• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom Tier List Tourney for Smash Sundays 4-26-09 Hamden, CT

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've seen low tier tournaments allow 1 Stock MKs, Popos, and Lolimar (no pikmin).

How about ZSS without armor? :D

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh man if this was a 10 dollar tourney or more I'd actually come up here for this. I've been trying to get ppl to do a tourney with the bottom half of the tier list, and I'd get to use all Sheik/Zelda :). If there's one that's even remotely bigger than this in the future I'll definitely go. Good luck with this though; wish I was close enough to just go for the fun of it :(

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Oh man if this was a 10 dollar tourney or more I'd actually come up here for this. I've been trying to get ppl to do a tourney with the bottom half of the tier list, and I'd get to use all Sheik/Zelda :). If there's one that's even remotely bigger than this in the future I'll definitely go. Good luck with this though; wish I was close enough to just go for the fun of it :(
I wish you could come. See if anyone is carpooling. Ya, my friends and I were talking at a bar about smash one day. And we all have our low tier chars that we love but it's just not logical to bring them out in a tourney except in the rarest circumstances when you have the fight chars like MK and the like. So I was like, lets just do a low tier tourney. It kinda spawned out of that. So you should def check if any1 is carpooling. There's also a tourney the day b4 right near ours. Actually it's only like 4 min away from my house :) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226717

Maybe it will tempt you and any1 else coming to this one to go to both. Make a weekend out of it. I know I will.:p

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link and ZSS are both better than Luigi.
Agreed, to a point. I wish ZSS was in it... I'd rather play her then all but one other char on this list. But it's all done according to tier list as to avoid fighting over opinionated players. I think it'll be fun regardless. I can't wait :D

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
lol

toon link isnt even close to how good weegee is. it's really not even a comparison.
Not talking individual matchups. Purely an overall tier list comparison.

You going to come for some fun this weekend? I know I'm going to see you at Noodle's thing at least. This one is only like 10-15 away from that one.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
lol

toon link isnt even close to how good weegee is. it's really not even a comparison.
SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/spinoffs-and-cameos/86483-japanese-brawl-tier-list.html

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1318683-brawl-tier-list-ver-2-thread-2-fox-has-666-points/

I guess we all must be missing something. Please inform us as to why Luigi is better than Pit. Pit is arguably the most technical character in this game alongside Diddy Kong. There are Pits who can shuttle loop there arrows while approaching and its absolutely ****. Luigi is a really good/underrated character and he has moved up on the tier list since the last one made but he does not place well in tournaments unless your name is Boss. Besides, if Luigi is so good you should play him then and just win this tournament then since hes so broken. Luigi is not that hard to gimp and hes not that difficult to kill IMO.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/spinoffs-and-cameos/86483-japanese-brawl-tier-list.html

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1318683-brawl-tier-list-ver-2-thread-2-fox-has-666-points/

I guess we all must be missing something. Please inform us as to why Luigi is better than Pit. Pit is arguably the most technical character in this game alongside Diddy Kong. There are Pits who can shuttle loop there arrows while approaching and its absolutely ****. Luigi is a really good/underrated character and he has moved up on the tier list since the last one made but he does not place well in tournaments unless your name is Boss. Besides, if Luigi is so good you should play him then and just win this tournament then since hes so broken. Luigi is not that hard to gimp and hes not that difficult to kill IMO.

old tier lists =/= anything

name me one pit that places well in big tournies. find one.

ill name 3 weegees who place well in hard regions/big tournies - boss, jbands (recently took 3rd at a big nj tourny 2 stocking adhd 2 games ina row), biglou

weegee is amazing and has the representation, i would put money on it that he jumps to high tier next tier list.

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Yea....I used Sheik, Samus, Puff, Fox, Mario, and Boozer.
You're samus dominated my jiggz. It was freaking scary. I really didn't know what to do. I was forced into playing a campy wolf. It scaryed me!

On a side note. Wolf seemed to dominate most of the low tiers. Power hits plus amazing projectile + reflector seems to really add up and almost overshadow his bad recovery.

OVERVIEW

These were really fun and interesting matches that you don't normally see in a competitive environment. In that regard it was a success. I'm sure I'm not the only one that enjoyed a lot of relatively unknown and seldom seen matchups :)

Problems: There was not a big turnout. I would have liked to see more people. I'm not going to be able to host these for much longer as our casual venue's lease is almost up. Not to mention finals, and me running out of state for a few weeks. If any1 has a good idea to be able to keep this thing (smash sundays in general) going, I'm all ears.

I had a great time though. I like the game and the competative environment no matter how small or big it is. I hope to see you all again soon. Thanks for coming!

Top Bottom