven't seen the end of Twilight Princess yet so I don't know how that plays out, so G vs. Z could be a possibility)
Captain Falcon vs. Black Shadow
Meta Knight vs. Mirror Kirby (Or Shadow Kirby, not sure which it is, but he's from Kirby: Amazing Mirror...I've heard anyways)
Ness vs. Giygas
Marth vs. Black Knight
Snake vs. Greyfox
Pit vs. Medusa
Bowser vs. Count Bleck

Sound good??

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yay for bosses

Nay for this idea (unless there's an interesting twist to it)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I, myself, am more for non-ending bosses from individual characters games. Just familiar and fun bosses that are scattered in adventure mode or something like that. And if there is a new story mode, then bosses would be excellent.

And my last post above is listing 'end of game' bosses. Kinda like a bonus fight for Adventure mode. That wouldn't be in classic or anything, just adventure. Or maybe all-star...

Speaking of all-star, if there is supposed to be like 40 characters, all-star is gonna be a *****!! lol...well, I guess you could just get more heart containers, but still!!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh there's been MINOR boss battles, like Giga and Master/Crazy hand, but a boss for every character would be amazing.
Plus this has already been discussed.

But I say "Yay" to it either way.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea, but master/crazy hand and giga you can just punch up...I'm talking about bosses that NEED strategy to win. As, um...whoever posted the second post said..."set paterns"...yes!! I suppose mh and ch are kinda on patterns, but they aren't as gigantic as a normal boss is.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well that's ok, I was just throwing that out there...and bored, why do you say nay? I'm just asking cuz I wanna hear both sides to this discution.

Ok, so pretty much every one agrees with this. Now, think of you're favorite nintendo game that we can expect 2 be brawl related, and think of you're most favorite boss. Now, imagine him in Brawl. Explain what you've imagined.

bored

Smash Ace
Well that's ok, I was just throwing that out there...and bored, why do you say nay? I'm just asking cuz I wanna hear both sides to this discution.

Ok, so pretty much every one agrees with this. Now, think of you're favorite nintendo game that we can expect 2 be brawl related, and think of you're most favorite boss. Now, imagine him in Brawl. Explain what you've imagined.
Because it would seem overdone.. sorta I can't really explain it. It would seem that putting too much content into like a story mode would make things better but it's really not, they need to just go the original way and stick with the master hand and not tell all the characters life story, it's about smashing dammit.

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
In SSB the Master Hand was a perfect boss. Then SSBM was one boss away from kinda watering it down. The FD Battle wasn't legit enough b/c u had 2 face Giga Bowser and 2 playable characters. It would have been better off only as GB even tho it was alot harder wid all 3 characters as the bosses. Then in the Adventure Mode I think the end boss was hurried so they just threw Bowser in for good measure. It would have been better if u fought both Hands like in the event match, or just a totally different character.

In SSBB I think the Classic Mode should still only have small matches and then the Master Hand. The story mode should feature stage bosses like people mentioned before. On a Mario Board, you'd face a Bomb Omb or Bowser. A Dk board would feature KIng K Rool, if he isn't a playable character. And a Kirby board should defffff feature that cloub with the lightning bolts, he def rocked!!! But the end Boss in Story Mode or a new Sdventure Mode would be a non-playable character just to add to it. SO in the end un-playable Boss Characters=GOOD. Too many playable bosses ends up seeming not as significant. And in Brawls case they should have a variety of un-playable Bosses and ofcourse the Master Hand somewhere down the road.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Because it would seem overdone.. sorta I can't really explain it. It would seem that putting too much content into like a story mode would make things better but it's really not, they need to just go the original way and stick with the master hand and not tell all the characters life story, it's about smashing dammit.
It wouldn't have like cut scene's or anything. IDK what mode the bosses would be in.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
In SSB the Master Hand was a perfect boss. Then SSBM was one boss away from kinda watering it down. The FD Battle wasn't legit enough b/c u had 2 face Giga Bowser and 2 playable characters. It would have been better off only as GB even tho it was alot harder wid all 3 characters as the bosses. Then in the Adventure Mode I think the end boss was hurried so they just threw Bowser in for good measure. It would have been better if u fought both Hands like in the event match, or just a totally different character.

In SSBB I think the Classic Mode should still only have small matches and then the Master Hand. The story mode should feature stage bosses like people mentioned before. On a Mario Board, you'd face a Bomb Omb or Bowser. A Dk board would feature KIng K Rool, if he isn't a playable character. And a Kirby board should defffff feature that cloub with the lightning bolts, he def rocked!!! But the end Boss in Story Mode or a new Sdventure Mode would be a non-playable character just to add to it. SO in the end un-playable Boss Characters=GOOD. Too many playable bosses ends up seeming not as significant. And in Brawls case they should have a variety of un-playable Bosses and ofcourse the Master Hand somewhere down the road.

Exactly. I DON'T want playable characters as bosses. It isn't any fun that way. Bosses are supposed to be the big bad guys who have an advantage over you. They are supposed to be a CHALLENGE. Maybe there should be a challenge mode. You fight bosses the whole time. Lol, I could live with that.

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
Sumbdy's a Dr. Mario fan haha. Dr. Mario was the **** n would b sick as a full original character. If G&W isn't playable i'd like to see a G&W board as as boss of him or atleast an AT of him.....if not ****s hittin the fan!!!!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
You know now that I think of it, Event Mode was pretty much a bunch of boss fights. It was giving you're opponent the advantage over you. Although, this time around, maybe they could add groupings of events. Like part 1. you do five events, and at the end, you face a boss. A non playable boss. part 2. five events. then boss. non playable boss. OR adventure mode. When you complete a characters 'chapter', if you will (his/her set of stages...or a game's set of stages), you fight a boss from that game/series. Perhaps not the games final boss, but a traditional boss. For kirby, it would be Kracko. For DK, Army Dillo. Mario-King Bobomb. And so forth...

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
i created my projected list as a 'who-faces-what' in the final match of classic. No story, just someone faces off someone in the end.

Dr. Mario with Anthrax Final Smash vs. Everybody.
pwned

I say Yay either way, though I disagree with the list
how so? one main boss for everyone or just i messed up?

Top Bottom