• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Thread (Shadow Mario idea included!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I was sitting in the car today. Pretty much a rainy day, or more like a pure washshout. So, I kept thinking of SSBB to past the time. I thought about what characters that have been added and what characters some of you guys have already suggested. Thinking about Diddy Kong, my mind drifted to Mario Superstar Baseball. That's when I though of Bowser Jr. and Shadow mario. I thought it was intresting that I haven't thought of them.

So, what do you guys think about these two? I was kind of thinking of them as a pair, actually that's what I though of Shadow mario for. I liked the idea for Bowser, but I thought since Bowser Jr. is shadow mario, why not have them switch back and forth like Zelda and Sheik?

Maybe it is just me but I think that Bowser jr, is a pretty known character in the Mario universe. He was basically the main cause of Super Mario Sunshine. I was also thinking though that Bowser jr wouldn't be a clone to bowser really. Though he is a bowser, he is small and weilds a paint brush ( which sounds cool).

So, I would be happy Bowser jr if added to the game. I am not sure what his chances are of being there, but I think he is a good character to add. Tell me what you think!

Please tell me if this topic has been used, I do not want to have an issue. Thanks! :)

-SMB

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Yeah. If they had the Zelda/Sheik thing going for them...that'd rule. And I agree; Bowser Jr. wouldn't be a Bowser clone. I see him with more of a ninja-like moveset. Same for Shadow Mario; the paintbrush changes pretty much everything

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I would love for Baby Bowser to be in. Mario Power Tennis Specials are kind of a preview for BowserJr's potential moveset, and it looks pretty good. Also the changing would be interesting also, it seems possible but I would rather have BowserJr with another B move.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
That's cool and all but.........................

If they add Shadow Mario, might as well add Sunshine Mario with the water gun. And I don't think that should be in there. Although I can see the gun's third form, [jet boost thing] as his recovery. Either way, I don't think Sunshine Mario should be in it.

If they added Baby Bowser based from somewhere else, that'd be cool. But otherwise, nah.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Sorry, I don't like the idea.

For one, I hate clones, so I'm not going to agree with any "clone" idea. Bowser Jr. is unique enough as a character to be able to have his own "move-set", as well as the ability to use different moves than his father. The paintbrush, the mask, his mischief-like attitude, it would suit Smash really well. I would not like the idea of Shadow Mario. Bowser Jr. is fine as he is.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Ok, thank you for your opinions. I was wondering if you guys would care for Shadow Mario or not, but if you don't care for shadow mario please try to dicuss just Bowser Jr. Thank you :)

Also, The Shadow Mario idea is just part of the idea. Please know that it is not meant to be the majority of the toipic.

-SMB

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
SMB PORTAL said:
What did you have in mind?
-SMB
Like Kereokacola said, Shadow mario 'would' seem like a clone. Also it might overshadow BowserJr as a character *points at Zelda*

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Noypi_GjD said:
Like Kereokacola said, Shadow mario 'would' seem like a clone. Also it might overshadow BowserJr as a character *points at Zelda*
Sorry, I forgot to specify. I meant, what did you have in mind to replace the B move.

-SMB

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I think the idea of Bowser Jr. solo is fine.

Give him the mask (unveil the mask for an alternate costume) and the paintbrush gives call for a potentially great character. I just wish they would have given him a more original name, other than "Bowser Jr."

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lets see, Paintbrush would be cool, also, in NSMB, Junior can pull out and throw green koopa shells. Maybe do that for foreward B. He could also have a fire-breathing move that works very differently than Bowser's. they could be more like missile attacks, like the fireballs Bowser breathes in Mario 1, 3, and "New." (Heh, he randomly breathes a blue "Homing" fireball. That could be a homing beam.

What would also be cool is if when he connected with his paintbrush, the victim's costume color changed. Turn a "Nurse" Peach into a "Daisy." You could really mess with people's minds in Team battles using that move.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Bowser is like a powerhouse, whereas Bowser Jr. seems more like the type to use gadgets and gizmo's to attack his enemies.

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
Isnt Bowser junior from Sunshine and Baby Bowser is that thing you fight at the end of yoshi island?
They are different.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
There was a thread opened with this idea before this thread called: "Two characters for melee!!"

Which it gave this idea (which I think it'll RULE!!!) and a Diddy/Dixie Kong team like the IC's. So if you didn't cheated the idea from him, I recommend you to do a mini research so you don't do the same mistake for other ideas.

And for the sunshine Mario, I think FLUDD'll be an item not a character.

..........later

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
That's cool and all but.........................

If they add Shadow Mario, might as well add Sunshine Mario with the water gun. And I don't think that should be in there. Although I can see the gun's third form, [jet boost thing] as his recovery. Either way, I don't think Sunshine Mario should be in it.

If they added Baby Bowser based from somewhere else, that'd be cool. But otherwise, nah.
no they wouldn't why would you have to add one character to go with another Shadow Mario would be an attachment of Bowser Jr. wheras Sunshine or FLUDD mario is just mario with a water gun on his back they don't have to be togther it's just pointless

dotdotdot! said:
Lets see, Paintbrush would be cool, also, in NSMB, Junior can pull out and throw green koopa shells. Maybe do that for foreward B. He could also have a fire-breathing move that works very differently than Bowser's. they could be more like missile attacks, like the fireballs Bowser breathes in Mario 1, 3, and "New." (Heh, he randomly breathes a blue "Homing" fireball. That could be a homing beam.

What would also be cool is if when he connected with his paintbrush, the victim's costume color changed. Turn a "Nurse" Peach into a "Daisy." You could really mess with people's minds in Team battles using that move.
i like the costume changing...sounds interesting lol

Mikey yin15

Smash Rookie
You guys are all forgeting that Baby Bowser has been in other games besides Sunshine. Just becuase he's in there doesnt mean Mario FLUDD has to also.

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
Mikey yin15 said:
You guys are all forgeting that Baby Bowser has been in other games besides Sunshine. Just becuase he's in there doesnt mean Mario FLUDD has to also.
Bowser Jr you mean. Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I say yes to both, they would be nice additions to SSBB seeing as they (especially Bowser Jr.) are in most of the newer games. =D But if you're going to add Shadow Mario, it'd be just as good to add Dark Link...=P

NukeA6

Smash Master
No to Bowser Jr. If he's gonna be in, he's gonna be just like he is in most games. He won't be carrying a paintbrush and transforming into Shadow Mario (that was only in one game). He would just end up being a clone of Bowser.

Kubba

Smash Cadet
maybe as a super move bowser jr. could shoot the screen with paint and start laughing, causing all oponents controls to be reversed for 15 seconds
just a thought. comments on that please
--Kubba

icymatt

Smash Lord
Hi-dee-ho, folks! Bowser Jr. is an inttriguing idea, and would be a very interesting character if done properly.

One thing that could be done with Jr. is have him gain the ability to alter the battlefield. Not in a major way, but with that magic paintbrush of his spreading gunk everywhere, he could have attacks that make the ground slippery for a short period. I also like the idea that with the same attacks, he can screw with players as well.

Here's the moveset I created for him, demonstrating these unique abilities:

Stats:
Power-Mid
Jump-Mid
Speed-High
Size-Low
Weight-Low

B=Grafitti Creation- Bowser Jr. creates a puddle on the ground with his brush, and 1 of 2 creatures will randomly appear from it and attacks. These include:
*Piranah Plant- Spits a ball of goo at your opponents.
*Phantamanta- Flies across the field.

<>B=Grafitti Dash- Bowser Jr. slides his brush across the floor of the field, slamming into opponents. The goo on the ground makes it slippery for a few seconds.

/\B=Rocket Brush- A flying attack with the paintbrush, covers anyone it touches in goo, decreasing their traction.

\/B=Shadow Mario- Changes to Shadow Mario, which increases his power, jumping, and size, but makes him lose traction and speed. While in Shadow Mario-form, this move changes him back to Bowser Jr. Returns to Bowser Jr. form after being KO'd.

Super: Mecha Bowser appears from below and shoots a fire blast.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Hi-dee-ho, folks! Bowser Jr. is an inttriguing idea, and would be a very interesting character if done properly.

One thing that could be done with Jr. is have him gain the ability to alter the battlefield. Not in a major way, but with that magic paintbrush of his spreading gunk everywhere, he could have attacks that make the ground slippery for a short period. I also like the idea that with the same attacks, he can screw with players as well.

Here's the moveset I created for him, demonstrating these unique abilities:

Stats:
Power-Mid
Jump-Mid
Speed-High
Size-Low
Weight-Low

B=Grafitti Creation- Bowser Jr. creates a puddle on the ground with his brush, and 1 of 2 creatures will randomly appear from it and attacks. These include:
*Piranah Plant- Spits a ball of goo at your opponents.
*Phantamanta- Flies across the field.

<>B=Grafitti Dash- Bowser Jr. slides his brush across the floor of the field, slamming into opponents. The goo on the ground makes it slippery for a few seconds.

/\B=Rocket Brush- A flying attack with the paintbrush, covers anyone it touches in goo, decreasing their traction.

\/B=Shadow Mario- Changes to Shadow Mario, which increases his power, jumping, and size, but makes him lose traction and speed. While in Shadow Mario-form, this move changes him back to Bowser Jr. Returns to Bowser Jr. form after being KO'd.

Super: Mecha Bowser appears from below and shoots a fire blast.
Pretty good moveset.

I can't believe that this thread is still getting replies, because I haven't seen it lately, and it's my thread!:confused:

Thanks for all the opinions.

-SMB

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
First off, Bowser Jr. has definitely got to be one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time. Any game with him in it just makes me excited to play.

Anyhow, I had an interesting idea for how we could incorperate his paintbrush:

BDown - Paint Brush: Bowser Jr. uses his paint brush and paints himself in the likeness of a random character, similiar to when Kirby swallows someone (ex. he gains Mario's hat, Falcon's helmet, etc.), but without the control of whose attack you gain. While he is painted this way he has access to a b-move of that character (not sure if it should be regular b, smash b, or b down, def. not b up) in place of this attack. He could only copy applicable attacks (so if he copied down b moves, he couldn't copy zelda/sheik, or he would have to copy a different one of their attacks). This could be canceled by using Bowser Jr.'s taunt (would have to be a fast taunt to make this playable). It's kind of similiar to Kirby's Swallow, but without as much utility (swallowcide, spit out, etc.) and with its own unique feel (he could even copy different moves). What do you guys think?

Against

Smash Cadet
I found Bowser JR. Annoying in most mario games.
I would rather just have shadow mario :/

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. His existance is just so Nintendo could condense Bowser's original 7 kids (who are each vastly, vastly superior + 1 to Bowser Jr. in every shape and form) into one character.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but there is no way I can support the guy who replaced the Koopalings(I miss you Iggy and Lemmy), hell, I'd rather Waluigi.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well I could think of some specials easily here are my ideas
B - Fireball, Bowser Jr Spits out a fireball.

B > - Koopa Shell, Bowser Jr throws a Koopa shell towards whic ever way he is facing

B ^ - Shell Spin, Same as Bowser's just weaker

B v - Transform to Shadow Mario

Shadow Mario
B - Grapheti Blob - Shadow Mario draws a blob of graphetti and one of those Jelly monster things comes out

B > - Graphetti Ball - Shadow Mario starts to Draw a ball of Goo infront of him (Chargeable) and then he throws it foward.

B ^ - Paintbrush Push - Shadow Mario Lunges himself upwards with his paintbrush

B v - Transform into Bowser Jr.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Here's my idea on Bowser Jr.'s super smash (I put this in "Create your own trailer" thread)

SUPERSMASH- Paint Wave:
Bowser Jr. paints a line in front of him and then swipes his paintbrush up to create a huge wave of paint. It will do about 30-50% damage. And as a added affect the floor will have random graffti on it and make it slippery.

This is some of Pyro's B specials for B.J. (it was the only BJ specials I like)

B = Goo ball: shoots a ball of goo, can be charged making the goo bigger, but cant be stored

B + side = Paint spin, jr gets hides in his shell, and puts the brush on top (similar to bowser's B^ but no distance going up) but fires at high speed.

B + up = Jr. helicopter, Jr leaps spinning hi brush in a helicopter/ninjas sword fashion & makes his brushe's
tip a mace or something made of goo. Will hover like peach up B put still does damage.

B + down= Graffiti shockwave, Bowser Jr. slam his brush on the ground creating a small shockwave of paint. high knock back.

Remember Pyro's not mine only the Super smash, paint spin, and graffiti shock wave is mine.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Well both would be pretty cool I guess? I mean I wouldn't be using them but Baby Bowser would be okay to see in the game. I mean it would just be like the Link and Younge Link thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom