• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss's freestylin Thread.....UPDATED!!! NEWS..

boss8

Smash Hero
Many of us main mario but for what reason?????

is it cause he is original classic...or your old school gamin buddy...etc..

enough of that..

many combos can be freestyled on the spot if u have any questions or...in need...of any advice boss is here ....and so are the following...

Not-Beef

????????

Monk

Thanks and ask away..

gurantee combos..

Ike-Bair...reverse..utilt..utilt..utilt..Etc.....this works with most heavy charcters such as...fox..falco..ganon..wolf...bowser...donkeykong...etc

if u need help ask away.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I main Mario because I've always enjoyed Mario, more importantly I see a lot of metagame potential with Mario.

boss8

Smash Hero
does your minplay incorparated when u play mario..cause mine isn't mario is basically like breakdancing.....you don't no what your gonna do next until u have done it then your like ****...how did dat work!!!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
does your minplay incorparated when u play mario..cause mine isn't mario is basically like breakdancing.....you don't no what your gonna do next until u have done it then your like ****...how did dat work!!!
I didn't fully understand that but if you mean you live in the current situation and do **** as you go...then **** yeah that's so me

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If this is an appropriate thread, I have a matchup question concerning Snake. I've played against the(arguably) best player in state, who mains Snake, and I feel stuck. Bairs seem to be my only chance against him, as his Ftilt out of shield has more range than any of my other options. I can't approach from above either, cuz that Utilt has insane priority. I was just wondering how the more knowledgable Mario players coped with this disadvantage, as well as any other strategies.
Also, I don't have any videos to demonstrate, but I can have some up in the next month or so, but that's kinda long to wait.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Approach with fireballs and space with F.L.U.D.D. if you feel you're being out-ranged by his attacks or if you're being pressured. Also, the stutter step for Mario's Fsmash is long and should be able to out-range most of Snake's attacks if you space it well.

If you're having trouble with snakedashing or Snake's dash attack, try to predict when he'll snakedash or use his dash attack (Cape snakedashes and shield grab dash attacks; snakedashes are hard to cape because they're fast and if you don't think you can cape it just dodge and try your best to punish it).

*My friend plays a good Snake but I always beat him...he commits suicide with his C4s when he realizes he's about to lose...going out in style I guess...it sounds lame but it's actually very funny*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nah infinite ?s that's not what I have to worry bout. He doesn't play fast by any means. He either throws nades/ Nikita missles from a distance, or he walks up to me and usually shields. He almost never snakedashes, so I don't really worry bout that. If he gets used to me waiting on him to drop the shield, he can ftilt, if I misspace my Bair, or try another aerial, then it gets Utilted. Sometimes he walks up to me, shields momentarily, then grabs to either hit me with a falling nade or whatever bomb comes out of his Usmash. Basically my problem is: how do I deal with a shielding Snake?

???????

Smash Journeyman
I think I know what you mean but try using the F.L.U.D.D. to make sure he can't put himself into idea range for any of his attacks and punish any mistakes he makes trying to work around the F.L.U.D.D.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ohhh I think I might understand that now. Hmmm, well I won't get to see him again for a while, but I appreciate the help, and I'll get back to ya, probly with vids, to let ya know how I do.

boss8

Smash Hero
for R.O.B id say space yourself and a safe way to approach is with fireballs....R.O.B's downsmash has alot of priority which makes him ridicoulous on the ground......get a grab in and Dthrow at low percentages or you can do fireball approach which is...

fireball----close to him----A.A.A. then Dair or run away and repeat the process

Snake-an annoying match-up considering i play people like Azen M2k and Chudat......space!!!...it helps alot!!..
if he throws grenades at you throw them back.....snake can be very hard to kill vertically so focus on the fireball approach and Dsmash.....also once snake is off stage and in the air it's pretty easy to get a cape on him or spray with the water gun...keep snake in the air to keep him pressured.....and read his airdodges.

BTW thanks ????? your a big help!!!

Top Bottom