• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr Changes 1.1.1

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Tested. there is NO difference in jr.'s dsmash shield damage. definitely a placebo.

As for the jab...I really could not tell a difference in it at all :/. Jr. appears to be unchanged.

If there is some difference in the code, it doesn't appear to make any noticeable or meaningful difference to jab or downsmash. Damn, I was looking forward to downsmash being like pound!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Tested. there is NO difference in jr.'s dsmash shield damage. definitely a placebo.

As for the jab...I really could not tell a difference in it at all :/. Jr. appears to be unchanged.

If there is some difference in the code, it doesn't appear to make any noticeable or meaningful difference to jab or downsmash. Damn, I was looking forward to downsmash being like pound!
This sounds more like you didn't made the update properly, as the shield damage is noticeable

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
This sounds more like you didn't made the update properly, as the shield damage is noticeable
no hes right, i tested it too, and there really was no difference if it went from 1 -> 10. 10 times the shield damage would probably make it an automatic shield break

the dataminer said he accidentally misread the code and he was looking at the get up attack damage

Shog

Smash Ace
no hes right, i tested it too, and there really was no difference if it went from 1 -> 10. 10 times the shield damage would probably make it an automatic shield break

the dataminer said he accidentally misread the code and he was looking at the get up attack damage
Sorry for confusion than, maybe I had equipment or something, I dunno. I just noticed more shield.damage with down smash

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
  • (N-Special 3) ending reduced by 14 frames
They finally give Bowser Jr. a frame data buff to his neutral special, but to his custom version. His standard neutral special could've used that buff so badly. All of the neutral specials he has should've been given that buff. His wind box neutral special seems like it totally outclasses his standard one now. :/

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the Buff on air cannon is awesome, but sadly I am not the one that play with customs D:

also, a hugely big placebo but worth a shot to say it anyway cause its hard to see IASAS/Allow Interrupt:
UpB hiding into launch feels some frames faster and UpB Launch seems to reach the highest point of UpB faster with same amount of frames

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
With the new global shield stun formula, can Junior drill safely on shield now? I don't have a console so I cant test, but in theory the additional shield stun + the lag reduction on hit from 1.1.0 would allow Junior to do an attack like ftilt or jab before the opponent can shield grab/dash+attack

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I saw it too and I need to test a thing at the lab!

I am thinking of Z-Drop the MK into DAir into FSmash/DSmash! it could potentionally break shield!

also, Jr will gain alot from the shield stun mechanic, especially with SideB is much safer on shield

The_ToolBag

Smash Cadet
NNID
mr.kasabii7
Ive already been labbing some shield break stuff before this patch, so this is what i've found so far
* Dair is a lot safer on shield
* Kart is also safe on shield now, for the most part.
* Fsmash is nearly nonpunishable now, which is awesome

Here are some things to remember when it comes to shield breaks, pokes, and pressure.
*Downsmash and Fsmash high the highest possibility to break shields, Up-b is also good
*Bair and Fair short hop autocancel, so with increase shield stun, try approach bair to fsmash, or downsmash
*up thrown mechs-> dair -> exploding mech -> Downsmash may be confirmed now because of shield stun
*A mech can be regrabbed and not harm you when it explodes. Regrab a mech while dairing and then if timed correctly, it may explode giving you enough time to d-smash

None of this stuff is confirmed, but a lot of it was already possible, so I'll let you know if I figure anything out, and please let me know too

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Ive already been labbing some shield break stuff before this patch, so this is what i've found so far
* Dair is a lot safer on shield
* Kart is also safe on shield now, for the most part.
* Fsmash is nearly nonpunishable now, which is awesome

None of this stuff is confirmed, but a lot of it was already possible, so I'll let you know if I figure anything out, and please let me know too
*Dair is marginally safer, still punishable, just a tad less so.
*Side B on shield nearly doubling in hitstun is nice, still probably punishable by frame 3 nairs though, plus powershields are still a thing to look out for
*Fsmash only has 9 frames of shield stun, up from 6. This makes it -13 on hit. That's still super punishable.

Last edited:

The_ToolBag

Smash Cadet
NNID
mr.kasabii7
*Dair is marginally safer, still punishable, just a tad less so.
*Side B on shield nearly doubling in hitstun is nice, still probably punishable by frame 3 nairs though, plus powershields are still a thing to look out for
*Fsmash only has 9 frames of shield stun, up from 6. This makes it -13 on hit. That's still super punishable.
Fmash is very safe on shield if spaced correctly, because it creates pushback and velocity in the opposite direction, creating a slowed down momentum, like luigi slow run. If mech is thrown in the air, then it is especially safe, as the mech lands when you finish the smash. If spaced incorrectly, you can get punished tho

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Fmash is very safe on shield if spaced correctly, because it creates pushback and velocity in the opposite direction, creating a slowed down momentum, like luigi slow run. If mech is thrown in the air, then it is especially safe, as the mech lands when you finish the smash. If spaced incorrectly, you can get punished tho
There's less shield pushback than there used to be. What you're describing actually sort of makes a point for it being MORE safe prior to the patch.

Top Bottom