• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser mains, what are your secondaries?

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
Well in Brawl and Melee, I always had a :4ganondorf:. Now when the game first dropped, was using :4wiifit:. She was the only character that I actually enjoyed. However, she seems like a character that should be mained instead of a secondary, and I feel my Bowser play is being hindered. So I'm planning on dropping her and going full King Koopa.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
My secondary is :4drmario:: friends of mine asked me why did I choose him instead of Mario?
My answer is: MELEE NOSTALGIA! \o/
And I quite played well with him, but I wanna make sure if I played correctly.
How?
To fight good players! :D
The problem is I only play in 3DS, and most of people played with WiiU version. So that's kinda difficult to find a good player who sticked with a 3DS.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
My secondary is :4mewtwo:

I think it helps to have a character with a different kit for attacking and defending, while staying big so that my shielding doesn't get too scrambled if I switch.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Still feeling Gdorf and D3 the most after Bowser. I've tried to like DK but something about him just doesn't feel right...

Also, I will be maining the f**k out of K.Rool if he is added to the game. He would probably be even heavier than Bowser...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been having hell for over a year finding a secondary for Bowser. At my local tournaments, the only characters that seriously give me hell are zoning characters like :rosalina:and :4villager:. I've thought about trying to use projectile reflecting characters like :4fox:or even :4palutena: but nothing has really sticked for covering these matchups. My playstyle is fundamentals based that rushdown is not advisable for me, but I'm extremely good with positioning. Would :4zss:supplement these matchup issues?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Still feeling Gdorf and D3 the most after Bowser. I've tried to like DK but something about him just doesn't feel right...

Also, I will be maining the f**k out of K.Rool if he is added to the game. He would probably be even heavier than Bowser...
I dont play as bowser often but i main DDD & Ganon and also will 1000% main the hell out of K.Rool its what im hoping... i really hope he will be added.

Also i dont think sakurai will make him heavier than bowser...i think he will be somewhere between DK & DDD or between DDD & Charizard.

If i agree with that im not sure....
He should be 2nd heaviest or atleast tied with DK in weight.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Also i dont think sakurai will make him heavier than bowser...i think he will be somewhere between DK & DDD or between DDD & Charizard.
I wish I could find some meaningful metric for comparison, but none of it ultimately means anything.

K. Rool has always been portrayed as 4-5X DK's size, unlike Bowser who has ranged from only slightly larger than Mario to the size of a damn castle. Again, that ultimately doesn't mean anything for how big they'd actually make him, though, but there's at least precedent for him being ginormous.

I hope he doesn't fall under the same heading as poor Ridley did (aka "too damn big")...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wish I could find some meaningful metric for comparison, but none of it ultimately means anything.

K. Rool has always been portrayed as 4-5X DK's size, unlike Bowser who has ranged from only slightly larger than Mario to the size of a damn castle. Again, that ultimately doesn't mean anything for how big they'd actually make him, though, but there's at least precedent for him being ginormous.

I hope he doesn't fall under the same heading as poor Ridley did (aka "too damn big")...
I love how everyone is like
"Oww cloud..owww Ryu Oww how can Sakurai out do himself DA FLOODGATES R OWPEN ANY1 CAN JOIN NOW"

Err.....just add Ridley simple... (-_-)
Project M did it lol...and Sakurai cant?
Embarrassing. . . . .

Top Bottom