• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers at SDCC

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Anyone planning on going to Comic-Con this month for the 3DS tournament? I'll be there and am going 100% Bowser.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Make it far in man. I expect great things from Bowser players.

Shök

Smash Champion
Anyone planning on going to Comic-Con this month for the 3DS tournament? I'll be there and am going 100% Bowser.
Wish I could go! Ha ha. Good luck! We'll be cheering you on!

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does anyone have anything in particular they'd like to see or have tested? Nintendo will have both games at SDCC, and I'll definitely get games in on Thurs and Sun outside if the tournament. We'll see if the staff allows recording.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Is it going to be the same build as last month's? If so...I can't really think of anything that I would have to know.

You know I only care about Side B anyway (´・ω・`)

Shök

Smash Champion
I just want to see Bowser in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Well, it'd be nice to get an absolute confirmation on grab release, and also some footage of a completed Nair so we could document the percentage. There are a few other things I'd like to get footage of as well but I'd be most happy with both of those, anything else I can just wait for the release to test it myself. If you happen to get a moment to look into this and bring back some good footage then it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
No sir, the Nintendo Lounge is at the Mariott across the street and doesn't require a badge for entry.

You can also take a picture of yourself and tweet to NoA using #BringMeSmash to have a rep go to your location with a 3DS demo of Smash.

For anyone interested in my Comic-Con updates, please follow my Twitter, @Hewittfilms.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Do you need to be part of comic con to participate? :(
Nope!
The sign-ups aren't actually "at" Comic Con. They're in a building next to Comic Con.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was planning on using the big man himself.
If you don't mind me asking @ Zigsta Zigsta when did you plan on showing up to wait for sign ups?
I'm worried that no matter how early I get there it won't be early enough.
Just having someone else to gauge my own time would be much appreciated.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm highly considering bringing my sleeping bag. I'm going to chat with Nintendo reps tomorrow and get a better feel--not even sure if they'll allow overnight camping since it takes place in a hotel.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Played a LOT today. I've found that FH nair>Fortress works very well. So far I don't like Klaw as much. It has a lot more ending lag if you miss.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
So far I don't like Klaw as much. It has a lot more ending lag if you miss.
oh God no...I mean, I knew that from the demos last month, but it still hurts my heart. I probably abused Side B more than any other Bowser in Brawl. I guess I'll really be a real fraud in the next game lol

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's about damn time they make Bowser awesome. <3 Brings happy tears to my eyes.....
All those people who think he's OP....please....just...stop. No.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
There are going to be soooo many Bowser mains after this. Although this is only the demo build and half the characters aren't even playable, it's so touching to see Bowser looking so legit <3

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Is there another tournament tommorow?

Do you need to be part of comi con to participate?

What's the address of the facility?

Sorry if there is another tourny I really wanna go play now! :D

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
That Larry Holland already looking so pro at the new, better Bowser...hot DAYUM.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I wonder if DEHF (Larry) is gonna use Bowser after this success. Pretty sure he'll be using Falco though. Unless he turns out like Fox :p

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
That stream gave me more reason to pick up Bowser for SSB4.

It's great to see a different character such as :4bowser: make it to Grand Finals where you might expect someone using :4fox::4marth: or:4sheik:.

Things really are changing.

Folt

Smash Ace
I have seen many things...

Bowser 4-stocking Sheik and that Bowser's player going on to win the tournament using Bowser the whole way was not one of them...

plz keep Bowser as is because this is ****ing fantastic!

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Bowser being such a popular pick in the tournament was so unexpected. He looks really fun to play; I can't wait to play him.

Congrats to Larry!

Shök

Smash Champion
I was definitely not expecting to see so many Bowsers. Lol.

Top Bottom