• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yellow Bowser is my jam. For the longest time, I referred to him as Boy Band Bowser because of the bleach blonde hair, but recently a close friend of mine made the observation that dtilt is two scoops, so I've started calling him Raisin Bran Bowser.
That's the symbol for the crew I'm in, 2Scoops. :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The only times I saw Junebug play Bowser on stream he kinda got bopped...
He didn't even know how to mash B to recover higher lol
Still got 9th though
Yeah, I watched the archives and it looks like he was just making noise simply with his fundamentals alone. Which, for what it's worth, is fine. He's playing a character that rewards good Smash Bros. fundamentals. (Note: Smash Bros., not Smash 4.)

If he were to take it a bit more seriously, I'm sure he would do even better. You guys have like 95 Bowsers in MD/VA. Show him something.

...And, seriously...did no one go over and tell him to mash B to recover properly?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Yeah, all my friends hate Bowser, too. They probably contributed some posts there on miiverse out of spite.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
9/11 posts aren't all that uncommon, unfortunately.

Of course, [character] sucks/salt/rage/general idiocy posts are still more common.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Just don't pick Lucario on that stage and you'll be fine.
There was this one badass pic of him in an Akuma pose, but the rest.....ugh

Now imagine if they put Krystal in

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
What's up guys. New here. Just noticed this thread. Thought I'd check in.

Idk what you guys wanna hear in the intros, but basically I'm new to Smashboards and competitive smash in general, but I've been playing Bowser for a while now. I was going to play him when he first came out but one of my friends got really mad because I was playing the best character so I stopped lol. Said friend still gets mad when I play Bowser so it's just general salt. I've gone back and forth between a lot of characters in this game (Rosaluma, Villager, Shulk, MK, Ness) but I just feel like Bowser needs more representation and I'm really comfortable with him.

Also, miiverse is amazing idk why you hating. Just sucks that you can't play online.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Bowser players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm starting off from the first character alphabetically so that's why I'm here. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Bowser and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
I went to my first tournament today for pm and melee, I got super rekt but still had a ton of fun and got a lot of helpful advice, but what I found weird was whenever I went for a rest( I was puff because my Bowser is trash in all games but smash 4) I would get this absolutely massive adrenaline rush that would last for like 5 seconds, is this a normal thing? Also hypothetically, if you were able to know every single move your opponent was going to do, would Bowser be the perfect character?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The one thread that I frequent that isn't mourning.

Yet.

RIP Satoru Iwata.

Last edited:

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
I went to my first tournament today for pm and melee, I got super rekt but still had a ton of fun and got a lot of helpful advice, but what I found weird was whenever I went for a rest( I was puff because my Bowser is trash in all games but smash 4) I would get this absolutely massive adrenaline rush that would last for like 5 seconds, is this a normal thing? Also hypothetically, if you were able to know every single move your opponent was going to do, would Bowser be the perfect character?
You know I've thought of this question a lot with a lot of other characters. I mean if a person's play style is like a written document, meaning it's like a plan, you could just fully charge forward smashes exactly where you know they will land, then of course the answer is yes. But obviously people adapt to their surroundings in Smash, maybe in that "document" their original plan was to go in, but they see Bowser blinking with the charging of his forward Smash, so they'll just sit tight and get ready to punish the cool down. In a simpler hypothetical world where you can get every read right 100%, meaning you will get every tech chase, punish every getup option, air dodge at all the right moments, etc...then Bowser still wouldn't be the best character. Just because you know what they're planning to do doesn't mean you or Bowser can react fast enough.

EDIT: As for your first question, it's all nerves I think. I tried to play Ness for a while and I would always mess up a PK thunder recovery in tournament/money match because my thumb was shaking or something like that. When a match is really close, I'll shake my legs just to release that excess energy so I don't tense up. Point being, I think everyone reacts differently under pressure, sometimes with weird ticks. Try watching S@X and only watch the face cams, you'll see what I mean.

Apparently one of the last things Iwata did was apologize for not having E3 live up to expectations. :\

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Being worried about E3 Digital Event not living up to expectations is definitely sad. This is partly because I loved the Digital Event to bits and because I was at E3. Nintendo's presence in the west hall was unparalleled. There was no reason to express regret. Miyamoto certainly didn't. His reaction on the show floor was pretty telling. East or West hall, most games just looked the same to him (which I'm tending to agree with). The only ones that broke away from the MOBA-style, third-person shooter (in booth) were the indie corner (lots of demos), a couple small companies (mostly video-only unless we're talking about Natsume, Oculus, or Mobious), and the big 5 in the East hall (Ubisoft, Bethesda, Activision, Disney, and Squeenix; with only Ubisoft having a significant showing of games in-booth). EA just ate up space in the East hall, and their presence in the West hall was devoted to the new Battlefront. Iwata had nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I went to my first tournament today for pm and melee, I got super rekt but still had a ton of fun and got a lot of helpful advice, but what I found weird was whenever I went for a rest( I was puff because my Bowser is trash in all games but smash 4) I would get this absolutely massive adrenaline rush that would last for like 5 seconds, is this a normal thing?
That is called momentum, my friend.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ MrEh MrEh Just moe-fy Bowser and pretend that Iwata wouldn't laugh his butt off. ;)

But seriously, what would Bowser even say or do? I'm still thinking. If I don't come up with something, I'll just draw a fist bump or something.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Draw Sena for me.

Do it.

Please.

Or actually, in memory of Iwata, try Bowser lol

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But seriously, what would Bowser even say or do? I'm still thinking. If I don't come up with something, I'll just draw a fist bump or something.
Hear this! I will kidnap Peach OVER and OVER again until I pull it off! Failure isn't an option! And neither is giving up!”

It's possible to apply the unaltered text in this quote from Dream Team in a different context to represent the company after Iwata's passing.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Alright who am I going to see at evo? Am I the only bowser from the boards going?
I'm not going, but we knew that from a while ago. I said I wasn't going to anything in Vegas until I turn 21. Luckily it's only a few months away, now. But I want to experience everything the place has to offer...not only EVO lol

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
Holy ****, Final Boss taking a match off of MVD. I also have more respect for Slip Bomb now. I still prefer regular Bowser Bomb, but Slip Bomb is no where near as bad as I thought it was.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, he did okay. A few really questionable decisions and I'm surprised MVD really got caught by that, but oh well. A game's a game. Top players get taken by surprise too.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, MVD got caught making a bad option. Slip Bomb is still bad. Most times FB used it for a trip, MVD just fell offstage and only took like 3%. Not worth it IMO. Forces Bowser to sit there while the opponent can just run in and break down the neutral.

D

Deleted member 189823

That's adorable

I have some questions. How do you...

- Slowfall D-Air? And how do you get the different variations, like the ones that spikes and the one that kills? Both are pretty beastly, and I mostly use it as a landing option and for punishing airdodges.
- Running F-Smash...or F-Smashing off a Dash. What are the exact inputs?
- I'm forgetting something

Also, thread. I won 4 MMs in the last month going 90% Bowser (the other 10% is ZSS twice and Yoshi once)

Last edited by a moderator:

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
That's adorable

I have some questions. How do you...

- Slowfall D-Air? And how do you get the different variations, like the ones that spikes and the one that kills? Both are pretty beastly, and I mostly use it as a landing option and for punishing airdodges.
- Running F-Smash...or F-Smashing off a Dash. What are the exact inputs?
  • You can't actually do the slow-fall dair unless you've been hit with vertical momentum. The slow-fall is the result of upward momentum clashing with the downward momentum of dair. The dair "that kills" and the dair that spikes are the same move. Dair has a spikebox on it, that you will very rarely use unless you get a hard read at ledge or you're on Delfino since dair will kill you 99% of the time if you do it offstage unless you have the water to save you. Also, even if landing offensively with dair is working for you now, get out of the habit of doing it unless the opponent is offstage for whatever reason. It's super-punishable on landing with about 50 frames of landing lag which is super-gross.
  • If you're looking to do an F-smash from a dash you have two options to do so quickly. You can either:
    • Dash -> Shield -> F-Smash
    • Dash -> Dash in the opposite direction (Pivot) -> F-smash

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
you can pretty much just stop dashing and then fsmash. bowser's got a ridiculously quick skid animation for some reason, so he can do things out of dash almost instantly.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer should totally try and see if he can find out just how fast it is <:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I think really badass kills can come off Smashes off a dash. The other day, there were many times people would either try to land with an aerial or a spotdodge and I'd get a ridiculous kill off of that. Imagine what it could do with Pivoting and Perfect Pivoting.

Top Bottom