• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bots = good training?

PyroChan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9463-3409
Well, I'm continuing my training with snake, watching Psycho ******* Videos, analyzing them, and trying them out on lvl 9 bots.

After a while, lvl 9's start to get pretty predictable, and continually fall for the same tricks. So my question is: is fighting bots a good way to practice/train?

I'm guessing that I need to get a couple of FC's and/or possibly join a clan and see what I can learn from real people rather than bots. What do you guys think?

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
No, they're not. Unless you are really good at pulling all your mindgames straight out of your ***.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Without practice against real people, you won't be able to learn how people adapt to your style, and work around your mindgames. You also won't learn how to fight against specific stratagies, or how to handle certain situations that a CPU wouldn't be able to put you in.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Play online, or play versus other people with friend codes.

I usually practice against CPUs with grabs and stickies :p. (powershield, stick).

Kaze127

Smash Rookie
find some people, play against them. i have the same prblem sometimes, computers are way to predictable and so easy. edge hogging them is too easy lol. but ya just look for people who are good (try to find ones better than you are) and practice with them, especially if playing snake. the reason why i say especially with snake is that the point to play snake is to be tricky with your moves and become a sneaky *******, so you need to see wat will and will not fake out real players.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I'm actually part of a clan with a decent amount of good snakes. They're helping me get better.

PyroChan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9463-3409
wow, so how do i find people to brawl. It's a lot harder then i thought it was. . .

Tyson651

Smash Lord
look at the regional zones forum and look for people in ur area.

dont play online.

friends are ok, but i still say no unless u have no choice.

PyroChan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9463-3409
yeah i just got done playing some noobs online. It wasn't a very pretty sight at all

1st of all the person had items turned on
2nd it was 4 on 4 free for all, and I suck at that
3rd, the lag was HORRIBLE.

I'm trying to join this clan called Fire Star, Perhaps they can help me if I become a regular there or something.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Try playing someone more regional (the farther they are the more it will lag usually). And if you play "with anyone" that means its usually a 4 player FFA with items on. If you want custom matches (say 1 on 1 with no items) you gotta get friend codes.

umop ap!sdn

Smash Rookie
You're on a board full of smash fans, of all skill levels.

Just exchange friend codes with people, they'll be glad to play you.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
didnt really read the thread (sorry) but the general answer is no.

this is because you gain the same habits that would work against bots, but would obviously not work against people. now you have 3? options--

look for people online
practice in training mode
find people to smash with

Top Bottom