• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Fights In Brawl-yay Or Nay?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea. It appears as if there is already a story mode. And boss fights don't exactly explain a characters story. that is what cutscenes are for. Which are USUALLY skippable, even though personally, I like cutscenes. Also, it'd only be one mode. I think classic should remain exactly how it is. Maybe the list could apply to Adventure instead. Because as someone else pointed out, (sorry the name has escaped me), they just through bowser with a slight growth spurt in there. Character-specific end bosses would be great for Adventure mode.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Don't quite see how that ties into htis, but yah! And Got Blood?, I agree, it'd work better with story mode, but it would still work good.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The Story Mode would be the one filled with cut-scenes and the Classic Mode would be the one against Master-Hand/Crazy-Hand/The-Master... Of Course in the Classic you have to fight someone metal...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well yah. I think classic mode should stay as it always has. Story mode would be the one with all the stuff...and adventure mode would only replace Bowser with a character specific boss, I guess...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Um, I didn't know there was another thread like this. I tried searching, but for some reason on my crummy dial-up computer I'm using right now, when I try to search, my comp freezes??! But I'll check that thread out.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh that's fine I'm glad someone else has the same ideas. With the AT's this idea isn't too far off. If you make the Boss characters AT with a weak point that has to be hit enough times then this would work really well.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Heh heh that's fine I'm glad someone else has the same ideas. With the AT's this idea isn't too far off. If you make the Boss characters AT with a weak point that has to be hit enough times then this would work really well.
Yah, but Sakurai said that most AT's are invincible...wait, MOST AT's...

And yah, dial-up sucks lol...
I'm glad I've got good internet at my other casa...haha

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think smash's purpose (besides that we getta kick *** and have fun as nintendo characters) is to bring aspects or parts of all the nintendo games out there. And a boss fight would really help with that, don't you all agree?

Hanus 5

Smash Cadet
Well, IMO single player smash was never really all that much fun in the first place, so hey, it couldn't really hurt anything.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I think smash's purpose (besides that we getta kick *** and have fun as nintendo characters) is to bring aspects or parts of all the nintendo games out there. And a boss fight would really help with that, don't you all agree?
They did this when they put in Adventure mode so Boss mode should give the same effect. I'm wondering what bosses could they pull from the Zelda series. I mean Ganondorf it playable and most likely he will transform into Ganon for a FS.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
They did this when they put in Adventure mode so Boss mode should give the same effect. I'm wondering what bosses could they pull from the Zelda series. I mean Ganondorf it playable and most likely he will transform into Ganon for a FS.
I'm not a massive expert on the LoZ series, but I'm guessing considering Ganondorf (and Ganon as FS possibly) will be playable, they might throw in Vaati (if not playable) or if he's taken maybe Zant or something? I only say Zant just because he is recent, or maybe Skull Kid or something? I really can't think of any "famous-ish" villians.

Heh I'd rather just battle Tingle :chuckle:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
They didn't really do a GREAT job with adventure mode. There was only a few levels that were 'adventure-ous.' The rest of the levels were just the stages. Adventure was pretty much the old classic mode, in that you knew who you were going 2 fight next and such. Which is ok, since its adventure, but it didn't do good enough, it needs more levels like the MKushroom Kingdom, but from more games. I think, this time around, Adventure mode should have stages like Mushroom Kingdom or the LoZ maze for ALL the characters, instead of just four. I don't really count Samus's...and Cp. Falcon's wasn't all that great either...

You complete the adventure stage, then fight the character, then fight a boss from that character's game, then move on to the next level, and repeat. Then, at the very end, you face you're characters main boss or something.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I think the idea for Boss battles works even better with a storyline! The site says it will use each character's unique backgrounds and such, so having bosses like Kracko from Kirby, or maybe a good Zelda boss, like bongo bongo or twinrova? Or Kraid from Metrod? That would be kickass.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Absolutly Yay. With the new cutscenes I could see a small (5 seconds) one for each character introducing the boss. I'd love to see a Mario/Luigi Giga Bowser battle, And Yosh/Peach Baby Bowser battle. Everyone here had awesome Ideas!

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Anyone remember Marx from Kirby Super Star? A lot of innovation for SSB comes from that game/series. The Marx Fight would be a completely feasible Smash Boss.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=32TMLDPwokk

There's one "final move" that Marx performs in the last minute of the video if you decide stop watching it early.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight as a final boss? Metaknight has been nothing more but an antagonist; he more often than not is fighting for the same cause as Kirby, with the only exception ever being "Revenge of Meta Knight" in KSS.

But... I'm not saying that I'm necessarily an advocate for Marx, but it's a point that these types of fights are a trend.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Such as...hmm I guess The Hands, Gannondorf/Ganon, MetaKnight...Sorry I guess for me it is hard to find reasonable bosses, I have a tendancy to mainly think that a boss battle as Mario vs. Bowser/GigaBowser...Luigi rarly fights with mario (see Paper Marios and some before it). And yes it would be a Good Vs. Bad system so the Bad would fight the Good as bosses...

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
Somebody may have mentioned this before... but they could include a serperate mode similar to Event Matches where players can progress through unlocking fights with ridiculously large bosses. For example... a "Boss Mode". Highly original title, no?

That leaves the Event Matches to be what they were intended to be. Mainly silly (but usually fun) scenarios… like KO 128 tiny Marios for no apparent reason.

inside

Smash Journeyman
And it would be cool if you play as the bad guy, the last boss would be the good guy, for example, you play as bowser and at the end you get to face mario.

Top Bottom